Why are the vast majority of all hip-hop haters centralized on the east coast??????

Options
skpjr78
skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
As a hip hop veteran I have always been perprexled by the hate that the east coast has thrown at every other region in hip hop. The south has always been down with the west, the west has always been down with the mid west, and the mid west has always been down with the south. But while everyone else was doing their thing and showing love nationwide the east coast managed to hate on all of these regions at one point or another. Anyone who knows and studies the history of hip hop can't argue the fact that the east coast is the home of the haters. My question is why? From hating on NWA in the '80s, to hating on the Outkast in the 90's, to hating on Nelly in the 2000's the east coast has made a cottage industry out of hating on every new sound, style, culture, etc. So east coast why are you so damn mad and wassup with the hate ?????

Comments

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    from the east....now lets gets this straight nwa, death row tupac etc all got love back east.....not everyone is going to like they ? but them cats got love...if u listen to some eastcoast ? in the mid 90's west cost slang pops up so if this cats wont getting love how did this happen....outkast really didnt get love until the second album....nelly was all over hot 97 so somebody was liking that ? same with the south.....not everybody gonna like it homie it aint hating if you just dont like something......
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its mostly just NY. Dont blame the whole East Coast for New Yorkers arrogance and undeserved sense of entitlement.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its mostly just NY. Dont blame the whole East Coast for New Yorkers arrogance and undeserved sense of entitlement.

There's truth mixed in with this batch of ether.................
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    maybe its the wheather ...them ? seem to stay angry about something..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

this post is 150% truth...
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    according to who
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    they act like they cant stand to see somebody do wat they do except better...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Because ? is ? up what they created
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its NY. Culturally they're just like that up there. Downsouth you will get a wats up or how you doing from random strangers in the street because we have more common courtesy than they do. They just born haters for the most part.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    New York hasnt had an original idea since The Hard Knock Life Tour.

They kicked Boom Bap to the curb and went out state to get a bouncier sound. Started flaggin. Started copying rock and roll's dress code. And started jacking southern slang. 50 even had a southern drawl.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    because they fee they OWN hip hop...

so when someone does it better than them it hurts them deep down and then they start talking sideways about so and so cant rap, or this aint real hip hop etc

they did it to the west

they did it to the south

they are still doing it

hate is in the blood
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Because ? is ? up what they created

^^^^

east coast acts protective of rap for this reason. even if it turns to hate, thats where it stems from.

and you can't say there wasn't a ton of garbage on the radio when the south was on top.

but now J.Cole and Jay Electronica are up next.... and the east loves them. because they have substance
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    New York hasnt had an original idea since The Hard Knock Life Tour.

They kicked Boom Bap to the curb and went out state to get a bouncier sound. Started flaggin. Started copying rock and roll's dress code. And started jacking southern slang. 50 even had a southern drawl.

nonsense .
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I found it funny that cats from the Eastcoast almost NEVER start threads like these. It's always ? tryna bait some type of region war, and they don't even be from NY or anywhere East. It's like yall ? enjoy poking a sleeping bear then going "You see? Look at him, all angry n ? ".

It's just funny to me.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    you just gotta watch the funk flex video and see the hate in his blood for pac....

these eastcoast ? are always upset about something

? be booing south rappers off stage and ? .. like come on son....

not everyone wants to rap over a boom bap beat and be on new york ?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    I found it funny that cats from the Eastcoast almost NEVER start threads like these. It's always ? tryna bait some type of region war, and they don't even be from NY or anywhere East. It's like yall ? enjoy poking a sleeping bear then going "You see? Look at him, all angry n ? ".

It's just funny to me.

of course bruh...
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    We show these 2 more love than the south but we're the haters? smh....

funny cuz those two sound like NY rappers...

cant have a ? sounding toooo southern can we? or westcoasty?
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    ^^^^

east coast acts protective of rap for this reason. even if it turns to hate, thats where it stems from.

and you can't say there wasn't a ton of garbage on the radio when the south was on top.

but now J.Cole and Jay Electronica are up next.... and the east loves them. because they have substance

How they protective when they're part of the problem. 50, Jay, and Diddly are the most powerful eatcoast rappers today yet they barely give anything back to NY. They all too busy dickriding who's ever hot in the game at the moment. Y'all just some ? man. If a song blows up in an ATL club and ? down south like it, up north cats will hate on it even though the song wasn't even made for them to rock to. Its like why wont yall let us do us and y'all do y'all? It ain't our fault nobody up north wanna listen to that ? that's coming from up there. If somebody getting shine best believe a NYer will be there to hate on him.
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    niggs booed guccie and wacka off stage

guccie and wacka puttin food over on the eastcoat and yall booing them?

wacka puttin in work over in queens more than nas
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    lol yall dudes acting like u like everything that you hear lol cut that out........bottom line a lot of that bs dont fly yo say some ? creative and you mite get love.....are cats all holding hands singing we are the world where yall from, doubt it just cuz people voice they opinion dont mean they hating....lol i know yall dudes wont listen to cannibus but does that mean yall hating?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    \ If a song blows up in an ATL club and ? down south like it, up north cats will hate on it even though the song wasn't even made for them to rock to. \

then fast forward 2 months and dey on da same ? !!
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Show me all this hate the Eastcoast rappers been throwing around in the past 5 years, Show me any threads where Eastcoast posters are ? on the game in the last 10 pages of this forum.

If yall can't do that, then the real problem stems from yall. Insecure in your OWN regions music so yall lash out.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    because they fee they OWN hip hop...

so when someone does it better than them it hurts them deep down and then they start talking sideways about so and so cant rap, or this aint real hip hop etc

they did it to the west

they did it to the south

they are still doing it

hate is in the blood
    lol a lot of truth in this... seems like they be feeling like if it doesn't sound like them, done the way they've always done it, they won't accept it and start bashing it...? get tired of ? staying the same and hearing the same ? ...WE KNOW IT WAS STARTED IN NY!! lol now survive on something else cuz the ? gets old
This discussion has been closed.