Why can Yelawolf Represent Alabama,but Gucci Mane Won't?

Options

Comments

• dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yelawolf is wack imo, rich boy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    All lies. Lawson State is a 2 year college and he went there, but dropped out and moved to Atlanta to start his rap career. Trust me, he wasn't in Atlanta that long.

He was in Alabama the majority of his life.

I know that. I said high school
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think it's fact that Gucci Mane went to high school in Atl, "McNair High School" which is in east Atl.

He claimed Alabama early in his rap career. In early interviews he said he was from Alabama.

Probably one of those deals similar to T.I. where he went back & forth.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    U makin fun of my hometown?

Didn't know you was from Alabama..aight, aight..
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    too short wasn't born in the bay, pac wasn't born in the west, kanye west wasn't born in the chi, nicki minaj wasn't born in ny, ludacris wasn't born in the south and thats just off the top of my head. ? usually rep the hood they came of age in
  • Dee112
    Dee112 Members Posts: 294
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gucci moved to atlanta when he was 9...he said so himself in the east atlanta 6 song
  • Dee112
    Dee112 Members Posts: 294
    edited February 2011
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    too short wasn't born in the bay, pac wasn't born in the west, kanye west wasn't born in the chi, nicki minaj wasn't born in ny, ludacris wasn't born in the south and thats just off the top of my head. ? usually rep the hood they came of age in

and texas boys dont wont to admit it but ? c grew up in crowley louisiana which is just 2 hours from p.a. texas
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? it, yall can have that Ice Cream face ass ? ....
  • MR.CJ
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Didn't know you was from Alabama..aight, aight..

Yea. What city you from?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Either him or his record label made him claim Atlanta for obvious reasons. Same with Jeezy.
  • radaman
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Either him or his record label made him claim Atlanta for obvious reasons. Same with Jeezy.

yeah I can understand why he did...

matter fact, I lived in Atlanta for like a year as a kid so...... ATL shawty!
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think Yela meant that he's gonna be the first to really REP for Alabama...yea them other ? was prolly from there but u dont ever hear them really REPPIN it...Yela throws a shout out on damn near every track he did..almost
  • Stew
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^^^? repped Bama hard just never was able to get out there like that. Yelawolf now has an opportunity like none of them ? .
    radaman wrote: »
    yeah I can understand why he did...

matter fact, I lived in Atlanta for like a year as a kid so...... ATL shawty!

lol

I dont see the issue here at all, im not a fan of Gucci or anything but If he wants to be an "entertainer" then you might as well go to the big city and get that money. Your gonna have haters anyway just for being a rapper, might as well earn bank at the same time. He wont be around for long anyway so wont matter in the long run.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yea. What city you from?

Magic City aka Birmingham.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options

Marketing reasons due to the acts that were coming out of Atlanta being they were hot at the time.
  • radaman
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^^^? repped Bama hard just never was able to get out there like that. Yelawolf now has an opportunity like none of them ? .

lol

I dont see the issue here at all, im not a fan of Gucci or anything but If he wants to be an "entertainer" then you might as well go to the big city and get that money. Your gonna have haters anyway just for being a rapper, might as well earn bank at the same time. He wont be around for long anyway so wont matter in the long run.

yep..... I understand it... its all good. I'd prolly care more if it was somebody else nh
  • Stew
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Marketing reasons due to the acts that were coming out of Atlanta being they were hot at the time.

Money..........
  • BReddy2
    BReddy2 Confirm Email Posts: 585
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yelawolf got some dope ass music that ? flow is heavy like aunt flow on a heavy day
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mr Bigg been reppin Bama
  • MR.CJ
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Magic City aka Birmingham.

Wat school?

Parker?

Woodlawn?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Wat school?

Parker?

Woodlawn?

....Lanier.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    who ? cares all them ? (cracka 2) is trash
  • MR.CJ
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ....Lanier.

lol I knew it was going to be a black school.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yelawolf is the ?

gucci gives alabame a bad name
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was just watching the same thing on my local news cbs...and did he say exactly he said "I'm gonna be one of the 1st rappers to rep Alabama proudly" or something like that..he wasn't sayin that he was the 1st and only rapper to do it.

Thank you. I watched the CBS news right after the Grammys and I don't remember word for word what he said, but it was something to that effect. He didn't say he was the first rapper to represent Alabama. And Gucci Mane was born in Birmingham, but he moved to ATL when he was 11, I believe. So I don't really have a problem with it if he wants to claim ATL. He's spent half his life there too, so I guess he could claim either one.