Ben Rothlisberger, Eli Manning, or Phillip Rivers

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited January 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
they all were drafted in the 2004 draft, Eli #1, Rivers #4, i forgot where Ben got drafted though........

Which QB of the 3 would you want leadin your team?

I'd say Rivers, even though the Steelers and Giants both won rings with their QB's....to me hes the most talented of the 3 and hes probably the best leader too. what ya think?

Comments

• iStayWinnin
    iStayWinnin Members Posts: 129
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ben

Rivers

Eli
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    big ben..of course
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Big Ben then Eli
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll take Rivers, he is just the better overall qb. People will point to the rings, but who cares he didn't have a defense to give him one or two.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers is the better of the 3 QB's but oddly he's the one without any rings.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers is the most talented. Give me Ben though. He is a big game qb.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    Big Ben then Eli

^^^^^^^^^^i feel dat
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers by a landslide.

Ben can get it done and he proved it in the super bowl, but I would still take Rivers over him.

Eli....LOL
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers...........
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rated r wrote: »
    Rivers...........

The Rivers supporters have to be quiet for a while. I'll go with Big Ben.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Big Ben's career resume>>>>>Rivers meaningless season stats and playoff choking
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Think I may go with Rivers. Big Ben is good, but also a lot of luck. Not hating, but you can only break tackles and end up getting a 20 yard pass off so many times. Big Ben's gonna have to change that part of his game. And we've seen Eli Manning just crumble, although he can be good when he's playing well.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Think I may go with Rivers. Big Ben is good, but also a lot of luck. Not hating, but you can only break tackles and end up getting a 20 yard pass off so many times. Big Ben's gonna have to change that part of his game. And we've seen Eli Manning just crumble, although he can be good when he's playing well.

Why change it? It's gotten him 2 super bowls.
  • bow to royalty
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    Why change it? It's gotten him 2 super bowls.

His defense got him that. Don't get me wrong, Ben did do his part to help them win. But his defense helps give him a lot of slack in his QB play. Look at this year...Troy got hurt and missed much of the year, and they didn't even make the playoffs. But I think he needs to change it, because he won't lasts too long playing like that. You start breaking less tackles, you take more hits, you start to make more mistakes because you hold onto the ball too long.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers seems like the most talented and Ben seems like the better leader....

If I already had a decent running game id take Ben.......
  • Dick Shitman
    edited January 2010
    Options
    His defense got him that. Don't get me wrong, Ben did do his part to help them win. But his defense helps give him a lot of slack in his QB play. Look at this year...Troy got hurt and missed much of the year, and they didn't even make the playoffs. But I think he needs to change it, because he won't lasts too long playing like that. You start breaking less tackles, you take more hits, you start to make more mistakes because you hold onto the ball too long.

I'll give you the first super bowl, but Ben won that second one. That defense held em in the first 3 quarters but fell apart in the 4th and Roethlisberger took over. They didnt make the playoffs but Ben got his: 4300 yards, 26 tds despite having a ? line. He's been playing like that his whole career so I cant see him changing after he's had success with it. Its like Favre, he's going to force passes for better or worse. Ben is gonna fight off lineman for better or worse
  • swadesw
    swadesw Members Posts: 75
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers is the most talented. Give me Ben though. He is a big game qb.

No hes not have u seen him throw the deep ball.... He cant throw over the shoulder passes yet everytime his ridiculous 6 foot 5 receivers come down with it... put rivers on another team and hes a nobody...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ben, Eli then Rivers in that order. People stay hating on Eli he a pro bowl caliber player and had a career season this year.
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll take Ben...Rivers is a dynamic QB,but he acts like a WR...the QB should be the 'cool' head in the huddle,not the one jawing with defenders IMO...and Eli, well...no.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rivers the best...

Ben is clutch...

? eli...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Matt Shaub is from the 2004 draft too.
  • bow to royalty
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    I'll give you the first super bowl, but Ben won that second one. That defense held em in the first 3 quarters but fell apart in the 4th and Roethlisberger took over. They didnt make the playoffs but Ben got his: 4300 yards, 26 tds despite having a ? line. He's been playing like that his whole career so I cant see him changing after he's had success with it. Its like Favre, he's going to force passes for better or worse. Ben is gonna fight off lineman for better or worse

The D played a big role in the 2nd one too. They scored a defensive touchdown, and forced a turnover on the Cardinals last drive. Still props to Ben for the go ahead touchdown. And I don't know if he WILL change that part of his game. Good chance he won't. But I think it's something he should work on to help him become a better QB.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Matt Shaub is from the 2004 draft too.

damn....i forgot about him, hes a real underrated QB
  • black2spyda
    black2spyda Members Posts: 85
    edited January 2010
    Options