KANYE WEST: The "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Thread

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
Well in my view no rap album for the rest of the year is more anticapted than this one. We are offically 5 weeks away from KanYe's 5 LP dropping. Originally titled "Good Ass Job", KanYe wanted to finish off his "College" Concept but after the passing of his mother and other drama, he found himself in a different place. Well "Gradaution" ends the College Trilogy and "808's and Heartbreak" is followed up by KanYe's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". The 1st single was very strong and will go with other Classic KanYe singles which was "Power". The 2nd Single is really growing on radio which was "Runaway". KanYe introduced G.O.O.D. Friday which he gave us fans many tracks over the last few weeks. Some of those songs will end up on the album and some won't. This is the official thread for the album. Discuss KanYe's career, Ups and Downs. Will this album sell as much as his last? Has KanYe fallen off? Will he prove the Haters wrong by dropping another Classic? This thread will explore it all up to the release of the LP:

kanye-west-power-cover-art-11-e1282177523954.jpg

Kanye.jpg

kanye-xxl-cover.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy

Comments

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The greatest hip-hop artist of all time.
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just so people know where I stand on his LP's:

College Dropout - 5 MICS (To me his only Classic LP and a great introduction to a Legendary Career)
    Late Registration - 4.5 MICS (Musically KanYe did improve but the album was a slight step down from his debut though still ILL)
    Graduation - 4 MICS (This was KanYe's most complete album production and Lyrically though a step down from his 1st two)
    808's and Heartbreak - 3.5 MICS (It was a good album for what it was but it did have some weak material)

Based on my ratings it would suggest that KanYe has gotten worst as he went along. But the fact is as he has grown musically, he's taking more risk with his music which can help and hurt an artist. I've heard people say all 4 LP's are Classics. To me his 1st two albums are the only albums I would say are Classic or close to Classic.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im trying to base my life off kanyes albums.

im supposed to drop out of college, re-register, but late and then finally graduate. after that i need to get my heart broken and then go bat ? crazy.

is that right?
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    im trying to base my life off kanyes albums.

im supposed to drop out of college, re-register, but late and then finally graduate. after that i need to get my heart broken and then go bat ? crazy.

is that right?

Given his twitter rant, Dark And Twisted Fantasy is pretty much about waking up, realizing who you are, and most of all, Growing up.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There's no wack songs on Late registration, the only questionable is Addiction. That album was a MASTERPIECE
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Given his twitter rant, Dark And Twisted Fantasy is pretty much about waking up, realizing who you are, and most of all, Growing up.

ah i see.

so after this album is he gonna do good ass job? i mean that would make sense, graduating, doing some personal development and then getting a good ass job.

or is that album just scratched?
  • StrangerInTx
    StrangerInTx Members Posts: 158
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Will Kanyetta be going into further details on how she practice witchcraft?
    2zyfl20.jpg
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Will Kanyetta be going into further details on how she practice witchcraft?
    2zyfl20.jpg

huh? ? out here with that ?
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    huh? ? out here with that ?

Shes a witch.
    6thjwn.jpg
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options

He should of finished the Power Video, that ish was EPIC.

Though I think KanYe should cut down the singing, this song really grew on me cause of what he's saying in the lyrics. We've all been there when we just want to give a toast to A-Holes, lol.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll cop the album, but when I do the first thing I'm gonna do is cross out that ? title and write "Good Ass Job" on the cd cover.
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There's no wack songs on Late registration, the only questionable is Addiction. That album was a MASTERPIECE

I agree, but I wouldn't say it's a Classic. But I also wouldn't argue with someone who said it was. Amazing album.
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll cop the album, but when I do the first thing I'm gonna do is cross out that ? title and write "Good Ass Job" on the cd cover.

I did like the "Good Ass Job" title but I agree wtih KanYe, it's kinda like Eminem with him trying to name his albums "Relapse 2". The whole "College Theme" is over, let it end with "Graduation". The new title makes me feel like we are about to get a real window into KanYe's mind. Based on the 1st two singles, it shows we very may will.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I was never a Kanye fan. In fact, I can't stand him. That said, credit where it's due, he's one of the few new millenium artists that makes music I respect. His singles are all usually pretty good. So one day, I decided to listen to his catalog because I had never really done that before. I have to say his albums are overrated. Don't get me wrong, the good songs that he makes are real good. The albums on the whole aren't all that to me though. At best, half the songs on the album are classic level tracks, the other half are so-so. I still think he's one of if not the best among the new millenium artists, but I don't think his catalog ranks with some of those from the 90s legends.
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yo strangerintx wassup with you and those sunglasses gifs? you will never be cool like this man
    corey-hart-sunglasses-at-night1-1-300x236.jpg
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hope she's casting a curse on you in that case.

If shes is it will #FAIL! Because shes a #FAIL-Witch. ? with the incantations don't affect me.
    dyxgn7.gif
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yo strangerintx wassup with you and those sunglasses gifs? you will never be cool like this man

Plz. Im SHITTIN all over that unknown ? .

6thjwn.jpg
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

LMAO. Birdcall you stupid my dude.
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options

Plz. Im SHITTIN all over that unknown ? .

6thjwn.jpg

unknown ? ? more like goat canadian pop star from the 80s!
    this video birthed swag.
  • rapmastermind
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Here's the people rumored to be on the album:

The guests that are confirmed to be working on the album are Dwele, Drake, Nicki Minaj, Beyoncé Knowles, Charlie Wilson, Common, Justin Vernon, Big Sean, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Rick Ross, T.I., Lloyd Banks, Tony Williams, Mos Def, Pusha T, M.I.A., Seal, Swizz Beatz, Soulja Boy Tell 'Em, Eminem, John Legend, Nas, Alicia Keys, Santigold, and La Roux.

So if the album is dropping 11/22. Normally the Leak hits 2 weeks before so that would put us at 11/7 for the Leak which is in 3 more weeks. Album cover should be dropping in the next couple weeks with Nicki Minaj cover leaking, I'm sure Ye' is right around the corner.
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    unknown ? ? more like goat canadian pop star from the 80s!
    this video birthed swag.

2010>>>>>>>>> 80s

6thjwn.jpg
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options

2010>>>>>>>>> 80s

6thjwn.jpg

im just saying you gotta pay homage to who birthed your style.

and lol at using an oprah gif to put down the 80s. shes smoking ? like the 80s never ended
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    im just saying you gotta pay homage to who birthed your style.

and lol at using an oprah gif to put down the 80s. shes smoking ? like the 80s never ended

I pay homage to N0 unknown ? and I never will.
    6thjwn.jpg

And Oprah will NEVER smoke ? .
    2n10nt.jpg
  • birdcall89
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I pay homage to N0 unknown ? and I never will.
    6thjwn.jpg

And Oprah will NEVER smoke ? .
    2n10nt.jpg

sunglasses.gif
    but she did....
  • StrangerInTx
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn, ? . Thats a really original and mature insult there....

Good ? .

Oh well, Syphilis ? .
    6thjwn.jpg