What's the Hardest (most difficult) game yall ever played?

Options

Comments

• DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    CALL OF DUTY CLASSIC ON VETERAN or cod2 w/e u wanna call it
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Halo 2 on legendary by yourself is no joke...
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Devil May Cry 3-i still haven beat it but i got hella far tho.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    Devil May Cry 3-i still haven beat it but i got hella far tho.

That right there
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden was hard as ? and trying to get all the awards in Peggle was a pain in the ass
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Geometry wars once u cross 2.5 million points= high blood pressure from that point on
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Came in to retract my Ninja Gaiden 2 statement and put Demon Souls instead. Started playing this game and I must've died 100x already and I'm just making it to to the 2nd stage with 11hrs in the game - that should show you how much i've been dying
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FIFA

i really wanted to throw the controller playing that ? .
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    FIFA

i really wanted to throw the controller playing that ? .

You can't be serious? What difficulty level?
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't think Battletoads was beatable
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    You can't be serious? What difficulty level?

not so much about the difficulty.
    more so me being a yank who never cared for soccer but decided to see what the fuss was about...lack of understanding for the sport = really couldnt figure out what meant what in the game
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Even tho I later mastered the game & its one of my favorite franchises... MOST of the Armored Core games that were on PS2 were incredibly challenging.

yea armored core is that ether... lol.. imma have to download battletoads emulator to see what its about.. i remember playing it befo.. is it like a side scroll final fight type of game?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    very 1st castlevania. til this day i STILL haven't beatin it. that damn grim reaper!!

MIKE TYSON PUNCH OUT!! have not beaten it.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Super Mario Land on the Gameboy when I was younger. So difficult it took me seven years to finally complete the thing
    Robocop, again on the Gameboy. Could never make it past level 5
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    wet :( got stuck on some stage and havent picked it up in over a year now
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    not so much about the difficulty.
    more so me being a yank who never cared for soccer but decided to see what the fuss was about...lack of understanding for the sport = really couldnt figure out what meant what in the game

Ok, understood. This sport is religion for us, so you know we on this 24/7. Don't give up. Watch a few games, listen to the commentators and you will have a better understanding. Look for an exciting popular team and try to mimic their play.
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Spiderman & X-Men Arcade's Revenge - this whole game was soo difficult ESPECIALLY the part where u gotta ? juggernaut w/ Wolverine while jumping thru obstacles n ? . after all these years i still havent beaten that game SMH.

Battletoads & Double Dragon

Wolverine Adamantium Rage

Final Fantasy 8 (the first time tho, it later became my favorite game of all time)

Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past (i just beat it for the first time 3 years ago, keep in mind wen i was playin it i was only 9 years old & got 75% thru the game w/ no walkthrough or nothing.... that was back wen u had to guess everything & use common sense and then some SMH)

Ninja Turtles for NES (i think i speak for everyone wen i talk about the underwater bomb detonation ? being near impossible SMH)

Omen 3: Legacy of Kain (great game but the puzzles got to me after a while)

Turok The Dinosaur Hunter 2 (? if yall laugh that ? was hard )

Mario Bros 2

Armored Core 2 Another Age

The Tick (real talk i dont think that game had an ending)

Earthworm Jim for SNES (i d/l the PSN version & good ? they still kept it really difficult)

Double Dragon (w/ only 1 player tho....)

Batman Returns (real talk i could crush that joint now)

Super Turrican (? was incredibly difficult SMH)

Megaman X4,X5 & X6

Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines game

? if anymore come to me ill post them up but all of the games above were games I found extremely difficult... the bolded being the hardest ? ive ever played...

yea that megaman X series was hard as ? . the first 3 SNES games where hard as well. i think i have a compaltion for the ps1 that has X4,5,&6 i could be wrong but i know i have one.
  • satyrone
    edited October 2010
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    yea armored core is that ether... lol.. imma have to download battletoads emulator to see what its about.. i remember playing it befo.. is it like a side scroll final fight type of game?

yea when you get to the hoverbike level which is like 2nd or third level i think, that is as far as you'll get...that section is impossible even with 2 players.
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Definaly ninja gaiden
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Came in to retract my Ninja Gaiden 2 statement and put Demon Souls instead. Started playing this game and I must've died 100x already and I'm just making it to to the 2nd stage with 11hrs in the game - that should show you how much i've been dying

I seen you playing that. Wondered how long it would take you to agree lol
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The most difficult game that I ever beaten was the first Metroid on NES. Mother Brain and the orange cheerios slowed the screen down when they attacked full force, so it made it difficult to aim and shoot the jar with Mother Brain in it. But I did beat it though.

Other hard games that I didn't beat was the first Super Mario Bros. on NES. I didn't realize I was fighting King Koopa, I just thought I was fighting another dragon with an odd fireball that followed me. When I kept dying, I didn't realize that I didn't have that many men left and didn't remember how I got to his lair.

RC Pro Am, did that even have an ending?

And the most disappointing "finish" to a game was Ikari Warriors. I got to the end boss and it was some dude sitting behind a desk. I pelted him with grenades and he blew up...........nothing happened. The the screen started filling with those exploding missiles until they killed me dead. I never knew what happened with that and if that was truly the end. I got that stage of the game plenty times in my life and each time the same result.

Dino Crisis was tough on PSX, but I eventually beat it.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm surprisied no one is agreeing with my Metal Gear mention...0-? /0-Alert is pretty f'in serious....on any of them.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm surprisied no one is agreeing with my Metal Gear mention...0-? /0-Alert is pretty f'in serious....on any of them.

That's in a class by itself........seriously. Not just hard, but you have to be very patient to pull that off
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

I did 0 ? 0 alert on extreme difficulty on MGS4, yea Im proud of myself lol I wish it had a trophy lol,
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok somebody answer this for me..........the game kung-fu for nintendo.........how do you beat the boss whos head pops off and reapears when you kick him? i never beat that dude....i think hes on like stage 3 or 4