Why are the vast majority of all hip-hop haters centralized on the east coast??????

Options

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    willie d said it best. "It's some trash in the south but I promise you. East to west some of yall garbage to". I totally agree. the ying yang twins are the biggest embarrasments to ever come out of ATL. those dudes are a disgrace. mike jones is the worse rapper ever. real ? wont deny that. my problem is how east coast ? think everybody is wack except east ? . seriously dude mase is the east coast clone of mc hammer. i love his clothes but puffy is a disgrace to black music. i dont understand how camron has fans or how the dip set got a deal. paposse, mims, and that pop champange ? are wack as ? . not to mention all of these east coats haters who talk down on south/west ? but are the first ? trying to do a remix when they ? blows!!!!! its wack ? everywhere. and a huge percentage are on the east coast and if you look at it historically the majority of wack ? have been from the east. ? like kwame, tim dawg, and nearly every1 who was on bad boy after big died. basically what im saying is that yall ? need to clean the wack ? out of closet before you worry about anyone else's

i co sign ur point but mase and dipset is nice b...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    damn....sun created a monster with this one......but yo stop crying if ? dont like ? that you like im sittin here watchn an old killarmy video and i kno since yall dudes cant dance to it yall wont like it but who cares lol
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    yall dudes cant dance to it yall wont like it but who cares

. .
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    willie d said it best. "It's some trash in the south but I promise you. East to west some of yall garbage to". I totally agree. the ying yang twins are the biggest embarrasments to ever come out of ATL. those dudes are a disgrace. mike jones is the worse rapper ever. real ? wont deny that. my problem is how east coast ? think everybody is wack except east ? . seriously dude mase is the east coast clone of mc hammer. i like his clothes and respect his business moves but puffy is a disgrace to black music. i dont understand how camron has fans or how the dip set got a deal. paposse, mims, and that pop champange ? are wack as ? . not to mention all of these east coats haters who talk down on south/west ? but are the first ? trying to do a remix when that ? blows!!!!! its wack ? everywhere. and a huge percentage are on the east coast and if you look at it historically the majority of wack ? have been from the east. ? like kwame, tim dawg, and nearly every1 who was on bad boy after big died. basically what im saying is that yall ? need to clean the wack ? out of ur closet before you worry about anyone else's
    i co sign ur point but mase and dipset is nice b...

i appreciate the c/s but there is nothing nice about mase. that ? was commercial and corny as ? . imo that whole bad boy/rocafella, jiggy, shinny suits, pop champagne era is when hip hop died. ? like mase, ? -z, and puff killed what public enemy, nwa, and ugk built. i never understood how mase got a pass but hammer didnt? whats the difference???? i have mike jones and camron listed #1 and 2 on my woat list. just my opinon but cam has a 2nd grade flow and he is the fakest gangsta since "murder" mase. the difference is as wack as those ? are i would be the first 2 tell u that ying yang, mike jones, and these other soiuth ? are just as wack. im not gonna give a known wack ? love b/c he's from atl or the south. east coast ? do that ? . wack ? are wack ? and mase and camron are some of the wackest ever.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    ? is ? , they're just mad
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2010
    Options
    His Buzz was not as Big in LA as it was IN New york But he still had a Buzz in LA which is more then Most westcoast artists of the same caliber could say about their own Buzz in NY. Kats Like Mac Mall, Spice 1, WC, Mack 10 and Coolio were Huge out west how Big did they get over their? how Many times did you hear anyonf them on the radio(Maybe Coolio cause of gangstas paradise) the ? does not seem to run Both ways with NYC and the rest of the nation. Also you never answered where else you lived to speak on the contrasting differences and consistancies from place to place...

there are artist that dont get spins on east coast radio that gets spins on the west coast and vice versa it doesn't mean there is hate for those cats , and why are you asking me where i lived?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Ol cry baby ass ? "they dont like my favorite artist so there all haters" GTFOH!

that seems to be the root of things yo....i just dont get it so this is how it works? ......I dont kno said rapper but i listen to their music eastcoast ? dont like the rapper that I like so they're haters and I must lash out at them in honor of the rapper that I like....wtf
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Boo hoo for what. You don't own anything so what gives u bragging rights. My 401k is worth more than you. Like I said y'all superiority complex is ur downfall. We just laughing at you down here.

"Collecting welfare checks" is not a profession and certainly does not entail a 401k. FOH with your "20 million 401k"
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who wants to impress you though?? We enjoy our music down here just fine without a cosign from you ? up north. That's the thing you ? got this superiority complex like anyone gives a damn what y'all think. We just laughing at y'all because you think you're hot and ur not. Besides Nas and Jay I don't even pay y'all music any attention anymore.

damn
    you said some ? i wasn't even thinkin
    who, indeed, is tryna impress yall?
    its 1 thing to not like something
    but some of you ? equate the laffy taffy with the whole southern region
    if a southern ? such as myself can admit that a lotta garbage came from here
    why can't a northerner admit that nobody put a ? gun to they head and made them listen to that garbage?
    ? always complainin about mainstream and the radio
    but in the same breath will say i don't ? mainstream or the radio
    so why you complainin?
    cuz you a ? hater
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    As a hip hop veteran I have always been perprexled by the hate that the east coast has thrown at every other region in hip hop. The south has always been down with the west, the west has always been down with the mid west, and the mid west has always been down with the south. But while everyone else was doing their thing and showing love nationwide the east coast managed to hate on all of these regions at one point or another. Anyone who knows and studies the history of hip hop can't argue the fact that the east coast is the home of the haters. My question is why? From hating on NWA in the '80s, to hating on the Outkast in the 90's, to hating on Nelly in the 2000's the east coast has made a cottage industry out of hating on every new sound, style, culture, etc. So east coast why are you so damn mad and wassup with the hate ?????

Because y'all allow wack people to shine. You guys stay ruining the perception of Hip-Hop with your coonish tactics...

Soulja Boy
    Master P
    Baby
    Gucci
    Young Joc
    Waka
    Nelly
    Chingy
    Young Dro
    Project Pat
    Lil Jon
    D4L
    UNK
    Ying Yang Twins
    Silk Shocker
    Mike Jones
    Slim Thug
    etc.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    So what are you saying then that all of them are Hateful to those outside their Circle? I Disagree I beleive it has been proven by actions that only a large part of those in the scene are hateful to those out side the the NY scene and a Handfull embrace and show Love to other places...

Catching Feelings Like a typical Culturally Ignorant New Yorker, I am Creole, Black, White and Native American right now I am Eating Gumbo Red beans and Rice as My Grandma is in Town and Cooking. WIll Go to A Salmon Smoke on the reservation next week with my cousins. The melting ? Title of NYC is a lie as you kats are the most divided and divisive in the nation. The south is more of Melting ? the west is definitely more of a melting potMost of NYC hates everyone else in the nation and then yall hate everybody in different Burroughs then Hate within the Burroughs those of different cultures...

Considering your pedigree and travels I would tend to lend more crediblity to your opinion than others who I doubt have ever left their own state or region to make a valid opinion based on firsthand knowledge.

As far as the industry is concerned I dont see the hate, I see T-Pain and Maino crafting a platinum single with "All the above", I see Ricky Rozay and Styles P. crafting the street-single of the year.

I see Nicky Minaj & LiL Wayne the husband & wife of Young Money, Swizz beats & Gucci Mane, Diddy & Wacka..I honestly dont see any hate between East & South.

Negroes typically hate themselves because they have been conditioned to do so which would make it easier for them to hate others irregardless of region.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    by that logic if you dont get spins on nyc radio=hate.

so by that same logic westcoast radio hated jadakiss because he hardly got played on the west.
    No My Grandrather Lived In harlem for about 10 years after Leaving New Orleans Before Moving out West. I have Quite a few Cousins who have moved back and FOrth between NYC and Seattle One Worked as a Nanny out there for 6 years. I have Lived In Raleigh, Cleveland, Salt lake LA And Seattle I have stayed for Periods in Atlanta Philly Miami Las Vegas Tampa Chicago Oakland Portland and Boston. Every place I have lived I have Known those from NYC I form My Position and Knowledge based from My Experiences with its Native Residents and My families Experiences there...
    Who Lied to you about that? 1st Time I heard Kiss was on the Radio In LA and he got plenty of spins. Where have you lived out side of NY area? I speak on having lived or stayed in every corner and region in the country what about you???
    i never heard anyone say ? that dude because he's from ________ . i did remember skee lo getting hated on and tag team getting hate and quad city dj's getting hate and that was because they were garbage.

based on what kiss said on a song from 2004, he said why his buzz wasn't as big in cali as it is in new york
    His Buzz was not as Big in LA as it was IN New york But he still had a Buzz in LA which is more then Most westcoast artists of the same caliber could say about their own Buzz in NY. Kats Like Mac Mall, Spice 1, WC, Mack 10 and Coolio were Huge out west how Big did they get over their? how Many times did you hear anyonf them on the radio(Maybe Coolio cause of gangstas paradise) the ? does not seem to run Both ways with NYC and the rest of the nation. Also you never answered where else you lived to speak on the contrasting differences and consistancies from place to place...
    there are artist that dont get spins on east coast radio that gets spins on the west coast and vice versa it doesn't mean there is hate for those cats , and why are you asking me where i lived?

I know your not illiterate as the answer to your Question is in the original question and statements made. Your fear of reality and answering straight to the point ? is Laughable and sad. Now you can give context adn relevance to your position by a honest answer or you may further cemeent why your biases are as they are. Back to the artists I named you avoided that question also as the artist were not only huge here on the westcoast but they also had National Play through the Box and even Mtv in the 90's so answer how many did hyou hear on the radio out there...
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Because y'all allow wack people to shine. You guys stay ruining the perception of Hip-Hop with your coonish tactics...

Soulja Boy
    Master P
    Baby
    Gucci
    Young Joc
    Waka
    Nelly
    Chingy

Young Dro
    Project Pat
    Lil Jon
    D4L
    UNK
    Ying Yang Twins
    Silk Shocker
    etc.

st. louis isn't the south
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    st. louis isn't the south

The post wasn't aimed at only the south....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The post wasn't aimed at only the south....

alright i gotcha
  • BackInWhite
    edited November 2010
    Options
    to be perfectly honest tho
    i just think it comes down to a matter of taste
    i really don't know many jay-z fans
    nas fans
    joe budden fans
    a ? down here will say yo gotti>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>beanie sigel anyday
    they don't like our ?
    we don't, for the most part, like they ?
    my problem ain't with a region or city or state
    its with elitists that think every ? that comes out should sound like talib kweli or some ?
    like every beat should be on some boom bap ?
    all ? should be on some "analytical political critical visuals in the spiritual mental state of mind with my physical testicles" or some ?
    them the real hatin ass ?
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Soulja Boy
    Master P
    Baby
    Gucci
    Young Joc
    Waka
    Nelly
    Chingy
    Young Dro
    Project Pat
    Lil Jon
    D4L
    UNK
    Ying Yang Twins
    Silk Shocker
    Mike Jones
    Slim Thug
    etc.

Nelly is St. Louis, which in turn is Midwest. So we take credit for that BUT THE CULTURE IN THE LOU IS STRAIGHT BAMA WHICH WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH. I'M OF BLACK BAMA STOCK MYSELF. I enjoyed his first two solo albums and first group effort but I can understand why he's not critically acclaimed by Hip Hop Culture as a whole. Nelly is a Rap/Country/Blues/Pop hybrid.
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I know your not illiterate as the answer to your Question is in the original question and statements made. Your fear of reality and answering straight to the point ? is Laughable and sad. Now you can give context adn relevance to your position by a honest answer or you may further cemeent why your biases are as they are. Back to the artists I named you avoided that question also as the artist were not only huge here on the westcoast but they also had National Play through the Box and even Mtv in the 90's so answer how many did hyou hear on the radio out there...

and why is where i lived matters, when i never claimed i knew what was going on anywhere else except in my own backyard.

and when i mentioned jadakiss i said that was what jada himself said, which then led you to ask me where i lived.

i remember bone thugs getting spins in ny for 1st of tha month and crossroads but ny radio barely played any bone records unless biggie was featured on it. it doesnt mean ny hated bone. whenever bone does a show in ny they get mad love, when bone came to summer jam in 07 the crowd went crazy.

so if you still not getting my point i dont know what else to tell you.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited November 2010
    Options
    to be perfectly honest tho
    i just think it comes down to a matter of taste
    i really don't know many jay-z fans
    nas fans
    joe budden fans
    a ? down here will say yo gotti>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>beanie sigel anyday
    they don't like our ?
    we don't, for the most part, like they ?
    my problem ain't with a region or city or state
    its with elitists that think every ? that comes out should sound like talib kweli or some ?
    like every beat should be on some boom bap ?
    all ? should be on some "analytical political critical visuals in the spiritual mental state of mind with my physical testicles" or some ?
    them the real hatin ass ?

c/s, i live in atlanta, niggs don't care about the new york artist down here, i mean jay-z sold out phillips arena, he's like the only one. they listen gucci, flacka, yo gotti ? like that
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited November 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Considering your pedigree and travels I would tend to lend more crediblity to your opinion than others who I doubt have ever left their own state or region to make a valid opinion based on firsthand knowledge.

As far as the industry is concerned I dont see the hate, I see T-Pain and Maino crafting a platinum single with "All the above", I see Ricky Rozay and Styles P. crafting the street-single of the year.

I see Nicky Minaj & LiL Wayne the husband & wife of Young Money, Swizz beats & Gucci Mane, Diddy & Wacka..I honestly dont see any hate between East & South.

Negroes typically hate themselves because they have been conditioned to do so which would make it easier for them to hate others irregardless of region.

While I agree with you in part I must say that the majority of Outright haters reside on the East(50cent and Company is a prime example) and only a Handfull of the NYC scene(not just talking about the rappers look at the Dj's and hell the fans on this site)embraces the rest of us nationwide...
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options
    The fact still remains that those that are considered wack NY rappers such as Maino, Mase, and Mims are as good as most average Southern artists. And this is coming from someone who lives in Miami, our music here is absolute trash. Most of our big names (Rick Ross, Ace Hood, Iceberg, Flo-Rida) are terrible at worst or average/slightly below at best (Rick Ross).

Apart from Outkast who from the South is ? with rappers like Redman, Raekwon, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Big L, Big Pun? If Fat Joe was from the South he'd be in the top tier of Southern lyricists and thats true ? .
  • 5th Letter
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Who wants to impress you though?? We enjoy our music down here just fine without a cosign from you ? up north. That's the thing you ? got this superiority complex like anyone gives a damn what y'all think. We just laughing at y'all because you think you're hot and ur not. Besides Nas and Jay I don't even pay y'all music any attention anymore.

yet its always the southern cats crying about east coast 'hate'
  • BackInWhite
    edited November 2010
    Options
    c/s, i live in atlanta, niggs don't care about the new york artist down here, i mean jay-z sold out phillips arena, he's like the only one. they listen gucci, flacka, yo gotti ? like that

exactly
    we ain't thinkin about them
    and i'm sure they not thinkin about us
    its just that the word hate gets thrown around so much
    like i call "Jamacia" a south hater every chance i get
    but he probably just don't like that ?
    doesn't make the ? a hater
    now if he was on some, "the south don't deserve they little shine, i wish lil wayne's gold teeth would fall out" type ?
    that's hate
    nowadays a differing opinion is hate
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited November 2010
    Options
    and why is where i lived matters, when i never claimed i knew what was going on anywhere else except in my own backyard.

and when i mentioned jadakiss i said that was what jada himself said, which then led you to ask me where i lived.

i remember bone thugs getting spins in ny for 1st of tha month and crossroads but ny radio barely played any bone records unless biggie was featured on it. it doesnt mean ny hated bone. whenever bone does a show in ny they get mad love, when bone came to summer jam in 07 the crowd went crazy.

so if you still not getting my point i dont know what else to tell you.

So you have resided in tristate area the majority of your life then Correct? I ask for scope for all when it comes to what you have to say on matters of hipHop in and out of it...
  • BackInWhite
    edited November 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    But this is what i dont get tho... If u consider waack artist wack artist no matter where they are from Maino, Red Cafe etc.... But the south has a rough time calling their own wack.... And when u do then there's a problem.....

cuz down here a lotta ? like artists that would be wack to yall
    i'm a gucci mane fan
    i understand
This discussion has been closed.