PORK! whats wrong with it again?

Options
gns
gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Cuz I'm eating this BONELESS SPARE RIBS AND WHITE RICE from the chinese spot and this ? good as hell.

if eating pork is wrong i.......

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It takes a long time to fully digest.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Causes high blood pressure
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    idk i be munching them ribs down also
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i ? wit swine.....
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i swear everything gives you high blood pressure nowadays
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i wouldnt be surprised in the future if they said cereal is bad for u
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ? 'll eat ? if ya cook it right......

incorrect. i refuse to eat chitlins.

goldenja wrote: »

i already seen an add by peta tryna encourage ? to drink beer over milk. no j/k
  • wackestrapper
    wackestrapper Members Posts: 663
    edited December 2010
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

lol its funny u say that cuz they do they say cherrios is actually bad for yuo cuz it has something in it i forgot tho,and because it doesnt have omega-3 in it
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    aint nothing good for u now day..

you eat to much fruits or vegs and its not good like wtf
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jus eat people
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's a filthy animal, and takes too long to digest.
  • young fatal
    young fatal Members Posts: 540
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ^^^ dat vid been proved already to be fake
  • NICKY P
    NICKY P Members Posts: 269
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ppl wont eat pork cuz its "a filthy animal",,but cows and chickens stay clean? or their religon which is the most stupid thing ive ever heard(eating bacon right now)
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pigs roll around in they own filth, but on that note im about to eat a ham sandwich as i type this
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    definitely ate a turkey sandwich topped off with bacon today
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    because they are scavengers. if you eat pork you might as well eat rats or vultures. pigs eat their own feces, will eat other pigs, will eat human flesh, rotting food...
    have you ever smelled the house or skin of someone who eats a lot of pork. not pleasant.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    because they are scavengers. if you eat pork you might as well eat rats or vultures. pigs eat their own feces, will eat other pigs, will eat human flesh, rotting food...
    have you ever smelled the house or skin of someone who eats a lot of pork. not pleasant.

^^
    What is "wrong" to one person isn't to another so if you do eat pork, do as you wish. Just don't assume that those who do not are "foolish" or without valid reason.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I live for bacon.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Most anti-pork arguments are supported by common-repeated anti-pork rhetoric, that's irrelevant when talking about the meat of commercially-domesticated pigs in the US.

Vintage anti-pork argument ether:
    fiat_money wrote: »
    It is. The "pork and coke" thing is a myth, properly cooked pork will not have roundworms. Even uncooked pork is regulated well enough so that it won't have parasitic worms in it.
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I watched both videos. Neither supported your claim that "the pig has more diseases than any other animal".

The first video was of a preacher describing the pig's diet and digestive process. Firstly, he attempted to use the fact that pigs will scavenge as a means to declare them unfit for consumption, however turkeys will scavenge and goats will attempt to eat almost anything if left alone; additionally, catfish, ? , lobsters, and shrimp already do so in the wild. Secondly, he tried to compare the pig's digestive process with that of a cow, to imply there was some significance in the differences. When in all actuality, cows are herbivores, while pigs are omnivores, it takes considerably longer to digest grass, because plants such as grass have cell walls; which can not be broken down easily. This is why humans can't eat grass, we can't digest it. So of course different animals with different diets, will have different digestive systems, there no significance in it, for it is accepted that cows and pigs are not the same.

The second video was of another preacher who was trying to use the fact that pigs will eat feces as a means to declare them unfit for consumption. What it seems he doesn't know is that the feces of herbivores is full of semi-digested matter; which contains a lot of nutrients, and corophagia is quite common in the animal kingdom.

But the reason both videos fail, is that commercially domesticated pigs are not fed feces or carrion; so it's moot to use "what they would eat, if able to" to claim that their meat is somehow soiled as a result.

So, do you have a proof to support your "the pig has more diseases than any other animal" claim? Or is it anti-pork rhetoric?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options

you know how many animals fall under the category of scavengers that people eat?
    Edit...there's not many species that don't do the things you listed actually
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    you know how many animals fall under the category of scavengers that people eat?
    Edit...there's not many species that don't do the things you listed actually

And many people refrain from eating any of those specimens ie. Vegetarians, vegans etc.
    People have different reasons, some hypocritical and others completely valid.
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pork is cool,but it should be eaten in moderation.