Southern niqqas rockin Confederate flags ?

Options

Comments

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Damn...southern ? lost for wearing that ? .

Insightful info posted from h-rap. Didn't know it originated from Egyption word for ? . That's kinda ? up that white people changed it to a derogatory word though. I might have to research and see if this ? is true.

And btw confederate flag= symbol of a country that fought for slavery of black people.

? = word used by whites to describe blacks in it's "er form" that is now modified to mean everyone or "person" and is used as verbal ether as whites feel some type of way that they can't say it.

2 totally different movements, two totally different things. People change words meanings from negative to positive and vice versa all the time, but symbols tend to only change for the worse over time, ie. the ? .
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? Luda............................
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    mattee c wrote: »
    And these same slaveowners (usually French, especially in Louisiana) often had just as many Irish slaves, or "indentured servants" as black ones. Good luck finding any mention of that in your "text books" at "school".

They freed the white slaves centuries ago because they were scared of the black and white slaves hooking up for sex and rebellion.

I learned this in.....school.

You're a ? idiot, ? you, ? that flag, ? the Confederacy and everyone who supported/support it.
  • Swiffness!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    birdcall89 wrote: »
    black_confederates.JPG

my ?

where to begin with the RAMPANT coonery in this thread

Let's start with some Civil War History.

"One of the saddest, and yet telling, aspects of the War, for me personally, is that on the two occasions when Confederate troops headed North, they kidnapped free blacks and sold them into slavery. Ditto for black soldiers who were captured and "lucky" enough not to be killed."

quote from the Texas Declaration of Secession:

"in this free government *all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights* [emphasis in the original]; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states"

quote from the Mississippi Declaration of Secession:

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin."

SO YOU 1 OR 2 DOZEN NEGROES ROCKIN THE DIXIE FLAG IS REPPIN A MOVEMENT THAT WANTED TO KEEP YO BLACK ASS IN THE COTTON FIELD AND SELL YOUR SISTERS TO RAPISTS. I DON'T GIVE A ? WHAT *YOU* THINK IT STANDS FOR. WEARING A ? SHIRT AND SAYING "well, it doesn't mean i support ? " WOULDN'T ? FLY WITH A JEWISH PERSON, WOULD IT? YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS ABOUT A HISTORICAL SYMBOL DON'T CHANGE THE HISTORICAL *FACT* OF THE EVIL THAT SYMBOL REPRESENTED. YOU DUMB ? . YEAH, KEEP ON ROCKIN THAT FLAG AND GIVIN THESE RACIST REDNECKS THAT OL' "well, blacks do it too" EXCUSE. DUMB, STUPID, IGNORANT, NON-HISTORY-READIN ASS MUHFUCKAS. YOU THINK JIM-BOB IS YOUR FRIEND CUZ YA'LL GOT THE SAME BUMPER STICKER? JIM-BOB THINKS YOU LISTEN TO JUNGLE MUSIC, DON'T WANT YOU SMASHIN HIS SISTER, AND BELIEVES OBAMA GOT ELECTED CUZ OF A AFRICAN CONSPIRACY. JIM-BOB HATES YOUR ? GUTS.

"By 1860 there were approximately 4,000,000 slaves in the United States, the second largest slave society--slave population--in the world. The only one larger was Russian serfdom. Brazil was close. But in 1860 American slaves, as a financial asset, were worth approximately three and a half billion dollars--that's just as property. Three and a half billion dollars was the net worth, roughly, of slaves in 1860. In today's dollars that would be approximately seventy-five billion dollars. In 1860 slaves as an asset were worth more than all of America's manufacturing, all of the railroads, all of the productive capacity of the United States put together. Slaves were the single largest, by far, financial asset of property in the entire American economy. The only thing worth more than the slaves in the American economy of the 1850s was the land itself, and no one can really put a dollar value on all of the land of North America."

"The ? of History binds the Confederacy in its own chains."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/04/the-ghost-of-bobby-lee/38813/
  • Swiffness!
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and since cats is repostin for emphasis, Imma c&p that on every additional page for you slow muhfuckas
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    my ?

"One of the saddest, and yet telling, aspects of the War, for me personally, is that on the two occasions when Confederate troops headed North, they kidnapped free blacks and sold them into slavery. Ditto for black soldiers who were captured and "lucky" enough not to be killed."

"in this free government *all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights* [emphasis in the original]; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states"

"Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin."

SO YOU 1 OR 2 DOZEN NEGROES ROCKIN THE DIXIE FLAG IS REPPIN A MOVEMENT THAT WANTED TO KEEP YO BLACK ASS IN THE COTTON FIELD AND SELL YOUR SISTERS TO RAPISTS. I DON'T GIVE A ? WHAT *YOU* THINK IT STANDS FOR. WEARING A ? SHIRT AND SAYING "well, it doesn't mean i support ? " WOULDN'T ? FLY WITH A JEWISH PERSON, WOULD IT? YOUR PERSONAL FEELINGS ABOUT A HISTORICAL SYMBOL DON'T CHANGE THE HISTORICAL *FACT* OF THE EVIL THAT SYMBOL REPRESENTED. YOU DUMB ? . YEAH, KEEP ON ROCKIN THAT FLAG AND GIVIN THESE RACIST REDNECKS THAT OL' "well, blacks do it too" EXCUSE. DUMB, STUPID, IGNORANT, NON-HISTORY-READIN ASS MUHFUCKAS. YOU THINK JIM-BOB IS YOUR FRIEND CUZ YA'LL GOT THE SAME BUMPER STICKER? JIM-BOB THINKS YOU LISTEN TO JUNGLE MUSIC, DON'T WANT YOU SMASHIN HIS SISTER, AND BELIEVES OBAMA GOT ELECTED CUZ OF A AFRICAN CONSPIRACY. JIM-BOB HATES YOUR ? GUTS.

"By 1860 there were approximately 4,000,000 slaves in the United States, the second largest slave society--slave population--in the world. The only one larger was Russian serfdom. Brazil was close. But in 1860 American slaves, as a financial asset, were worth approximately three and a half billion dollars--that's just as property. Three and a half billion dollars was the net worth, roughly, of slaves in 1860. In today's dollars that would be approximately seventy-five billion dollars. In 1860 slaves as an asset were worth more than all of America's manufacturing, all of the railroads, all of the productive capacity of the United States put together. Slaves were the single largest, by far, financial asset of property in the entire American economy. The only thing worth more than the slaves in the American economy of the 1850s was the land itself, and no one can really put a dollar value on all of the land of North America."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/04/the-ghost-of-bobby-lee/38813/

Co-signature with this post.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Before i typed this I went through ALL 14 pages of this thread and i only seen ONE PERSON really write the reason why u see Luda in that flag.

Gee Luda why in the hell would you do a performance wearing the confederate flag knowing that it represented slavery and the racism of our people?????

"The discussions that have been sparked after my performance of "Georgia" at the 2005 VIBE Awards is my exact reason for wearing a depiction of the Confederate Flag. This flag represents the oppression that we as African Americans have endured for years; this is a symbol of segregation and the racism that reigned not only throughout the South but throughout the entire United States. I wore it to represent where we came from, to remind people that Ray Charles' original "Georgia" was written because of that racism. At the end of the performance, I removed and stomped on the flag to reveal my version of the flag; a flag comprised of black, red and green. Those are the colors of Africa. It is a representation and my interpretation of where we were and where we need to go. Racism is just as prevelant now and if we are not constantly mindful of our history and take charge of it; history is destined to repeat itself because of ignorance. In order to move forward, we must never forget where we were.

Ya'll just wasted 14 pages of posting ? and never really looked at the meaning of why u seen bearing the flag. Yall ever heard of the statement "so smart, u stupid??"
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Also I checked those videos out and it doesn't take a genius to see that they depict the as a part of history about where they are from and represent. In other words taking the bad with the good. I SERIOUSLY doubt that these rappers and are the most proud representatives of Georgia that be on the mic would represent the flag like "slavery is great!!!"
  • vishis viza
    vishis viza Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This doesn't make any sense. You honestly think that wearing a symbol used to represent hate is any different from refferring to each other using a variation of a word used to represent the same hate? Come on man, you can't seirously believe that illogical line of thought.

The N word has been used to terrorize and denigrate blacks for longer than that flag has even existed. Not to mention that you can believe that every hate group out there using that flag is also throwing out the N word profusely. Don't lie to yourself. Using the language of hate in an effort to flip the meaning is no different from using a visual symbol of hate. If you disagree with both, that's fine. However, you can't sit here and intelligently try to defend one while criticizing the other.

Bro I feel you, yourself, me and maybe like 1 other dude on here is the only ones who have made an intelligent remark.... its very simple the N Word to ? is NO different then a Black man, trying to "flip the script" on the confederate flag, BOTH were simbles of racism, the word was empowered by blacks, which stripped power from whites, now rather the flag thing will work,should be done or whatever could be debated,its NO different, now think about it,like i said in my post, how can you use MULITPLE raically powered words "nword and ? " in disrespect of your very own black brother,and think your taking a stand? get the ? outta here.... "i don't like the flag, but i like the white mans words, take that confederate flag down ? ! u look stupid "? "... you dumb ? is some dumb ? ... real talk... say homie post no more, just read the comments, read the replys, some clown asked me if i was white, when i obviously said i had the flag up for my state and to flip the script on the white man, that right there let me knew i was in the wrong place, dealin with a str8 ? idiot... good post though... we may be the minority, but theres a few smart "? " here... sir... lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Read and learn something.

Dude,
    wait this will be awesome!

I dont give a care about some peckerwoods interpretation, Im sharing with you our own science and our own definitions.

Many whites and some negros enjoy playing semantics or deflecting/diverting conscious building with faulty logic, psude-science, and emotion.

If I call my brother a Naga which I often do, (even when typing) their is a depper meaning to it and it is all inclusive to our family.
    If my brother is sporting a Confederate flag their is no inclusiveness because the symbol is shared by Neo-Nazis and Klansmen.

Dude cut it out unless you can tell me the etymological root of the word "Dude" and why you use it towards other people.

Come on man, you must have been hanging around its over 2012 lately because your arguments are becoming more and more ridiculous. You know good and well that the word "? " as use in the US has nothing to do with Naga. If that's what's in your mind when you use it, that's fine, but you're probably the only one in the country and I doubt your usage of the word ? even have roots in that. Just be honest with yourself. ? is a slang variation of the N word. The N word as it has been used in America and the Western world in general has always been used to attack blacks. That's fact. All this looking up African words that are spelled similarly and trying to create some imaginary tie between them and "? " is nonsense.

The only person playing semantics here is you, and you're playing imaginary semantics. What I am saying is factual whether you like it or not. The N word represents hate towards blacks just as much as the confederate flag, maybe even moreso. Whites can actually make the argument that they support that flag for historical reasons not hate. It might not be a good argument but it can be made. There is no argument that whites can make to support usage of the N word. "? " is more acceptable among blacks now but that's only because of decades of usage in an effort to take away it's power. The whole "rocking the confederate flag" fad was an attempt to do the same thing to it.

I'm not saying anyone has to like the fad. I'm from the South. I think it's stupid. You'll never catch me wearing that ? . At the same time, it's stupid for a topic to be made condemning people for promoting one symbol of hate while using a variation of another symbol of hate in the very title of the thread. If you can't see the silliness of that I don't know what to tell you. If you really have a problem with people doing what they do with the confederate flag, you should be in here speaking out against the word "? " too. That would be true building. However, trying to excuse one bad practice because you and your friends do it but attack another one isn't building. At least, not building in a positive manner that will help. It's only hypocrisy.
  • vishis viza
    vishis viza Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Come on man, you must have been hanging around its over 2012 lately because your arguments are becoming more and more ridiculous. You know good and well that the word "? " as use in the US has nothing to do with Naga. If that's what's in your mind when you use it, that's fine, but you're probably the only one in the country and I doubt your usage of the word ? even have roots in that. Just be honest with yourself. ? is a slang variation of the N word. The N word as it has been used in America and the Western world in general has always been used to attack blacks. That's fact. All this looking up African words that are spelled similarly and trying to create some imaginary tie between them and "? " is nonsense.

The only person playing semantics here is you, and you're playing imaginary semantics. What I am saying is factual whether you like it or not. The N word represents hate towards blacks just as much as the confederate flag, maybe even moreso. Whites can actually make the argument that they support that flag for historical reasons not hate. It might not be a good argument but it can be made. There is no argument that whites can make to support usage of the N word. "? " is more acceptable among blacks now but that's only because of decades of usage in an effort to take away it's power. The whole "rocking the confederate flag" fad was an attempt to do the same thing to it.

I'm not saying anyone has to like the fad. I'm from the South. I think it's stupid. You'll never catch me wearing that ? . At the same time, it's stupid for a topic to be made condemning people for promoting one symbol of hate while using a variation of another symbol of hate in the very title of the thread. If you can't see the silliness of that I don't know what to tell you. If you really have a problem with people doing what they do with the confederate flag, you should be in here speaking out against the word "? " too. That would be true building. However, trying to excuse one bad practice because you and your friends do it but attack another one isn't building. At least, not building in a positive manner that will help. It's only hypocrisy.

CO-SIGN 1 MILLION%..... common sense my ppl..
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Co-signature with this post.

Make it two...
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    my ?

You just made a shutdown post.

The silly little gimmick of wearing the flag didnt even last or become a movement, which shows in retrospect how asinine of an idea it was.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Ngosi: blessing ( Ibo , Nigeria )

Actually, a "z" is commonly used instead of "s"... but its all good for the 'ledge dropped

And that's my Mom's name :D
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    i think nothing of it. if they wanna show that they can overcome the past of the region they're from, then do whatever you want to show that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You just made a shutdown post.

The silly little gimmick of wearing the flag didnt even last or become a movement, which shows in retrospect how asinine of an idea it was.

Well, I agree with you here for the most part. However, that post was not a shutdown post. I will point out that our elders said the exact same thing about the use of the word "? ." And ya'll keep throwing out how Jews don't' walk around with the ? on. You're right, but when is the last time you heard one Jew greet another one like "What's up, my ? ?" You haven't. It doesn't happen. So once again, the two things are no different. You can't accept one and then hate on what some attempted to do with the other.

I agree with you it was stupid. I agree that it was a complete failure. However, as I've said before, I'm not going to sit here and let a bunch of people, who use the word "? " like it was the only word in the dictionary, criticize others for trying to accomplish the same thing with another symbol. Actually, I take that back, ya'll can criticize as much as you want. I just think it's stupid to look down on them or act like they are stupid even though there is some basis for what they were attempting. You think it was a pointless endeavor, that's cool. You think that doing it represented more negativity than possible positivity that could be gained should it be successful. That's cool too. However, it's out of line for acting like they are backwards ass ? for making moves to try and take power away from racists and their symbols. Let's be real. It's not that bad of an idea when you think about it. There is nothing that those racist rednecks hate more, than when black people take something they feel is theirs and make it ours. Just check this prank and see how crazy this guy goes over the idea of Nascar reaching out to black people.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    This is a loss in just about every way. Its kinda funny to me
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Actually, a "z" is commonly used instead of "s"... but its all good for the 'ledge dropped

And that's my Mom's name :D

Good looks on that info family. Much respect to your Moms.

Even when they rally behind wearing confederate-flags and ? -hoods we can still find time to build
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its the same as wearing an american flag or a cross.
  • BFP1986
    BFP1986 Members Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So I have been reading this post off and on all morning and it is really interesting to see who is down for this and who isnt. I think the best analogy for me was "would a jew wear a ? ?" It is so strange, I am a spanish jew, as in my family is from spain, but i was born in america and no, im not a practicing jew, its an ethnicity....but even I hate that damn flag...it stands for some of the worst ? our country has ever been through but just like the n-word, I think we should NOT let anyone forget what that meant to so many for so long in our country...it is truly disgusting...i cant stand the rednecks around florida that wear that lame ? and I was just thinkin the other morning about the first southern rap that came out, i was in 8th grade when bia bia came out and even then, i had no idea what lil john was thinking...i just dont get it
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Powerful post
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Good looks on that info family. Much respect to your Moms.

Even when they rally behind wearing confederate-flags and ? -hoods we can still find time to build

ya president is BLACK shut up & b happy ? !
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    When will people realize taht Hip Hop was built on the ability to redefine and reinvent?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Kanye design some line with the confederate flag used on it?