Top 5 QB's in the NFL

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Take ? in context ? . He said the Rivers was bad cuz they lost with the #1 ranked defense. I pointed out that they also had the #1 ranked offense. You're stupid as ? . You say a players job in that position is to win, and I asked you what had Vick been winning, and you avoided the queistion.

How are you top five with a top rank offense and defense and no playoff win ? didnt even make the playoffs.And every time they do make it they lose. All of the top qbs i mentioned have won a super bowl..rivesr gotta put his postseason resume together before you crown him.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rivers is nice but he is not top five
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Take ? in context ? . He said the Rivers was bad cuz they lost with the #1 ranked defense. I pointed out that they also had the #1 ranked offense. You're stupid as ? . You say a players job in that position is to win, and I asked you what had Vick been winning, and you avoided the queistion.

Please ? , the talent Rivers has around him till this year has been some of the best in Football. He get a lot of his stats from behind and isn't clutch. He just isn't that good of a QB, an amazing passer but he leaves a lot to be desired but he's an amazing passer. I didn't avoid your question, I justed answered it when asked. Don't be pumped up ? cause I called you out, you were being a ? . You could have been anything else and I wouldn't have said a word but when a ? is cooning, I will pull your card but I got love for you. I just think what you said needed to be reprimanded.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Since 2005 the chargers and cowboys have been the most over-hyped teams and what do they have to show for it?
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    He does win correct? His team who are expected to be 6 wins at best with a quality QB gets Vick and are contenders, correct? His overall numbers and offense impact actually leads to wins. Just look at his record this season. Even the seasons in Atlanta with lower tier surrounding talent, he won games. Think about it, how the hell did that Atlanta who was no where near as talented as TB or CAR and still were in the NFLCG and some favored them. That was a one team if there ever was one.

He's a winner given surrounding talent. Rivers? His stats doesn't lead to wins usually. I like him, he's a great passer, better passer than Vick but Vick is a much better player. It bothersome when ? act like QB is just passing, I expect ? with bias to say dumb ? but when ? say it, it's like Clarence Thomas. Some suma ? type ? . You played the game. You know the type of impact athletes at QB can have but you say some ? ? . That's not cool homie.

When did I say anything about passing? I said WINNING because that's what you wanted to base the QB position on. And who said the Eagles were a 6 win team w/o Vick? They were just 11-5 last year. One NFC Championship appearance. Vick is overhyped. At least Rivers had to get past the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts his whole career. The NFC doesn't have constant heavyweights like that, so what's Vick's excuse?
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    LMAO!! Wtf race gotta do wit ? ? ?? ? quick to bring up race when a white QB is better than a black QB FOH wit that ? ...If you watch the games instead of that ? ass ESPN ? , you could clearly see that Rivers is a better QB than Vick..? this aint Madden where you can just snap the ball to Vick and he run you all the way to a Super Bowl title Smh..? ? me wit this ? ..

Brady>Vick
    Manning>Vick

It has nothing to do with race until idiots start saying Rivers>Vick when that's not even close to the case. Rivers has had superior talent around him and has worst seasons and when they had equal overall talent, Rivers teams play poorly. More moments where they look awful than when they look like the best team in the league. Rivers is just really inconsistent.

This dude acting like someone said Jason Campbell or something. We are talking about Michael Vick. One of the most talented players in the NFL. C'Mon Man. Smarten up. Rivers better than Vick, lol. At what, passing? What about being a playmaker? What about mobility? What about overall talent? What's next Schaub>Vick? Only Clarence Thomas ass ? .
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited February 2011
    Options
    When did I say anything about passing? I said WINNING because that's what you wanted to base the QB position on. And who said the Eagles were a 6 win team w/o Vick? They were just 11-5 last year. One NFC Championship appearance. Vick is overhyped. At least Rivers had to get past the Steelers, Patriots, and Colts his whole career. The NFC doesn't have constant heavyweights like that, so what's Vick's excuse?

Something he has yet to do.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Manning- Scary even without a D thats stops the run
    Brady- has done the most with the least
    Rivers- 3 consec 4000 seasons
    Brees- 6ft and kills
    Schab-if he had a D he'd be beating payton. And has done it with only two good receivers
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options

With Kolb they were going nowhere. Anyone could see that this was a completely different team, mainly defensively. Sheldon Brown traded. Other vets gone. Injuries all over the O-line which is why Kolb got hurt in the first place. Lost one of the best FB's in the NFL. Revamped LB's and safeties. They weren't the same team. Not even close. Anyone who was an Eagles fan can tell you that.

At least, at least what? He was a non-factor. The NFC just won what the last two SB's. You really think the best teams in the NFC were worst than the best of the AFC in the last 10-12 years. Stop the foolishness. This isn't about top to bottom. This is about the top tier teams which happens in the playoffs and too many times with a top 5 RB in NFL history, a top 5 TE in NFL history, a great blocking FB, a great O-line, and V-Jax and other WR's he found a way to go home most of the time. This fool thinking the NFC/AFC is like the East/West in the NBA where the talent level can be obvious as one player has a ton of impact.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Please ? , the talent Rivers has around him till this year has been some of the best in Football. He get a lot of his stats from behind and isn't clutch. He just isn't that good of a QB, an amazing passer but he leaves a lot to be desired but he's an amazing passer. I didn't avoid your question, I justed answered it when asked. Don't be pumped up ? cause I called you out, you were being a ? . You could have been anything else and I wouldn't have said a word but when a ? is cooning, I will pull your card but I got love for you. I just think what you said needed to be reprimanded.

Gets his stats from behind? He has about two times as many wins as losses...how's he gettin his stats from playin from behind? He probably has a better record as a starter than Vick does. Me not rootin for a dude just cuz he's black doesn't equal coonin. And where's this clutch gene Vick has, cuz I haven't heard about that ? . The only thing you're tellin me Vick has on Rivers is running ability. But accuracy, win percentage, TD/INT Ratio, QB rating, ball security....Rivers has him beat.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    With Kolb they were going nowhere. Anyone could see that this was a completely different team, mainly defensively. Sheldon Brown traded. Other vets gone. Injuries all over the O-line which is why Kolb got hurt in the first place. Lost one of the best FB's in the NFL. Revamped LB's and safeties. They weren't the same team. Not even close. Anyone who was an Eagles fan can tell you that.

At least, at least what? He was a non-factor. The NFC just won what the last two SB's. You really think the best teams in the NFC were worst than the best of the AFC in the last 10-12 years. Stop the foolishness. This isn't about top to bottom. This is about the top tier teams which happens in the playoffs and too many times with a top 5 RB in NFL history, a top 5 TE in NFL history, a great blocking FB, a great O-line, and V-Jax and other WR's he found a way to go home most of the time. This fool thinking the NFC/AFC is like the East/West in the NBA where the talent level can be obvious as one player has a ton of impact.

HELL YEA! Patriots 3 SB wins, Steelers 2 SB wins, Colts SB win. There goes 6 of the past 12 SB victories just from 3 teams.
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options
    HELL YEA! Patriots 3 SB wins, Steelers 2 SB wins, Colts SB win. There goes 6 of the past 12 SB victories just from 3 teams.

Those were all close games that came down ST. I didn't superiority like I seen in the 90's where teams got mushed-faced by SF and Dal.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Something he has yet to do.

True, but those are the 2 best teams of the past decade. Vick didn't have that obstacle in his way every year of his career, but still couldn't win.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Those were all close games that came down ST. I didn't superiority like I seen in the 90's where teams got mushed-faced by SF and Dal.

But you can't see anything like what those teams did in the NFC durin that time period
  • #1 pick
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Gets his stats from behind? He has about two times as many wins as losses...how's he gettin his stats from playin from behind? He probably has a better record as a starter than Vick does. Me not rootin for a dude just cuz he's black doesn't equal coonin. And where's this clutch gene Vick has, cuz I haven't heard about that ? . The only thing you're tellin me Vick has on Rivers is running ability. But accuracy, win percentage, TD/INT Ratio, QB rating, ball security....Rivers has him beat.

Look at the rosters. Sorry man but LT, Gates, V-Jax, Chambers, their great lines>>>>*10> Dunn, Duckett, rookie Roddy, young Jenkins, Leile, Dez White, Jefferson, ? , Finn, Alge, with Bob Whitfield and the four stooges. The defense wasn't much either. Especially compared to when SD had Cro and Merriman causing havoc as well as Jammer and Phillips. The Falcons defense. young wild D-Hall, Kerney, Keith Brooking and a bunch of clowns. That's the same right. The Falcons were trash dude. Most teams would scout the Falcons and say their all Vick. Teams gameplan v. the Eagles and McCoy is the main one they are worried about. No one team came close to success with so little outside of this NE team this season. Even SD said they had the most talent in the NFL, not just AFC West but NFL and other teams or analysts agreed. Smh, what's next kid? I got work tomorrow. I got to go.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Look at the rosters. Sorry man but LT, Gates, V-Jax, Chambers, their great lines>>>>*10> Dunn, Duckett, rookie Roddy, young Jenkins, Leile, Dez White, Jefferson, ? , Finn, Alge, with Bob Whitfield and the four stooges. The defense wasn't much either. Especially compared to when SD had Cro and Merriman causing havoc as well as Jammer and Phillips. The Falcons defense. young wild D-Hall, Kerney, Keith Brooking and a bunch of clowns. That's the same right. The Falcons were trash dude. Most teams would scout the Falcons and say their all Vick. Teams gameplan v. the Eagles and McCoy is the main one they are worried about. No one team came close to success with so little outside of this NE team this season. Even SD said they had the most talent in the NFL, not just AFC West but NFL and other teams or analysts agreed. Smh, what's next kid? I got work tomorrow. I got to go.

What's it matter if his WR's weren't good or if his defense was suspect. You're sayin a QB is judged on his ability to win. You're not givin me him winning...you're givin me the reasons why he lost. Rivers is more of a winner than Vick. And this year Brees didn't have LT, Gates (most of the time), Jackson, or Chambers and STILL threw for over 4,000 yards. Vick doesn't produce special individual stats OR team wins in the regular or post-season...so what makes him so good?
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And Rivers took the Chargers to 9-7 this year...1 less win than Vick's eagles. Did he have all that help this year? No LT, Gates only part of the season, no V Jax, no Chambers, no Cromartie, a very washed up Merriman. He still played his ass off though, and had a better season than Vick's ever had in his career.
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Vick's a real mystery to me...the only dude in the league that's 30 years old and people are still expectin to see some new level of talent out of him. Dude'll be 31 next season starts and people are still gonna be blamin the rest of his team for him not winning, and saying what he's gonna be able to do when he finally gets a real shot.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Vick (30) is younger than Brady (33), Brees (32) & Manning (35). Chill with the old talk. He had the second best season out of any QB & yes....the Eagles would've been 6-10 without him. As an Eagles fan, I can attest to how depleted our defense has become compared to our heyday. The only thing Vick has against him is consistency. He hasn't played long enough at a high level compared to other star QBs but, if we going by this year.....he's top 3. ? is gonna put Rodgers ahead cuz he just won tonight & forget how all season it was a Brady-Vick race.

1. Brady (Out of respect for his career & his accomplishments)
    2. Manning (Bad year but, he still can go off at any moment)
    3a. Brees (Played bad this year...I know he's capable of better)
    3b. Rodgers (Just put himself here tonight....very poised player)
    3c. Vick (Played out of his mind this year. Only had ONE ? BAD GAME this year, against Minnesota & the Media made it seem like he was falling off SMMFH. I put him & the other two at 3 because there's no clear distinction. They're close to Brady/Manning. Vick is the only one without a ring. If he wins one next year & plays like he did in 2010, he'll cement himself IMO)
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    1.brady
    2.manning
    3.big ben
    4.a-rod
    5.brees

Whats yall top 5 qb's?

*waits for number 3 to be edited*
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think the t/sgot it right with the orginal post...now if you wanna debate the order after #1 then i can respect that...i wouldn't put Vick or Rivers (although I got rivers at #6 right now..gotta respect his toughness and he got a cannon)..I was very impressed by Rogers poise last night...he act like he had already won 2-3 before...i expect him to win at least 1 more in his career...
  • bow to royalty
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Vick (30) is younger than Brady (33), Brees (32) & Manning (35). Chill with the old talk. He had the second best season out of any QB & yes....the Eagles would've been 6-10 without him. As an Eagles fan, I can attest to how depleted our defense has become compared to our heyday. The only thing Vick has against him is consistency. He hasn't played long enough at a high level compared to other star QBs but, if we going by this year.....he's top 3. ? is gonna put Rodgers ahead cuz he just won tonight & forget how all season it was a Brady-Vick race.

1. Brady (Out of respect for his career & his accomplishments)
    2. Manning (Bad year but, he still can go off at any moment)
    3a. Brees (Played bad this year...I know he's capable of better)
    3b. Rodgers (Just put himself here tonight....very poised player)
    3c. Vick (Played out of his mind this year. Only had ONE ? BAD GAME this year, against Minnesota & the Media made it seem like he was falling off SMMFH. I put him & the other two at 3 because there's no clear distinction. They're close to Brady/Manning. Vick is the only one without a ring. If he wins one next year & plays like he did in 2010, he'll cement himself IMO)

Your list goes
    1) HOF Lock
    2)HOF Lock
    3a) Probably in HOF
    3b) HOF Lock IF he keeps playin like he does. Only 3 seasons as a starter, so too early to say
    3c)Vick...His ass won't go near the hall...and you can't see a clear distinction between him Brees, and Rodgers? C'mon man

Ya Vick is younger than those 3 QB's, but no one was lookin for them to live up to any new portential once they were 30. By the time they hit 30 they had made it real clear that they were elite QB's. And 2nd best QB in the league? Nah, I can't agree with that. Even though people in the media were hypin Vick to be an MVP candidate, it doesn't mean he was gettin it. Rodgers still threw for damn near 4,000 yards with 28 TD's and 11 INT. Josh Freeman isn't gonna get MVP consideration, and the Bucs would have won LESS than 6 games without him, he took them to 10 wins, and he threw for just under 3,500 yards 25 TD's, and 6 INT. Matt Ryan threw for 28 TD's 9 INT, 2nd best record in the league, and 3,700 yards. So Vick's not a shoe in for the 2nd best QB last year.

I can't agree with Vick because like I said before. He hasn't really shown great individual stats OR team success, but people wanna group him up there with people that have.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Manning
    Brady
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Rivers
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011