So When Is Someone Going To Admit That Craig Mac Wrote BIG Verse For Flava In Ya Ear

Options
MrJR
MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Reason
It amazes me that yall ? really think Big wrote all of his ? you can hear in Big rhymes that Mac wrote for him.But i guess since Mac did it yall are gonna be saying those rhymes were wack.

Comments

• motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it's well known biggie never wrote every rhyme he spit was from his memory he used the same method jay z does
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Craig Mack co wrote ready to die. Craig Mack used to ghostwrite for EPMD also
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i actually heard that before.
  • MrJR
    edited September 2010
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    it's well known biggie never wrote every rhyme he spit was from his memory he used the same method jay z does

? Craig Mac wrote that verse for Big he should be consider GOAT
  • MrJR
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and btw Mac still had the best verse on that song
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    ? Craig Mac wrote that verse for Big he should be consider GOAT

if you believe that you must believe gillie wrote for wayne if ? could write legendary bars for the next man why couldn't they ever do it for themselves
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited September 2010
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    if you believe that you must believe gillie wrote for wayne if ? could write legendary bars for the next man why couldn't they ever do it for themselves

Convincing argument...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Craig Mack co wrote ready to die. Craig Mack used to ghostwrite for EPMD also

He may have wrote some hooks (benefit of the doubt) but I doubt he wrote verses for Biggie. If he was that nice then how come Mack rarely wrote any classic verses for himself?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This ? stay hatin
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Puff puff pass my ? .
  • brombonze
    brombonze Members Posts: 406
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It amazes me that yall ? really think Big wrote all of his ? you can hear in Big rhymes that Mac wrote for him.But i guess since Mac did it yall are gonna be saying those rhymes were wack.

i'll admit it when you prove it

time's yours
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

Is he serious?
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Is he serious?

goood Question.........
  • MrJR
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im serious that ? biggie was a ? puppet when no1 helped him with his lyrics he resorts to rapping about sticking ? in ? ears he a ? .Yall nggas are ? for listening to him
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    He may have wrote some hooks (benefit of the doubt) but I doubt he wrote verses for Biggie. If he was that nice then how come Mack rarely wrote any classic verses for himself?

Craig Mack was a ghostwriter for Hit Squad/EPMD in early 90s. I dont know his backstory about him signing to Bad Boy but he wrote a bulk of the material for ready to die. Biggie didnt not know how to construct proper verses or song formats so Craig Mack helped him with that. Puffy disposed of craig mack because he wanted to do a gospel album. Mack was a born again chrisitian and wanted to use platform on Bad Boy to bring some positivity back to the hip hop and thats why we havent heard from him since. puffy barely let him do that EMI/Street Life deal in 97. Listen to Project Funk Da World and then listen to Ready to Die and it will be clear as day
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    see what im sayin? i tried to find audio for craig mack "when ? comes" track but the powers that be took it offa youtube. When ? Comes is a powerful record just like Pac's Blasphemy. Mack speaking on real ? . but yeah he certainly helped biggie with RTD. ask Easy Mo Bee/Das EFX and Redman. Mack did his album off the love of Hip Hop and the wave of holding down that east coast sound. Yeah RTD may have sold alot of records in 94 but Flava in Ya Ear was a street anthem and had more buzz than biggie records. dont get it ? up. ? talk about Juicy being the first major Bad Boy record. Hell no. Juicy sounded like a warren G rip to me and alot of other ? . Flava In Ya Ear is what stood out and said NY is in the house. Funk Da World is a classic album. The production is sample heavy, bass pounding, hoodies and black tims boom bap tracks. Mack approaches MCing with the intent of catching wreck on beats on the album. That was my ? in 7th grade I listened to that album everyday until Infamous dropped
  • brombonze
    brombonze Members Posts: 406
    edited September 2010
    Options
    see what im sayin? i tried to find audio for craig mack "when ? comes" track but the powers that be took it offa youtube. When ? Comes is a powerful record just like Pac's Blasphemy. Mack speaking on real ? . but yeah he certainly helped biggie with RTD. ask Easy Mo Bee/Das EFX and Redman. Mack did his album off the love of Hip Hop and the wave of holding down that east coast sound. Yeah RTD may have sold alot of records in 94 but Flava in Ya Ear was a street anthem and had more buzz than biggie records. dont get it ? up. ? talk about Juicy being the first major Bad Boy record. Hell no. Juicy sounded like a warren G rip to me and alot of other ? . Flava In Ya Ear is what stood out and said NY is in the house. Funk Da World is a classic album. The production is sample heavy, bass pounding, hoodies and black tims boom bap tracks. Mack approaches MCing with the intent of catching wreck on beats on the album. That was my ? in 7th grade I listened to that album everyday until Infamous dropped

is there a link where Craig Mack said he wrote RTD?
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Craig Mack was a ghostwriter for Hit Squad/EPMD in early 90s. I dont know his backstory about him signing to Bad Boy but he wrote a bulk of the material for ready to die. Biggie didnt not know how to construct proper verses or song formats so Craig Mack helped him with that. Puffy disposed of craig mack because he wanted to do a gospel album. Mack was a born again chrisitian and wanted to use platform on Bad Boy to bring some positivity back to the hip hop and thats why we havent heard from him since. puffy barely let him do that EMI/Street Life deal in 97. Listen to Project Funk Da World and then listen to Ready to Die and it will be clear as day

Helping him construct a song is different than Craig flat out penning Biggie's rhymes for songs like Gimme The Loot or Warning. Sometimes rappers gets writer credits for writing choruses for artists. Like Jada getting credit for Last Days.
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Helping him construct a song is different than Craig flat out penning Biggie's rhymes for songs like Gimme The Loot or Warning. Sometimes rappers gets writer credits for writing choruses for artists. Like Jada getting credit for Last Days.

he came up with the topics and insight on those topics on the album. craig mack was a goon in 80s. stickup kid and dope pusher. he lived that life that biggie is talking about on RTD. Mack was robbin rappers back in the 80s
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    he came up with the topics and insight on those topics on the album. craig mack was a goon in 80s. stickup kid and dope pusher. he lived that life that biggie is talking about on RTD. Mack was robbin rappers back in the 80s

I dont agree but nothing is too farfetched.
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • MrJR
    edited September 2010
    Options
    mack>>>big

C/s these ? dont know the truth
  • MrJR
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Biggie was a puppet I've been saying that

once i know u agree thats all that matters
  • tom21
    tom21 Members Posts: 12
    edited August 2014
    Options
    bullsh*t, unless you have hard facts and actual proof with credible source(s), then this is all BS and speculation.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt he wrote it,but Mack helped to create Big's style and you can hear that when you listen to Mack then listen to 1st album BIG

I doubt he wrote but helped him w/ structure