Why can't The Clipse SELL???

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Reason
Til the Casket Drops is hot as fucccc as u would expect from the Clipse... I understand nobody sellin besides Jay and Em but c'mon man... Clipse got jooked on HHNF and that was probably that hottest album of that year.. they get no respect.. outside of Outkast their the best duo of all time imo..

Comments

• Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They didnt take the oath.
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited January 2010
    Options
    2nd best duo of all time might be a bit of a reach, but they're ill. This last album probably couldn't sell 'cause it wasn't in stores. I couldn't find a copy at a few different places. Why they can't sell in general? Hell if I know.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Big fan of the Clipse, but they just don't have the it factor and the truth of the matter is most artist don't see gold much less platinum. I've always felt they never built on there momentum off Lord Willin and took too long to come out with HHNF, you have to build a fanbase and continuously put out music nowadays or the fans will forget you. Building a fanbase is the key to being successful nowadays. They are dependent on Pharell too, dudes need to branch out and ? with other producers an artist; having pharell doing most the tracks and having Dj Khalil and The Hittmakers do one or two tracks is not branching out.
  • da champ
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Big fan of the Clipse, but they just don't have the it factor and the truth of the matter is most artist don't see gold much less platinum. I've always felt they never built on there momentum off Lord Willin and took too long to come out with HHNF, you have to build a fanbase and continuously put out music nowadays or the fans will forget you. Building a fanbase is the key to being successful nowadays. They are dependent on Pharell too, dudes need to branch out and ? with other producers an artist; having pharell doing most the tracks and having Dj Khalil and The Hittmakers do one or two tracks is not branching out.

I agree with all of this. The "it" factor just isn't there now that you mention it. Lord Willin' sold pretty decent and HHNF came out like a half-decade later.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    have u really sat down & listen 2 a clipse album fa real?...du u think white emerica is gonna let they lil johnnyz & sallyz listen 2 all that white gurl talk?...IDTS lol
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who??? Sike Naw they just anit the type of artist to be pushing units, some artist will never get a plat or gold album. All they can do is be featured on other well known artist albums or do concerts to make money.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They are a dope group but they just dont seem to get any kind of consistent promotion.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cuz ? dont know good music when they hear it..
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kinda good they wont sell... Therefore they wont sell out! Stay hood... Best kept secret in my eyes.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Could've built some Pop success off Grindin and When The Last Time. Already been said they didn't keep the momentum going and they just haven't got that 'it' factor or that Pop appeal. If it wasn't for the label ? and everything else they went through they probably wouldn't have produced Hell Hath No Fury so see the situation how you want
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They don't consistently put out music. They have the potential like so many other artists to be at the top, but they don't keep it pushing nonstop.

1. Grindin
    2. What Happened to that Boy w/ Birdman
    3. Like I Love You w/ Justin Timberlake
    4. When the last time
    5. I don't love her w/ Faith Evans
    6. Mr. Me Too

I think everybody recognize Clipse's talent, and they support too. But if you only make noise every other year, people will keep forgetting you.
  • da champ
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Could've built some Pop success off Grindin and When The Last Time. Already been said they didn't keep the momentum going and they just haven't got that 'it' factor or that Pop appeal. If it wasn't for the label ? and everything else they went through they probably wouldn't have produced Hell Hath No Fury so see the situation how you want

Yeah, but I didn't really like HHNF. Maybe it was all the hype because that certainly wasn't a classic album. It was good, but not classic imo. After all the crazy reviews, it was one of the bigger let downs of the year for me. I would've gladly swapped the half-decade hiatus for a different CD than what was produced with HHNF
  • mystery brown
    mystery brown Confirm Email Posts: 144
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cause no one wants to hear an album with nothing BUT ? rhymes. Step your concept game up.
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yo i cant find a copy of that sh*t in the store, i live in BK and have tried to pick it up twice and stores don't stock it, but i like how the record industry cries music don't sell but they dont even stock the sh*t
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not versatile enough and females arent gonna buy their music. they can spit but it takes more than that. add in the long periods of time between albums. they will never top their first Album.
  • Got iT Por Barato
    Got iT Por Barato Members Posts: 338
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they aint main stream thats why...
  • longbeach_turnt_up
    longbeach_turnt_up Members Posts: 101
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fa real? what artist with similar content besides jay is sellin??? i think the clipse got a die hard fan base...me and one of my boys the only ? i kno that bump the clipse heavy like that...everybody else dont even kno they still puttin out music........but as long as they keep puttin out music im buyin it ? all that record sells talk.
  • Dreams & Egos
    Dreams & Egos Members Posts: 365
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fa real? what artist with similar content besides jay is sellin??? i think the clipse got a die hard fan base...me and one of my boys the only ? i kno that bump the clipse heavy like that...everybody else dont even kno they still puttin out music........but as long as they keep puttin out music im buyin it ? all that record sells talk.

i really wasnt an advent listener to them but i was riding with my x one sat nite and when i got home...i IMMEDIATELY downloaded their latest album and listen to all the time
  • j dot keyz
    j dot keyz Members Posts: 127
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because they no longer have a buzz, and no matter how much good music you put out, if people arent interested in you anymore its not going to sell. Not dropping an album a year after their first one has essentially killed their careers, they have a solid fan base of about 80- 120,000, they need to go independent.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Kinda good they wont sell... Therefore they wont sell out! Stay hood... Best kept secret in my eyes.

yeah cuz artist drop album after album so hopiing they wont sell records
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They need to do "Grindin" part 2wo.
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cuz ? don't buy records anymore...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    They don't sell because nobody gives a ? about ? from virginia or their fake ass drug sales.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    like 99% of rappers they don't have that cross-over appeal
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because they only appeal to a niche market. They're still dope though.