10 HipHop facts you didnt know...maybe you did.

Options

Comments

• myles@thisisfif
    myles@thisisfif Members Posts: 274
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i wanna know more on if Nas really Ghostwrite for Will Smith and what he wrote?? please tell me will atleast wrote big willie style?

and how could will let jada ? other guys im calling ? on that one
  • myles@thisisfif
    myles@thisisfif Members Posts: 274
    edited October 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Not really Hip Hop related but before Cam'ron dropped his debut he was in L.A. and he seen Halle Berry sitting in a car with some dude leaning back in his seat. So he walks up to her and gives her his demo. A few years later at a party, Cam bumps into Larenz Tate and Tate tells him how he was the dude in the car with Halle that one day and how he been ? with his music ever since that day. Tate was hitting Halle around that time.

dam he is quite good actor.. remember him in Crash and Waist Deep? what else has he done thats good?
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I Heard when MF Doom's Brother DJ Subroc got killed when KMD were recording "black ? " MF Doom took it hard and lived (voluntary) on the streets and basically bummed about the streets, drank alot. thats why Doom sounds rough on some of the songs.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the movie baby boy was supposed to go to pac at first(rumor)
    pac was supposed to be in menace 2 society untill he knocked out one of the hughes brothers(fact)

2Pac was supposed to play Caine and Spice 1 was going to be O-Dog, there happened something between Pac and the Hughes brothers, which forced them to drop him and I don't know why Spice followed suit, but he said it in an interview that's up in youtube currently.
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    KRS-One used to be homeless now he's a world famous lecturer...he married an obese woman for a short period of time but they got divorced.

Fresh Kid Ice (2 Live Crew) was not only the first major Asian rapper but he managed to perform with a mangled arm most of his career.

Bushwick Bill (Geto Boys) is only 3 feet 8 inches tall, he's the most succesful midget recording artist of all-time...he actually shot his own eyeball out over a fight with his girlfried and became the most succesful half-blind midget in the world.

I think with KRS you're talking about "Ms. Melody" who even appeared in his You Must Learn video.

Fresh Kid Ice was the first Asian rapper and the 2 Live Crew member that was unable to have proper sex on stage like Marquis and Luke. (Mr. Mixx was always busy behind the boards playing the songs)

And on the topic of Bushwick:
    Rap-A-Lot created a second rate group named Too Much Trouble (or the Baby Geto Boys) with a white midget named Bar-None as their answer to Bushwick. Bar-None is also slightly shorter than Bushwick.

And to the one who mentioned Tim Dog and DJ Quik. I think it was actually some Crips cats affiliated with Bangin' On Wax rapper, Tweedy Bird Loc who wanted to jump Tim Dog on a concert but 2Pac was there and convinced them to leave Tim Dog alive. That's why Tim even gave Pac a shout-out on his second album Do or Die.
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Big Lurch, the one who ate his girlfriends organs. also wrote Bushwicks verse on "On mind Of a lunatic" which speaks on having sex with a dead body.

Looking through a window, now my body is warm
    she's naked, and I'm a peeping Tom
    Her bodies beautifull, So I'm thinking ? ....

You can also add Ananda Lewis to Jay Z's list. She is Free's Predecessor and also very beautifullimage--16-194--Ananda+Lewis+image+Gallery.html

Sam Sneed, who was a dope artist on death row was sexually assaulted and beat by a room full of deathrow artists.
    Royce's verse killed Jays on Renegade. the story about him rolling with his manager over Dre is true. I remember the interview that was done in the source. He said that Dre was dragging out production being lazy. and that Em was like "No, lets keep pushing, we gotta get this done" Which is basicly true. because everyone says this about Dre. Most noticibly Pac when Dre left Deathrow.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Classic thread.......

SMH @ reading through the whole thread and not getting a definitive answer on who killed Soulja Slim.

Jay-Z winning wid the ? ......Damn

Yea Untertainment was a label owned by Un and Big. Camron first album Horse and Carriage was released under them.
  • icame4wo
    icame4wo Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    2Pac was supposed to play Caine and Spice 1 was going to be O-Dog, there happened something between Pac and the Hughes brothers, which forced them to drop him and I don't know why Spice followed suit, but he said it in an interview that's up in youtube currently.

I think with KRS you're talking about "Ms. Melody" who even appeared in his You Must Learn video.

Fresh Kid Ice was the first Asian rapper and the 2 Live Crew member that was unable to have proper sex on stage like Marquis and Luke. (Mr. Mixx was always busy behind the boards playing the songs)

And on the topic of Bushwick:
    Rap-A-Lot created a second rate group named Too Much Trouble (or the Baby Geto Boys) with a white midget named Bar-None as their answer to Bushwick. Bar-None is also slightly shorter than Bushwick.

And to the one who mentioned Tim Dog and DJ Quik. I think it was actually some Crips cats affiliated with Bangin' On Wax rapper, Tweedy Bird Loc who wanted to jump Tim Dog on a concert but 2Pac was there and convinced them to leave Tim Dog alive. That's why Tim even gave Pac a shout-out on his second album Do or Die.
    i had their first album bringing hell on earth and their second one. the second one didnt have everybody from the first one and the vibe was completely different like on some playa ish. the first album is kind of crazy yo, "i ? about 8 hoes and now i'm a h town ? /skin color don't matter to me, i'm not a racist!"

i know bar none was added as a gimmick too. that first album cover is one of the goats.
    bringing+hell+on+earth.jpg

it always reminded me of this one

Gripitonthatotherlevelcover.jpg

in fact i only bought it on the strength of scarface being on the album and cause the cover made me want it. lol
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited October 2010
    Options
    icame4wo wrote: »
    i had their first album bringing hell on earth and their second one. the second one didnt have everybody from the first one and the vibe was completely different like on some playa ish. the first album is kind of crazy yo, "i ? about 8 hoes and now i'm a h town ? /skin color don't matter to me, i'm not a racist!"

i know bar none was added as a gimmick too. that first album cover is one of the goats.
    bringing+hell+on+earth.jpg

it always reminded me of this one

Gripitonthatotherlevelcover.jpg

in fact i only bought it on the strength of scarface being on the album and cause the cover made me want it. lol

Yeah, the second TMT album was entirely onto the ? ? they talked a lot about on album 1. I like that cover too.

And I don't know if I'm alone but I really prefer Scarface's faster paced flow on Grip It! to his future style that was more southern sounding and slower.
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Big Lurch, the one who ate his girlfriends organs. also wrote Bushwicks verse on "On mind Of a lunatic" which speaks on having sex with a dead body.

Looking through a window, now my body is warm
    she's naked, and I'm a peeping Tom
    Her bodies beautifull, So I'm thinking ? ....

You can also add Ananda Lewis to Jay Z's list. She is Free's Predecessor and also very beautifullimage--16-194--Ananda+Lewis+image+Gallery.html

Sam Sneed, who was a dope artist on death row was sexually assaulted and beat by a room full of deathrow artists.
    Royce's verse killed Jays on Renegade. the story about him rolling with his manager over Dre is true. I remember the interview that was done in the source. He said that Dre was dragging out production being lazy. and that Em was like "No, lets keep pushing, we gotta get this done" Which is basicly true. because everyone says this about Dre. Most noticibly Pac when Dre left Deathrow.

? i never knew this Big Lurch thing, Scary as ? !!! They found bite marks on her lungs and face!!

And Sam Sneed being sexually assualted might co-insign with Quincy Jones asking Pac to ? him in the ass (aparently). weird ass hollywood ? ? going on.
  • icame4wo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, the second TMT album was entirely onto the ? ? they talked a lot about on album 1. I like that cover too.

And I don't know if I'm alone but I really prefer Scarface's faster paced flow on Grip It! to his future style that was more southern sounding and slower.
    scarface on grip it and mr scrface is back is the greatest gangsta rapper eva. i don't know what happened in between his first solo album and his second but something changed drastically.

ChuckieInDaMurderAve did big mike write this?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know when you in a spot selling 20 peices and dimes and you get those little ? -crumbs in your baggie that you cant do ? with?? Well they took those crumbs and mixed it with the weed in the blunts....

cats try to say that aint smoking ? or its just cavey but ? that if you inhale ? -smoke you just smoked ? . DMX been doin' it, Too Short did it, buncha West-coast dude did it that I wont even mention.

i saw a method man interview where he said he was so high on ? during the filming of the "C.R.E.A.M" video he doesn't remember shooting it, being there, or anything
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scarface on grip it and mr scrface is back is the greatest gangsta rapper eva. i don't know what happened in between his first solo album and his second but something changed drastically.

No, no. This song came out originally on Lil Troy's Short Stop Records with the same lyrics as the "Grip It! On That Other Level" version. For the "Geto Boys" album which they made with Rick Rubin, the performance was slightly more energetic and realistic as well as better performed plus some lines were altered. Originally the song used a sample from this song (fast forward to 3:22 but with Geto Boys they changed it to James Brown. It's fully written by Scarface back when he was "Akshen" and he didn't even know Big Mike. Mike came into the picture in 1991 when some friend of his sent J. Prince a demo tape and he was signed to start the Convicts with Mr. 3-2.
    I might upload the original "Scarface" to youtube as I have it on my hardware.

On the subject of Grip It! On That Other Level, Willie D is the main lyricist with Scarface handling most of his own work, but here's the list of songs and who wrote them:
    Willie D wrote the entire "Do It Like a G.O.", "Gangsta of Love", "Read These Nikes", "Size Ain't ? ", "No Sellout" and "Let a ? Be a ? ". He also wrote his and Bushwick Bill's verses on "Talkin' Loud Ain't Saying Nothin'", "Trigga Happy ? " and "Mind of a Lunatic" (I don't think Big Lurch ever knew any of the Geto Boys, so I'm unsure where the source about Big Lurch writing it comes from)
    Scarface wrote all his own verses except on "Do It Like a G.O.", "Gangsta of Love" and "No Sellout". Bushwick Bill was still a newbie as a rapper and writer, so Willie D wrote all of his vocals.

And for those who are unaware, Ganksta NIP wrote "Chuckie". Another Geto Boys fact: Mind Playing Tricks was originally going to be a Scarface solo with the first and the last two verses (all of which are written by him) but the group on a whole showed interest and it became a group track. Willie D wrote his own verse and Bushwick took the last verse.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    big l, cam, mase all used to sell dust on 139th st, the same block l got popped on.
  • icame4wo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    No, no. This song came out originally on Lil Troy's Short Stop Records with the same lyrics as the "Grip It! On That Other Level" version. For the "Geto Boys" album which they made with Rick Rubin, the performance was slightly more energetic and realistic as well as better performed plus some lines were altered. Originally the song used a sample from this song (fast forward to 3:22 but with Geto Boys they changed it to James Brown. It's fully written by Scarface back when he was "Akshen" and he didn't even know Big Mike. Mike came into the picture in 1991 when some friend of his sent J. Prince a demo tape and he was signed to start the Convicts with Mr. 3-2.
    I might upload the original "Scarface" to youtube as I have it on my hardware.

On the subject of Grip It! On That Other Level, Willie D is the main lyricist with Scarface handling most of his own work, but here's the list of songs and who wrote them:
    Willie D wrote the entire "Do It Like a G.O.", "Gangsta of Love", "Read These Nikes", "Size Ain't ? ", "No Sellout" and "Let a ? Be a ? ". He also wrote his and Bushwick Bill's verses on "Talkin' Loud Ain't Saying Nothin'", "Trigga Happy ? " and "Mind of a Lunatic" (I don't think Big Lurch ever knew any of the Geto Boys, so I'm unsure where the source about Big Lurch writing it comes from)
    Scarface wrote all his own verses except on "Do It Like a G.O.", "Gangsta of Love" and "No Sellout". Bushwick Bill was still a newbie as a rapper and writer, so Willie D wrote all of his vocals.
    ok, i just got the wrong info about it then.

if you can, explain to me the various variety's in the early geto boyz albums. i have seen a couple of different track listings, different album covers and changes in the tracks. like gangster of love has at least 2 versions, mind of a lunatic. i think one version doesn't have city under siege etc. or is grip it on another level and the self titled geto suppose to be 2 different records? i never understood that.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok, i just got the wrong info about it then.

if you can, explain to me the various variety's in the early geto boyz albums. i have seen a couple of different track listings, different album covers and changes in the tracks. like gangster of love has at least 2 versions, mind of a lunatic. i think one version doesn't have city under siege etc. or is grip it on another level and the self titled geto suppose to be 2 different records? i never understood that.

Grip It! On That Other Level and The Geto Boys are two different albums but basically the same. The former was originally released in 1989 with the group being named Ghetto Boys. It impressed Rick Rubin and he signed them to his label and decided to remix the entire album. The group renamed themselves as Geto Boys and the album was self titled. All the songs were remixed in different ways, some had slightly altered lyrics, some had altered performances, some had the rapper's sections switched up while a number of then had a number of verses taken out from them. All songs feature the rappers with a lot more conviction and energy in their second performances and that makes "The Geto Boys" automatically superior. A Scarface verse was removed from both "Talkin' Loud" and "Trigga Happy ? " while he shared his verses on "Gangsta of Love" with Bushwick who was absent in the original. The only song that was not altered is "Read These Nikes" which has the same beat and lyrics but cleaned up vocals. "Seek and Destroy" and "No Sellout" were removed for the remixed album but "? Em", "Assassins" and "City Under Siege" were added instead. There are several changes to most songs but it's most significant with Gangsta of Love and Mind of a Lunatic. The former added Bushwick to the rapping roster and originally came out with "The Joker" being sampled but then Steve Miller Band ? and the re-release sampled "Home Sweet Alabama" instead. Mind of a Lunatic was a lot more gruesome in it's remix too. That basically explains it all I hope.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

^^^This guy likes Scarfaces gangsta rap and posted a video song about murdering Black folks!!
    blackrain wrote: »
    i saw a method man interview where he said he was so high on ? during the filming of the "C.R.E.A.M" video he doesn't remember shooting it, being there, or anything
    Sad but probably true.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^^^This guy likes Scarfaces gangsta rap and posted a video song about murdering Black folks!!

I usually agree with things you say, but could you explain what you mean by this?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So i'm guessing 90% of this ? is ? ! lol

The way mfs make it seem, these rappers are super human, super gangster, super pimps, super dust heads,etc.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I usually agree with things you say, but could you explain what you mean by this?

That poster went on a rant about the self-destructive gangsta rap of Ice Cube and how black children picked up guns because of Ice Cube,
    but then he says he's a Scarface fan and Scarface is the greatest Gangsta rapper of all-time....he must be smokin something.

Read below....

ice ? pretending to be something he never was for over 20 years is a fraudulent. you may be a fan but you are a dishonest one if you won't acknowledge that fact.

32760.jpg
    do you realize how many people he influenced to pick up guns and do the bs he had nwa and himself rappin about? you praising this devil like he really did something great for his people when he is credited with popularizing gangster rap (some say created) which anyone with common sense will tell you is destructive. even when i weigh the good vs bad in his music at the end of the day there is more bad than ? . even when he thought he was doing good on records like death certificate, he was really doing bad. f@ck ice ? and anyone who wants to keep arguing over this bigot. bow down

that "monster" book is tha bomb! this dude murdered mad people and did mad years behind all kinds of ish.

i hear you but disagree. i started listen to ugk back in 92 and i always felt that ? c was he weak link. i think either one of them solo is ok but both artist needed each other to stand out.

Attachment not found.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    dre aka dr ? was rockin da shiny suitz way b4 puffy invent'd da remix....

j prince had z-ro & da rapalot mafia chase cuuuurry & da ggggay-unit outta houston..

after cuuuuurrly diss'd bad newz, va he got on da 103 jamz radio station n va & apologized like a ? fa dissin bad newz...

benzino got murder inc 2 beat up proof n miami....

bang em smurf chased ? boy bankz outta da hood n dA soufside..

bang em smurf chased cuuuurry & 2 vanz fulll of police that was rollin wit him outta da hood @ da YOULL LOSE video shoot...

tony yoyo had milk pour'd on his head when he was lock'd up...

Im completly shocked that all yo rumors concern gunit, SHOCKED I say.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That poster went on a rant about the self-destructive gangsta rap of Ice Cube and how black children picked up guns because of Ice Cube,
    but then he says he's a Scarface fan and Scarface is the greatest Gangsta rapper of all-time....he must be smokin something.

Read below....

Oh, now I get it. Yeah, that's kind of contradictory. Y'know, for a moment I thought you were suddenly ranting about posting a Scarface video that's about "killing blacks". But now I get what you're saying.

I would not be informative for someone who says things that I find stupid such as the quotes you showed but since I was gonna post the facts I did, well, it was only better.

^^ and lol @ "tony yoyo had milk pour'd on his head when he was lock'd up..."
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    when ricky ross was a kid at age 11 he was beat up by real thugs cuz ross was chubby and wear glasses, this is what gave him the idea 2 be a co, then he wanted 2 b kewl so he lied and acted like a GOON
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2010
    Options
    More facts for you....

I Heard somewhere that Method Man was suppost to be on It Was Written.

Nas was working on his demo with Large Professor, during the Let The Rythem Hit Em sessions

KRS One was close to becoming a member of Ultramagnetic MC's
  • icame4wo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh, now I get it. Yeah, that's kind of contradictory. Y'know, for a moment I thought you were suddenly ranting about posting a Scarface video that's about "killing blacks". But now I get what you're saying.

I would not be informative for someone who says things that I find stupid such as the quotes you showed but since I was gonna post the facts I did, well, it was only better.

^^ and lol @ "tony yoyo had milk pour'd on his head when he was lock'd up..."
    I respected your post up until you decided to form an opinion from post taken out of context towards me from my stalker.

Hrap this is a hip hop board, you following me around wanting to discuss me only shows your obsessiveness and your ? to be seen and heard. I will tell you again, you need to go outside and go for a brisk walk. Look around you. No one else does this but you, it's not normal or healthy. It's a shame that you are even a mod if you really are one and that you can't stand for someone to disagree with your opinions.
  • curt mcgirt
    curt mcgirt Members Posts: 64
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Rakim almost battled Kane back in the day. Both of em had people in their ears saying the other one was throwing subliminals at him. Rakim actually had 8 bars in the song "Run for Cover" specifically about Kane but they spoke to each other on the phone and squashed it so Rakim took the bars out before the song was released. That would have been bigger than Nas/ Jay