Does Pitbull's ENORMOUS Success Surprise Anyone Else

Options
adthatsme312
adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
edited January 2010 in The Reason
"In 2009, Pitbull had over 120 million Youtube views.

If you were to combine the respective views of Jay, Kanye, Rihanna, KiD CuDi and even Drake, their total number of video plays still don’t meet that of Dade County’s top dog. Even further, the equally entrancing and annoying “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)” is steadily approaching 91 million hits alone and is YouTube’s 4th most viewed music video of all time. "

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=N7RDS6maHMuX8Abg4-jWBA&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAcQvwUoAQ&&q=pitbull+most+watched+youtube&spell=1

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Views doesn't translate into record sales, dude still doesn't have a gold album. Him and Flo Ridah make big singles but their albums don't sell for ? .
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the artists get a certain amount of money from the views.so Pitbull is getting alot of cheese from those views just like souljaboy he gets a certain amount.he can get like 21 cents or more per view.so Hey cant hate them from making that paper.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont think its suprising cause he makes club music that can be played across the globe
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It depends of whether or not his record label made a deal with Youtube, not every label has a deal with them. Some labels are going through litigation for it right now.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Any music that WOMEN buy is gonna sell. ? might not dig it, but when you're in the club and some chick starts boppin, you're gonna do the same.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Views doesn't translate into record sales, dude still doesn't have a gold album. Him and Flo Ridah make big singles but their albums don't sell for ? .
    It doesnt matter. The marketing dollars he gets because he brings traffic to the site can equate to something more than a platinum plaque
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. No disrespect but that's a lie. Rihanna alone was the most view Youtube artist not too long ago.
    2. His singles might do good, but he sells almost NO records. Some people get the 9.99...some people get the .99 I guess.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Any music that WOMEN buy is gonna sell. ? might not dig it, but when you're in the club and some chick starts boppin, you're gonna do the same.

excatly and women buy the ringtones and they seem like they will buy a song if its a club banger or a slick talking r&b singer
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    1. No disrespect but that's a lie. Rihanna alone was the most view Youtube artist not too long ago.
    2. His singles might do good, but he sells almost NO records. Some people get the 9.99...some people get the .99 I guess.

actually, its not a lie because its a fact.

The end of the year lists are starting to surface on the web. One of the most interesting has to be YouTube's Most Watched and Searched in 2009.

The video-sharing website released their lists on Wednesday (December 16), via their official blog (Youtube.com/Blog), where fans and those interested could see what clips drew the most interest all over the globe.

While the most watched videos overall included clips many might've expected such as Susan Boyle's appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" (with 120+ million views) and the "New Moon" trailer (with 31+ million views), the most popular music video of 2009 was Pitbull's "I Know You Want Me," beating out Miley Cyrus and Keri Hilson.

Below are the two lists, via YouTube:

Most Watched music videos on YouTube (Global)*:
    1. Pitbull "I Know You Want Me" (82+ million views)
    2. Miley Cyrus "The Climb" (64+ million views)
    3. Miley Cyrus "Party in the U.S.A." (54+ million views)
    4. The Lonely Island "I'm On a Boat" (48+ million views)
    5. Keri Hilson "Knock You Down" (35+ million views)

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2009/12/16/pitbulls-music-video-i-know-you-want-me-is-youtubes-most-watched-of-the-year/

its over 120 mil when you add up the views from all his videos
    1449225 Members Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "In 2009, Pitbull had over 120 million Youtube views.

If you were to combine the respective views of Jay, Kanye, Rihanna, KiD CuDi and even Drake, their total number of video plays still don’t meet that of Dade County’s top dog. Even further, the equally entrancing and annoying “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)” is steadily approaching 91 million hits alone and is YouTube’s 4th most viewed music video of all time. "

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ei=N7RDS6maHMuX8Abg4-jWBA&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAcQvwUoAQ&&q=pitbull+most+watched+youtube&spell=1

DO YOU get paid for youtube views? no
    pitbull is popular with blacks and hispanics
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's a charismatic person. next subject.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I use to say how a while back and i only met four chicks that listen to em heavy. And they were latin.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's a charismatic person. next subject.

Pitbull > Shawn Knowles

U mad?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good for him. His career doesn't impress me though.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pitbull > Shawn Knowles

U mad?

LOL....yeah ok.
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2010
    Options
    actually, its not a lie because its a fact.

The end of the year lists are starting to surface on the web. One of the most interesting has to be YouTube's Most Watched and Searched in 2009.

The video-sharing website released their lists on Wednesday (December 16), via their official blog (Youtube.com/Blog), where fans and those interested could see what clips drew the most interest all over the globe.

While the most watched videos overall included clips many might've expected such as Susan Boyle's appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" (with 120+ million views) and the "New Moon" trailer (with 31+ million views), the most popular music video of 2009 was Pitbull's "I Know You Want Me," beating out Miley Cyrus and Keri Hilson.

Below are the two lists, via YouTube:

Most Watched music videos on YouTube (Global)*:
    1. Pitbull "I Know You Want Me" (82+ million views)
    2. Miley Cyrus "The Climb" (64+ million views)
    3. Miley Cyrus "Party in the U.S.A." (54+ million views)
    4. The Lonely Island "I'm On a Boat" (48+ million views)
    5. Keri Hilson "Knock You Down" (35+ million views)

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2009/12/16/pitbulls-music-video-i-know-you-want-me-is-youtubes-most-watched-of-the-year/

its over 120 mil when you add up the views from all his videos
    ok..but that's just 2009. I'm talking the OVERALL most viewed artist. Rihanna had 7 videos back in 2007-2008 that were all huge.
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually it's either Rihanna or Beyonce..but either way it isn't Pitbull. The 2009 list maybe.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pit gettin money
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im as suprised as this as to hear garth brooks got like 6 diamond albums.never met or know of a pitbull fan

Yeah he got club tracks but success to that degree.hes cheesy and his bars are ridiculously bad lol

I think he eptomises how lables dont know wot the public want but in sayin that he must have appeal.gona check out yt comments
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought his first album went gold.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Not even that. Dudes like cuban Florida and black Florida, Im happy for their success but their music aint for me so I dont give a ? .
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A pitbull thread in the reason.. I know you don't like this Black samson
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really, he make heartless party/dance music for people in the club and he is latino and those fans are hella loyal, specially when they own gettin commercial love in the states...

Im actually surprised he is not bigger
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PitBull was spittin on m.i.a.m.i