Why are the vast majority of all hip-hop haters centralized on the east coast??????

Options

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Bun B gets love... So does Scarface.... so does Outkast.... we like yall TALENTED rappers *shrugs*...... And dont matter who they sound like they Rep the south on a constant basis

? there was a time when face cudnt even get played in ur wack ass eastcoat

man ? face been putting down since forever, took ? like pac to talk about him on radio stations, collab with him and tell ? "thats hip hop, my minds playing tricks is hip hop" while new yorkers were bumpin some techno dance music

yall showing bun b luv cuz he collabed with hov, come on son
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Its a rough place where everybody is tryin to hustle u out of something.... Haters? Naw u just have to go above and beyond to impress us.... Ride the Subway for one day and u done seen and heard it all... So ? u and ur mediocre lyrics will not get love out here....

Who wants to impress you though?? We enjoy our music down here just fine without a cosign from you ? up north. That's the thing you ? got this superiority complex like anyone gives a damn what y'all think. We just laughing at y'all because you think you're hot and ur not. Besides Nas and Jay I don't even pay y'all music any attention anymore.
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    50, Jay, and Diddly are the most powerful eatcoast rappers today yet they barely give anything back to NY.

I hate when ? just spew out nonsense like this and keep it moving. What do you mean by giving back? And how have they not done that? Do you know the work/money that Jay and 50 put in the inner cities or at least thier hood? I mean really...Yall ? is comin off more salty than yall "claim" every East Coast ? yall never even met to be.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who wants to impress you though?? . That's the thing you ? got this superiority complex like anyone gives a damn what y'all think. We just laughing at y'all because you think you're hot and ur not.

. .
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    all the eastcoast has got is to old ass rappers jay and nas

eastcoast been irrelevant since forever, thats why they boo south rappers off the stage

we know where hip hop was birthed, thats col, but ur music scene is trash my ? , up ur game, this aint the 90's no more, u cant rely on old ? to hold u down forever

the westcoat got better young rappers than yall

the south got better young rappers than yall
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    nonsense .

which part?

the part about top tier artists from NY forgetting all those classic Premo made until just recently when Kanye decided to show love?

or the part about flaggin and rock and roll: Dipset??

or the part about bouncier beats? Neptunes, Timbaland (VA producers)?
  • illogics
    edited November 2010
    Options
    We so irrelevant that yall mention us without being provoked. Shoutout to that "Rick Ross is better than every rapper from New York" Thread on the first page tho.

.....yall ? are hilarious.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    check ur facts NWA said that they used to get boo'd in New York right after SOC dropped during shows and whatnot.

the thing with NY is that they have this complex where they think they're the greatest and always put a extra 10 on their own ? .

"yooo son that ? maaaaaaaad corny son word is bond sons a cornball YO" that's what u hear everyday from them and then when u look at who its coming from its liike "? r u serious?"

yo i just said not everyone is going to like the ? ...just the same as now at certain venues gucci,waka, juicemane hell even webstar and ron browse will get booed out the building but then they could go to a spot a couple blocks up and get love
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Duh and without Jay-Z we still wouldnt know who Bun B was.... U Mad?

yall wudnt even no who scarface was if pac and jay never collab with him

eastcoast always late on ? , thats why they hate
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »
    We so irrelevant that yall mention us without being provoked. Shoutout to that "Rick Ross is better than every rapper from New York" Thread on the first page tho.

.....yall ? are hilarious.

? u gon really bring up a shady team thread..
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Old and irrelevent but Everyday on this Forum arleast 2 threads is made about Both.... ? yall mad cuz all yall got is One Hit wonders in 2010.....

i aint saying nas and jay are irrelevant, i'm saying ur music scene is basically dried up
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? yall mad cuz all yall got is One Hit wonders in 2010.....

yall dont??
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Simple answer
    New York is the mecca of hip-hop
    So, having birthed the genre, they tend to hate on the ? that has come out of other regions of the country
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    How they protective when they're part of the problem. 50, Jay, and Diddly are the most powerful eatcoast rappers today yet they barely give anything back to NY. They all too busy dickriding who's ever hot in the game at the moment. Y'all just some ? man. If a song blows up in an ATL club and ? down south like it, up north cats will hate on it even though the song wasn't even made for them to rock to. Its like why wont yall let us do us and y'all do y'all? It ain't our fault nobody up north wanna listen to that ? that's coming from up there. If somebody getting shine best believe a NYer will be there to hate on him.

Jay Z signing Jay Electronica shows that he's lookin to promote good rap regardless of where it comes from. and Diddy wanted to sign him too. I agree that they should do more to promote good rap from the east though. 50 is not doing anything positive in hip hop right now.

Show me all this hate the Eastcoast rappers been throwing around in the past 5 years, Show me any threads where Eastcoast posters are ? on the game in the last 10 pages of this forum.

If yall can't do that, then the real problem stems from yall. Insecure in your OWN regions music so yall lash out.

there is truth to this. I honestly see more people complaining about eastcoast hating then I see eastcoast hating. like theyre overly defensive, or insecure as you say
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    LOL i think they mad cuz they falling off..... Now they gonna say its because we are mad at them..... Ol' I'ma go sell brownies with my Grandmother at church this weekend ass ? .... get some sidewalks first....

cars>>>subways...
  • illogics
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Does anyone really think that in 2010 any ONE region has a stranglehold on the mainstream? Because if you do, a re-evaluation is in order.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Uhh No according to yall we have nobody.....

so we win :-)
  • StillDreaming
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So why are yall cryin when we diss yall? "Boo Hoo them NYer's are mad and always talking about our wack rappers".... ? untuck ya ? and keep it moving... ? aint all Church Picnicks and honking ur horn at strangers up here.....

Ain't nobody crying. Y'all the ones crying every 5 mins talking bout real hip-hop this and real hip-hop that. If you'd take a second to look in ur own backyard you'd realize that the eastcoast is the one lagging behind on dope music. Alotta great albums came out this year, hardly any of them were from a NY artist. Y'all ? losing look like you could use us......
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    You all can say what you want but NYC is the Mecca of Hip Hop. We are the Africa of Hip Hop, it's birthplace. It comes from here, it's bloodline begins here. Yes it expanded all over the country and eventually the world, but NYC will forever be hip Hop's birthplace. Now yes in NYC we are very critical of other Hip Hop regions. That's no secret, but for the most part, if it's hot, NYC will embraced it. New Yorkers like N.W.A. and Dr. Dre and Snoop. As for the South, New Yorkers just felt there weren't many lyricist down there with the exception of Face and Kast.

So NY was very critical of the south, espeically in the last 5 years when the South took over mostly. But again, I'm not saying it's right for NYC to be overly critrical, but again it's the birthplace. NY has some say in the overall aspect of Hip Hop in the world and NY"s opinion is important. NYC has produced the greatest rappers ever for 1 region. The Top 10 NYC Rappers are mostly likely ranked higher than the top 10, Midwest, South or Westcoast Rappers. Why? cause again it's the birthplace. I got love for all regions and I'm an Eastcoast fan born and raised. To me, music is music and if it's a hot album, no matter what region it's from, I will bump it. But don't be upset cause NY is going to have high standards when it comes to Hip Hop cause they birthed it.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Does anyone really think that in 2010 any ONE region has a stranglehold on the mainstream? Because if you do, a re-evaluation is in order.

cosign. the days of one region dominating hip hop are over
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Basically, Southern ? still angry at Nas and the fact that no down south rapper possessed enough talent to dispute it on wax? Got it...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited November 2010
    Options
    NY>>>> Whole south region according to Tourism.....

cuz ? love touring in the cold right...
  • illogics
    edited November 2010
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    there is truth to this. I honestly see more people complaining about eastcoast hating then I see eastcoast hating. like theyre overly defensive, or insecure as you say
    Exactly, no matter what way they try to twist it, this is how it is. If you were to ask them what events sparked this discussion, I bet money you won't get that answer. Because there isn't one.
  • thesynthesis
    edited November 2010
    Options
    these eastcoast ? quick to cry out how they birthed hip hop and how everyone else cant rhyme, then they wanna gang bang on some westcoast ? ,

? are backwards and lame

even ur young artists dont wanna sound new yorky,
  • StillDreaming
    edited November 2010
    Options
    NY>>>> Whole south region according to Tourism.....

Fresh air and plant life>>>>Smog and pissy subways
This discussion has been closed.