Some Of You Ni99as Are Lames For Real, Nobody Likes Lyrics Anymore, Accept It

Options

Comments

• runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Short Bus Shorty>

waka flaka SKY WAKKA! BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW WWWWAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah this thread did backfire but with a title like you ? are lame what you expected son?? Lyrics will always be important, no matter how bad or good they are ? need something they can repeat after listening to a song.

T/s should of said no one cares about good lyrics, cuz most of the ? these new rappers say are weak, only there beats make the songs good to listen too.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Short Bus Shorty>

that ? is hilarious cause they actually rap like that
  • WildcatOffense
    WildcatOffense Members Posts: 961
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    that ? is hilarious cause they actually rap like that
    They should just all collab on one song and ruin hiphop
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    they should just all collab on one song and ruin hiphop

l o l

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    props for the shock thread...

*grabs popcorn, watches ? catch feelings*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    co-sign this thread
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I respect kurtis blow for his pioneerin but......that ? was weak too

I respect the Model-T but... that ? was slow.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    binstar wrote: »
    i respect the model-t but... That ? was slow.

lol, big difference
  • WildcatOffense
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nerdy ? talkin bout how eminem is the best rapper, eminem fell off, he's wack....if he wasnt white nobody would listen to his ? ass music.....then ? hate on jeezy,ross, gucci, etc, of course those ? aint super lyrical, people dont want lyrics anymore

People just want some ? that goes hard in the whip, maybe since you guys are lames who spend all your time on the internet you dont have a car or attend public functions, but nobody IN REAL LIFE cares about ross's past, gucci's lack of lyricism, jeezys limited subject matter, or flocka's general wackness

Its just ? music, its not killing hip hop because hip hop is a genre of music encompassing all types of musicians, if you dont like a certain artist, ignore them or make your own wack ? blow up instead of hatin on the next man from the sidelines

A talented lyricist should always accepted and respected, but hot songs shouldnt be demeaned just cause the guy isnt as lyrical or isnt representing "the cause"

This is the obvious post of a ? ' high school dropout..
  • myles@thisisfif
    myles@thisisfif Members Posts: 274
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lloyd banks is going to have album of the year real lyrical ? not that clown slow iq 20 flow
  • Avenged Sevenfold
    Avenged Sevenfold Members Posts: 199 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nerdy ? talkin bout how eminem is the best rapper, eminem fell off, he's wack....if he wasnt white nobody would listen to his ? ass music.....then ? hate on jeezy,ross, gucci, etc, of course those ? aint super lyrical, people dont want lyrics anymore

People just want some ? that goes hard in the whip, maybe since you guys are lames who spend all your time on the internet you dont have a car or attend public functions, but nobody IN REAL LIFE cares about ross's past, gucci's lack of lyricism, jeezys limited subject matter, or flocka's general wackness

Its just ? music, its not killing hip hop because hip hop is a genre of music encompassing all types of musicians, if you dont like a certain artist, ignore them or make your own wack ? blow up instead of hatin on the next man from the sidelines

A talented lyricist should always accepted and respected, but hot songs shouldnt be demeaned just cause the guy isnt as lyrical or isnt representing "the cause"

Damn....if this....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTTfxKF387M is falling off then hip hop really is dead.

You realize that you just contradicted yourself right? read the 2nd bolded a few times.....then you will see what I am talkin about LOL
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    ...... Yes there is a club culture but when is ? gonna grow up? u realize time keeps ticking and despite what Hov says u will not be Forever Young.... So when u have kids and a career thinking about your 401k (which prolly wouldnt exist by then but stilll...) ur not gonna wanna hear what ur hearing now.... My mom play the SAME ? from the 70's and it still hasnt gotten old yet.... Music u can grow to appreciate>>>> Music who sound good because ur ? and wanna dance... And ? STILL dont make great dance music.... Because It Takes Two will STILL get a party jumpin 20 years from now can u say the same for Pretty Boy swag?....

for our generation yes..
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited October 2010
    Options

Over time I've come to agree with this viewpoint. Nothing like an album full of bangers like TD. People might not understand great lyrics when they hear it, but they will ALWAYS love a hard beat, a dope hook, and a passable flow.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i dont know when the last time i heard it takes two
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Actually genstasia you're wrong on that, with current progress in scientific research it is entirely possible that the medicine and technology to live hundreds of years will be developed within the next 20-30 years....how far before that stuff trickles down to the middle-class and below, though, is up for debate...imagine feeling like you're 29 for over 50 years. Age becomes a number and no one knocks "50 year olds" for being at the club when they're biologically no different than a 25 year old.
  • weezyfgarbage
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thats gonna be for ppl with excessive amounts of money.... Im talking about the average person... Not the elite or wealthy... And those ppl are not listening to Pretty boy Swag honestly...

lol yeah not pretty boy swag obviously that's a garbage song, I'm talking about being in the club. If a dude looks, talks, and is biologically young...then he's young. No other way around it.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    SDub973 wrote: »
    If no one liked lyrics anymore, we'd all be bumpin instrumentals.
    northside7 wrote: »
    t. webb wrote: »
    /thread .
    sboogie wrote: »
    why is ok to display ignorance and disdain for intellectual pursuits?
    the global economy has no room for you high school drop out book hating ? ......
    keep blasting your hot ? in your whip, you ? waste of grey matter.
    freshb651 wrote: »
    /wack thread
    close thread
    freshb651 wrote: »
    lol @ book hating,? fight education like it threatened em'
    You ignorant ? will defend this wack ass dance music and then realize it is impossbile to do the stanky leg and drive a car at the same time
    it's bigger than that. It's on a level, that your mind hasn't gain cognizance for;

~it's not about who we like, it's about those who provide the most music to the masses, having an unBecoming agenda.
    ~it's not about who we don't like, it's about those who control The Music Industry, using music's proven, verified effect on the Human Mind/actions...to manipulate Images, assist (-) Prejudices, shape public opinion and ? the veracious society of all (+) Uplifting creativity, thereof.
    its not about thinkin we are better, we just don't feed into pure ignorance, whats wrong with a ? takin his time to construct some dope verses
    ? Your thread
    i like lyrics.......dumb ? that cant read dont like lyrics
    What a ? thread.
    walwyn wrote: »
    look simple ? , we listen to what we like. you apparently like rappers who know they are not lyrical, cool, others however dont listen to ? like that. what is the problem? you got a personal vendetta with ? who prefer a joell ortiz over a shawty lo? lol
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    No Wonder this genre has now lower approrval ratings than in the early 90's.
    Is it not possible to be lyrical and entertaining at the same time? What happened to being original and actually being good at what you do? Who says people don't want lyrics? You? You a funny dude and judging from this thread you have zero knowledge when it comes to hip hop culture. All you prove is that todays young fans have very low standards when it comes to the music and for the record hip hop is a way of life, rap is something you do.
    Yo if I wanted to hear adults tell me nursery rhymes I would pop in a a rafi tape. I wouldn't want to read a doctor seuss book over lets say a dan brown book not because it isn't entertaining its no where near as thought provoking or stimulating as a dan brown book.
    CMac wrote: »
    Yeah this thread did backfire but with a title like you ? are lame what you expected son?? Lyrics will always be important, no matter how bad or good they are ? need something they can repeat after listening to a song.

T/s should of said no one cares about good lyrics, cuz most of the ? these new rappers say are weak, only there beats make the songs good to listen too.
    If nobody pays attention to lyrics, then music is dumbing down.

Someone once said that's a sign of low intelligence. I don't want to believe that, but ? , it might be.
    ...... Yes there is a club culture but when is ? gonna grow up? u realize time keeps ticking and despite what Hov says u will not be Forever Young.... So when u have kids and a career thinking about your 401k (which prolly wouldnt exist by then but stilll...) ur not gonna wanna hear what ur hearing now.... My mom play the SAME ? from the 70's and it still hasnt gotten old yet.... Music u can grow to appreciate>>>> Music who sound good because ur ? and wanna dance... And ? STILL dont make great dance music.... Because It Takes Two will STILL get a party jumpin 20 years from now can u say the same for Pretty Boy swag?....

All This and then some...
  • WildcatOffense
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Once again for good measures ? your thread.
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    This is the obvious post of a ? ' high school dropout..

Youre a ? . You prolly dont even go to college, but you have a phd in conscious hip hop

foh
    lloyd banks is going to have album of the year real lyrical ? not that clown slow iq 20 flow

banks WAS one of the best lyricists, now its beamer,benz or bentley which brought back some semblance of relevancy
    Damn....if this....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTTfxKF387M is falling off then hip hop really is dead.

You realize that you just contradicted yourself right? read the 2nd bolded a few times.....then you will see what I am talkin about LOL

Im not gonna click that link, but post the vid

Im not saying most, or even any, of the music thats being made right now is classic ? ....it has its place tho

It just seems like alot of the older heads talk down because its the new ? .....at this point in time, lyrics and artistry are not at the forefront, look who people say is the best rapper, lil wayne, but im not gonna hate on wayne cause he makes songs i like from time to time......i dont think it takes away from the classic hip hop because someone would have to be a ? to think people hold rick ross or young jeezy in the same regard as nas or rakim
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »

We don't believe the words, we just love the way they sound

Mike shinoda is boring than a muthafucka

Rick ross>>>>mike shinoda

I want you to honestly say this song aint better:
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nobody liking lyrics is the reason why this generation will have a hard time making a case for the "classic" albums that are coming out.
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I think the main problem is when ppl overhype artist.... Soon as an Album come out its "Classic" somebody freestyles over a beat and does decent now they are "The greatest Rapper ever" but back in the day you had to WORK for every little bit of praise u had.... And some old ? are stuck in their way but the younger generation has ZERO respect and are blissfully ignorant... Because now its all about "Buzz' which all that is being able to make a fool out of yourself... there's no Morals and no respect... Of course this music plays a part but dont act like lyrics doesnt play a part either....

Im not blissfully ignorant, I just dont live in the 90s

Of course illmatic and reasonable doubt alone are more artistic and talented albums than anything that has come out in the past 8 yrs, but that doesnt mean that a wack southern rapper cant make my head nod, im not turning to that southern rapper for lyrics, i just like the song, and alot of the old ? think you gotta only listen to obscure krs one ? or else youre a high school dropout
  • Kushington
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    that song is so bubble gum it's not even funny.

I cant respect somebody who claims to like hip hop but doesnt like this: