Why does MF Doom wear that mask ?

Options

Comments

• P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That ? wont just flow he might aswell go head and do spoken word poetry.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    rey-mysterio-photograph-c12233391.jpeg

He aint no Mexican ? wrestler neither.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    There is alot these grown ass rappers shouldn't be doin
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    if you guys want to say hes an alright producer, ok ill give you that. but hes not a good rapper by any stretch of the imagination.

ive had to sit through albums of this ? , and those were some of the most painful listening sessions of my life.

he has no flow and it sounds like hes reading over a beat. that ? been garbage.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He has a cleft lip.
  • Lonestar409
    Lonestar409 Members Posts: 325
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that ? is wack....point blank period. Aint no hating or looking down on talent. I dont care what kinda lyrics you got. if you sound like ? , your wack. ? has no flow whatsoever. he literally sounds like hes reading. he has little talent imo
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He wants to be different I guess,his name alone is wack as ? though
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Still if he wants people to be more concentrated on his raps than looks then he needs to be more concentrated on his delivery.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Where he from? I'll knock that stupid mask off his face

& foh you aint scaring shss
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Believe it or not. mf doom has a huge underground cult following. i tried to sit down and listen to him, but he's an acquired taste because i couldnt get into him at all. he comes off as being very corny at times. and it has nothing to do with him not being accessible. because i listen to some very obscure and abstract ? at times. but doom? naw he's not for me
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Believe it or not. mf doom has a huge underground cult following. i tried to sit down and listen to him, but he's an acquired taste because i couldnt get into him at all. he comes off as being very corny at times. and it has nothing to do with him not being accessible. because i listen to some very obscure and abstract ? at times. but doom? naw he's not for me

that's a reasonable way to critique an artist who's talented but you don't like him.

the thing about mf doom is that he can be a little boring or corny at times but he has a solid underground classic in operation doomsday and he's also got a very no frills style which turns some people off but at the time when operation doomsday came out it was like a breath of fresh air since there were so many over-the-top rap personalities and styles. I do think that his flow got a little lazier and more monotone since that album (and maybe viktor vaughn) but anyone who says he can't rap simply because they're not into his music is overly simplistic.
  • beats&rhymes
    beats&rhymes Members Posts: 195
    edited October 2010
    Options
    would u want people to see your face if you were that wack?
    that ? was incredibly wack
    that ? is wack....point blank period. Aint no hating or looking down on talent. I dont care what kinda lyrics you got. if you sound like ? , your wack. ? has no flow whatsoever. he literally sounds like hes reading. he has little talent imo

Firstly, the hate in this thread for Doom is ? outrageous, considering that this guy is mad talented and original on the mic and on production. I guess if it was Young Doom or Lil Doom you would be riding his ? hard. I've quoted a few of the borderline ? statements above from the guy with G Dep in his avi, ? outta here!!!
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol@ this thread..i aint gonna lie fa along time i thought this kat was white i aint even no he was blk
  • Lonestar409
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Firstly, the hate in this thread for Doom is ? outrageous, considering that this guy is mad talented and original on the mic and on production. I guess if it was Young Doom or Lil Doom you would be riding his ? hard. I've quoted a few of the borderline ? statements above from the guy with G Dep in his avi, ? outta here!!!

What was ? about it? I think the guy sucks and I explained why. Not everybody is gonna like this cornball. Sorry. And G. Dep in his prime>>>>>MF Doom.
  • The_Introvert
    The_Introvert Members Posts: 796
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Its his gimmick... like the downlow rappers sporting v necks, frohawks, and caprees yall like to worship nowadays. Gimmick
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    He wants to be different I guess,his name alone is wack as ? though

For real, I mean he ought to have a more creative name like: Lil Wayne, Lil Boosie, Lil Jon, Young Joc, Young Dro, Young Jeezy, Yo Gotti, etc, are all far more creative names.
  • P-Dogg77
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Gimmick or not a grown man sporting a mask aint just right.
  • beats&rhymes
    beats&rhymes Members Posts: 195
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What was ? about it? I think the guy sucks and I explained why. Not everybody is gonna like this cornball. Sorry. And G. Dep in his prime>>>>>MF Doom.

G Dep in his prime? Are you for real? What prime? His album was garbage. he had a couple of decent tracks with badboy, that is all, so you my friend are deluded. To be fair you didn't explain ? other than you think the guy is wack.
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Wtf yall talkin... MF is hilarious and says some slick ? . Not my personal favorite but I vibe with his tracks.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Personally dude flow is terrible...but he does have some lines. Not going say he wack, just not preference....
  • Lonestar409
    edited October 2010
    Options
    G Dep in his prime? Are you for real? What prime? His album was garbage. he had a couple of decent tracks with badboy, that is all, so you my friend are deluded. To be fair you didn't explain ? other than you think the guy is wack.

i mean we just got different tastes. im not gonna knock you or anyone who likes the guy. I said his flow was terrible and it sounded like he was reading. To me that makes him unlistenable.
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited October 2010
    Options
    t. webb wrote: »
    Personally dude flow is terrible...but he does have some lines. Not going say he wack, just not preference....

I could see that. I used to think the same. Now I'm of the opinion it varies from track to track. It works, it doesn't work.. it happens.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yo hasn't MF Doom been accused of sending imposters to perform his shows for him behind the mask ?I think he's been called out for this for like years now, in multiple cities.

Regardless of what you think of the music, that ? is wack. just google 'MF Doom imposter'
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For an underground rapper... five pages on The Reason is pretty impressive
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited October 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    For an an underground rapper... five pages on The Reason is pretty impressive

lol i disagree fam 5pgz aint ? sum posterz have threadz made about them on herr thatz longer then that lol