Is Nick Young a Top 5 SG in the East?

Options
Ibex
Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I'm sayin the Wiz are ? that's understood but Young is ballin this year. Only SG's currently puttin up better numbers are D Wade, Joe Johnson and Captain Jack

Nick Young Pts 17.3 Reb 2.8 Ast 1.3

What SG's are outballin Nick right now in the East?

Comments

• b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes but not because he's that good. The SG position is weak league wide right now.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that ? will shoot his ass off though..damn near the eastern version of jr smith
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's funny that you left out Ray Allen, you didn't mention Jamal Crawford either, somebody's gotta score the points for the Wizards bruh
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's funny that you left out Ray Allen, you didn't mention Jamal Crawford either, somebody's gotta score the points for the Wizards bruh

Jamal Crawford is avg a lil over 15, and Ray and Nick's numbers are basically identical
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    stephen jackson gets more buckets, boards, and assists
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    stephen jackson gets more buckets, boards, and assists

I acknowledged Capt. Jack with my first post
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dwade
    joe johnson
    ray
    steven jackson
    j rich
    salmons
    landry fields
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dwade
    joe johnson
    ray
    steven jackson
    j rich
    salmons
    landry fields

you're reaching with the last 2 salmons has been hurt, and fields is more of a role player
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Jamal Crawford is avg a lil over 15, and Ray and Nick's numbers are basically identical

Difference is that Ray's buckets count more because his team wins... ANYONE can put up good numbers on a wack team. It's much harder to do that when your team expects to win every night. Ray closes out games with big shots... Wizards games = blowouts by the 2nd qtr.
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dwade
    joe johnson
    ray
    steven jackson
    j rich
    salmons
    landry fields

Salmons is avg 13 & 3...C'mon Son
    J Rich 16.5 not quite
    Landry Fields 10 pts my ? 10!?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    niether john salmons or landry fields is better than Nick young ^^^

If he was starting the whole year he'd be around 20ppg, he's not top 5 yet imo ? all he can do right now is score.

Also, hes been shootin pretty well as far as percentages go but he does take some ridiculous shots which makes me think the percentage will drop too. GOAT fantasy free agent pick up though, him and Deandre Jordan have been great for me
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Salmons is avg 13 & 3...C'mon Son
    J Rich 16.5 not quite
    Landry Fields 10 pts my ? 10!?

fields also averaging the most rebounds amongst guards, and hes a rookie, salmons also hasnt been a 100% all season and has a better all around game, plays defense and has performed in the playoffs, look what happened to chicago when they traded for him a few years back and look what happened to milwaukee last year, nobody was hotter than milwaukee after the deadline till bogut got hurt, jrich and nick young are the same type of player but right now due to experience ill take jrich, the difference between you and me is i watch the sport i dont just look at stats, im trying to be respectful but i want to call you a ? idiot for saying hes better than ray i dont even want to go there because anyone who actually thinks that then there opinion is invalid and doesnt matter to me, we're talking about a player who is about to become the greatest 3 point shooter of all time hands down, whose play off the ball is 2nd to none, who has been making clutch shots for over a decade now, and your gonna even put nick young in the same sentence as ray because he averages 17 for the worst team in the league?? von wafer could average 17 for the wiz if he shot enough
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    give nate robinson 30+ minutes a game for the wiz he would average 17 lol, nick young ? outta here
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So currently D Wade, Joe Johnson, S. Jackson, and Ray are consensus Top 5 SG.....Explain to me how Nick doesn't at least deserve the 5 spot with the numbers he's putting up?
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    next thing your gonna say is andray blatche is better than kg because he averages more points lol, man only on the ic
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bruh wtf, was that 1 long ass run-on sentence??
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    next thing your gonna say is andray blatche is better than kg because he averages more points lol, man only on the ic

Bruh your talking about if this and if that and this guy was hurt and he was traded and blah blah...I'm just going off the numbers and the games and there are not 5 SG's playing better than Nick Young right now
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bruh wtf, was that 1 long ass run-on sentence??

ill break it up for you next time, but its all facts, nick young aiint chucking up shots and scoring 17 a game for a good team, ill take landry fields and salmons even tho salmons plays more small forward
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Bruh your talking about if this and if that and this guy was hurt and he was traded and blah blah...I'm just going off the numbers and the games and there are not 5 SG's playing better than Nick Young right now

hes chucking up shots and their losing, hes not bad but lets not overrate him, i guess you didnt read my titangraph either
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ill still take rip hamilton over him too, after the trade deadline this statement wont look so ridiculous
  • Ibex
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ill still take rip hamilton over him too, after the trade deadline this statement wont look so ridiculous

That comment is not even worth a Shaq face...you and I both know Rip is washed up now....T-Mac>Rip
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That comment is not even worth a Shaq face...you and I both know Rip is washed up now....T-Mac>Rip

ill check back a week or two after the deadline and hes with a new squad, rip can still ball
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ya ? is sleeping on Rip b, he's gonna be good again for some contending team hopefully in the 2nd half of the year.

I agree though with the the point about Nick young scoring on a bad team, but if you cant just use "the eye test" and see that Young is a better than Fields and Salmons then idk what to tell you. (this is coming from a Knicks fan that loves Landry fields btw nh)
  • its....JOHN B
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ya ? is sleeping on Rip b, he's gonna be good again for some contending team hopefully in the 2nd half of the year.

I agree though with the the point about Nick young scoring on a bad team, but if you cant just use "the eye test" and see that Young is a better than Fields and Salmons then idk what to tell you. (this is coming from a Knicks fan that loves Landry fields btw nh)

fields vs young is worth an argument, fields is having a great rookie campaign, hes not scoring as much but hes a 4th/5th option on a good team, i dont know if he still is leading the league in boards amongst guards but hes one of the best rebounding guards and is a good defender with a decent iq for a rookie, i think he got a brighter future, salmons plays more small forward but to me its a no brainer i would take salmons if im trying to build a contending squad
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    do you watch nick young play hes terrible. All he does is stand around till they pass him the ball and shoot. He never passes the ball 1.3 assist a game. He plays on a team full of chuckers thats why they suck
This discussion has been closed.