White people can never FEEL Hiphop music like the Black man

Options
Ibex
Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Reason
No diss but why do a whites think you can feel this ? more than a black person? Not to say that whites can't appreciate the music, make contributions, or have insightful opinions but, they can never really FEEL the music...Please explain to me how a white man can feel songs like 2Pac's "White Man's World" , Nas "Last Real ? Alive" Biggie's "? Bleed", or Public Enemy's "Fight the Power".....I just can't see it

Comments

• Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    co-sign this thread.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    what about songs like retrospect for life? or respiration? or caught in a hustle? or Same story?

Not all songs are about the plight of the average black man. some are relevant to other people too you know.

That is true but often whites misconstrue the point or meaning of a lot of hiphop songs
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    u could say the same thing with black people and country music, or rock n roll, heavy metal
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    totally understand it or not, this goofy white cat is more hiphop than some of these posin' ass fools. I been around since hiphop birthed, just cause I'm white doesn't mean I don't understand it though.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »
    u could say the same thing with black people and country music, or rock n roll, heavy metal

I agree with you but I understand that and a lot of white people don't....I can listen to country western everyday for the rest of my life and learn to love it but, I know that it's origin and roots was not originally meant for people of color so I never really could feel the music
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hip Hop was created in the inner city from people of color. This thread should be accepted as fact. White folks won't truly understand an album such as "Blackstar" or "Me Against The World". ? , alotta black people don't so how can white folks. And black people created rock n roll and country music so yes we can understand it.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    totally understand it or not, this goofy white cat is more hiphop than some of these posin' ass fools. I been around since hiphop birthed, just cause I'm white doesn't mean I don't understand it though.

I'm fairly certain you can comprehend the meaning of songs and appreciate their value but, can you say you really feel the music? How can any white person feel Public Enemy's " Can't Trust It" more than a black man?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? that i think black people created every form of music...
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so along the lines of your reasoning....whites shouldn't read Malcolm X's books even though there is wisdom for both blacks and whites in them...but because it was fundamentally written for the benefits of blacks, whites should just ignore that kind of knowledge?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why should this even be a matter? You could make this statement about any two random people on the IC or people in general. The fact that this forum exists proves that no one FEELS Hip Hop music the same way another person does. Make a thread about any of those songs and opinions will differ especially those pertaining to how and what those songs make them feel.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so along the lines of your reasoning....whites shouldn't read Malcolm X's books even though there is wisdom for both blacks and whites in them...but because it was fundamentally written for the benefits of blacks, whites should just ignore that kind of knowledge?

No I would never deny seeking knowledge and truth, but there is a certain relatability factor to teachings of say a Malcolm X that you could never understand
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    There are other oppressed people who can really understand topics such as racism police brutality etc.
    . i.e. hispanics, native americans.

You are right and I'm sure there are songs of that culture that they can relate to more than I ever could, but I'm specifically talking about whites because they buy and support hiphop music the most
  • Logic Last
    Logic Last Members Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    No diss but why do a whites think you can feel this ? more than a black person? Not to say that whites can't appreciate the music, make contributions, or have insightful opinions but, they can never really FEEL the music...Please explain to me how a white man can feel songs like 2Pac's "White Man's World" , Nas "Last Real ? Alive" Biggie's "? Bleed", or Public Enemy's "Fight the Power".....I just can't see it

Well, if the proposition that blacks can never feel Eminem like whites is plausible, your theory should too be plausible regarding whites listening to black artists. I agree.
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    smh @ stealing thread ideas from Ron Shelton like no ones smart enough to see it.

a white man who's been to the pen can feel white man's world..

have you been to prison?
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No I would never deny seeking knowledge and truth, but there is a certain reliability factor to teachings of say a Malcolm X that you could never understand

Honestly, hearing NWA, Public Enemy and the like have shaped my views on race.
    Hiphop as a whole has defined my views on racism.
    I was never taught one racist thing growing up but never was encouraged to learn about black culture either.
    Everything I know about black culture is derived from my love of hiphop.
    I became interested in the things I was hearing on tapes and the radio so it led me to learn about Malcolm, MLK, Rosa Parks.
    By the time I got into those subjects in school I was already more open than the usual white kid to being interested enough to follow this amazing movement.

Amazes me that you would get defensive to such a positive byproduct of listening to hiphop even if it was a white person.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, if the proposition that blacks can never feel Eminem like whites is plausible, your theory should too be plausible regarding whites listening to black artists. I agree.

Yes but Eminem's whole stlye of music is and imitation of a black artist....every rapper he listened too and wanted to be like the most was black
  • Why_You_Mad
    Why_You_Mad Members Posts: 6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Alright, let me first say I'm not white, before the "WHATEVER DOESN'T MATTER U WHITE" replies. OP is an idiot, Hip Hop is diverse, there are a lot of different types of songs, so really anyone can "feel" them. The songs OP chose were obviously intended for strictly black audiences.A white man can appreciate N.Y. State of Mind, D'Evils, Juicy, Just a Friend, Regulate, etc. just as much as a black man.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    smh @ stealing thread ideas from Ron Shelton like no ones smart enough to see it.

a white man who's been to the pen can feel white man's world..

have you been to prison?

I didn't steal this ? from anybody if this thread has been do before oh well I'm doin it again...but since you wanna bring up that song tell me this..

"Now do you love me mama? Whitey keep on callin me ? ?
    Get my weight up with my hate and pay 'em back when I'm bigger
    And still thuggin in this jail cell, missin my block
    Hearin brothers screamin all night, wishin they'd stop
    Proud to be black but why we act like we don't love ourselves
    Don't look around busta (you sucka) check yourselves
    Know what it MEANS to be black, whether a man or girl
    We still strugglin, in this white man's world"

That's how you felt when you where in jail really??
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Brova wrote: »
    co-sign this thread.
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Hip Hop was created in the inner city from people of color. This thread should be accepted as fact. White folks won't truly understand an album such as "Blackstar" or "Me Against The World". ? , alotta black people don't so how can white folks. And black people created rock n roll and country music so yes we can understand it.

^^^This

I agree with that theory. Black people can't relate to Eminem's music as much as a white person due to culture differences, which is why I never argue with a white guy on why he should or shouldn't have Eminem in his top 5 DOA or even number1 for that manner.

i.e. Hating your mother is almost taboo in Black culture.... the same thing with ? ? . Eminem embraces both of these things in multiple songs.

For white people it seems like hating your mom is more of an accepted thing, and ? stuff to white people seems to be entertainment.
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i wouldn't call it a race situation. IMO it's more of personal experiences or knowing ppl with similar experiences. White d-boys from tha trap can feel "ten ? commandments" more than some ? ? from tha suburbs that don't even know what bakin soda is for.

Yes but is that same white dopeboy gonna feel "Warning" more than the black kid from the suburbs?...That song is a classic example of the crab mentality that young black men deal with on a daily basis especially the successful ones
  • rusty shackleford
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I didn't steal this ? from anybody if this thread has been do before oh well I'm doin it again...but since you wanna bring up that song tell me this..

"Now do you love me mama? Whitey keep on callin me ? ?
    Get my weight up with my hate and pay 'em back when I'm bigger
    And still thuggin in this jail cell, missin my block
    Hearin brothers screamin all night, wishin they'd stop
    Proud to be black but why we act like we don't love ourselves
    Don't look around busta (you sucka) check yourselves
    Know what it MEANS to be black, whether a man or girl
    We still strugglin, in this white man's world"

That's how you felt when you where in jail really??
    lesson 1: no matter what color your skin is.. when you get behind the walls, you're black like everyone else in that ? . chinese? BLACK. mexican? BLACK. white? BLACK. purple? BLACK. black? ESPECIALLY BLACK..... as far as the COs/guards are concerned... i might as well have been kunta kenti. they act like we aint breathing the same air.. .. like we aint even the same species.. in fact, their total lack of compassion is palpable.. now i can't speak on it for certain but.... i got the distinct feeling that the black dudes i'd be kickin' bars with were so used to this posture of inhumanity that it was barely noticable. i'm mixed & i grew up around nothing but essays & black folks so the idea that my complexion made ? a bit easier wasn't AT ALL lost on me..

lesson 2: with this new perspective, you stop seeing yourself & everyone around you as a color but as 2 seperate groups of people.... one group who thrive off hate & reliving pain... & the ones who stick together despite the petty differences no one had a choice in to begin with.. [ex: being crippled, yellow, ? , muslim, cross eyed, ect..]

lesson 3: unwash your brain. realise books like the bible, [which laid out all the rules for human enslavement [thereby justifying the american slave trade in the minds of the monsters who took part in it] & issued what is now a 2000 year old death warrent for ? people simply because they love [not hurt but LOVE] the wrong person] the quran and torah were designed as prison cells for the human mind... supposedly, these ? rags are meant to promote peace, love, & understanding of our Creator but in actuallity has us at each other's throats.

albert pike, before his death in the late 19 century, had drawn up a blue print of three world wars that were going to happen... the first two happened exactly like he said they would & this is what he said of the third world war..

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most ? turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

religion was meant as a seperation tool by our controllers.. to understand ourselves, we must first understand this fact.

as a side note: not only was pike a 33rd degree freemason but a top leader in the Knights of the Ku Klux ? . & because he's such a great role model, pike has a statue in washington d.c.. the statue of the woman below him has in her hands a banner depicting a two headed eagle signifying Nimrod, the King Of Babylon:

albertpikexu4.jpg

need i say more?
  • rusty shackleford
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I didn't steal this ? from anybody...
    Have you seen White Men Can't Jump?
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options

need i say more?

I hate when jail ? read a book for the first time and the light comes on then they wanna school you on some ? ...your whole post is irrelevant and went waaaay off topic...? that G.E.D. dog get a real degree man
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thread is cosigned by a white cat.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I hate when jail ? read a book for the first time and the light comes on then they wanna school you on some ? ...your whole post is irrelevant and went waaaay off topic...? that G.E.D. dog get a real degree man..
    so because you can't grasp a factual concept [which feeds the roots of your racist point of veiw] that takes people of average intelligence about 20 seconds to comprehend, my post is off topic?

1425737796_46be55c0f6_o.gif

fact: i've read more books than you've laid eyes on.. & maby... just maby... that's the problem here..

"life without knowledge is death in disguise.." ~Talib Kweli