Ashley Judd Trashes Hip-Hop; Calls Music '? Culture'

Options

Comments

• ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So how does callin women hoes lead you to believe that rap is a ? culture?

• babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I agree with her about hip hop being MOSTLY negative but like another poster asked, what does that have to do with her being ? ? Her abusers didn't listen to rap so why is she tying the two together?
    I mean, I love hip hop and all but I have to admit the ? I'm listening to is full of mysoginistic lyrics and talk of drug dealing and other criminal or violent activity. What can I say, that other ? bores the hell outta me.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Like I said, radio where Im at dont play ? like that at all anymore... you got guys like b.o.b. and bruno mars rapping love songs at the top of charts now, not snoop. Lady need to get with the times.. This is irrelevent regardless if she right or wrong
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Art imitates life.

With that said, i wish people would stop speaking on ? they don't know or fully understand. It's much ado about nothing to complain about the music and the rappers BUT TO SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE EXECUTIVES WHO BACK THEM AND INSIST UPON THE "NEGATIVE" MUSIC FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION. #imjustsayin
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    She about 10-15 years late.....

Exactly...but she's entitled to her opinion!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ummm.

shes right as ? .

the music, for the most part, is NEGATIVE, misogynistic, and violent. straight up. you gotta weed thru a LOT of ? to find what......like maybe 3 GOOD positive artists in the mainstream?

shes right...and im sure a lot of people will disagree.

hip hop is heterophobic not misogynistic
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Someone tell me the last mysogynistic song at the top of the Hot 100....

Edit: besides Ye's verse on ET rofl... that kinda counts
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no hands.

it paints women out to be ? .

Not a number one hit......... im talking top of the charts, most play country wide...
    the songs that come on over and over.

It didnt even ? the top 10
  • MC The Rapper
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no hands.

it paints women out to be ? .

but some women are ? gasp..............................
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Movies are "? culture" too

Movies are misogynistic and treat women as objects too

White college frats are "? culture"

When Ashley Judd listens to Illmatic, or an entire Goodie mob album

THEN she can speak on hip hop

Turnin on the radio and hearing FloRida and Lil Wayne don't make you qualified to speak on an entire artform

But to that white, kentuckian NO TALENT ? , hip hop aint an artform

? her for not bein relevant so she decides to write a trashy book where she snitches on her family in order to stay in the spotlight
  • freepostking
    freepostking Members Posts: 468
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? that wacc looking ? .
  • Brova
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And, I called her a ? because she's being one

Not cuz shes a female
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you're right, homie. SOME women are.

but lets be real, whens the last time you heard a rapper confess his LOVE for a women that wasnt his mama on a rap song....ON THE RADIO.

i'll tell u. It was T.I and the song was "I Got Your Back". and EVERYBODY hated that song and said that he was corny for making that song.

Nothin on You........ and thats a numberone hit music wide
  • MC The Rapper
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh its misogynistic.

rap ? use the word "? " synonymously with the word "woman". look at how that transcends into real life. how many of YOUR friends call girls "? " and "hos" soooooo much that you dont even second guess it. its become part of the speech. your mind doesnt even register what a REAL ? or ? is. you just know that your homie means "a girl".

but what i'm saying is most of them dudes are ? so of course they have a distaste for women making them heterophobic
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? culture lmao

man ? her and her sad ways to get attention for her book

she doesnt understand the music so she knocks it

its watever though

if hip hop is ? culture then all the movies she has been in are also ? culture.

? always quick to diss music and give oscars to violent movies which show actual ? , murder and torture sometimes with no consequence

music from the ages has always been a easy target, right back to when Elvis shaked his pelvis,
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ok how bout this. name 10 songs like that...in the last decade that made it within the top 5. then lets compare it to all the other top rap hits within the decade.

Thats what Im saying..... ? is changing. Its 2011, not 94. Which is why I said her opinion is late as ? and irrelevant. Any rap or rap related tracks that ? the top 10 are rappers confessing their love to girls positively and ? ..
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? handing out oscars to the Joker

and that ? in No Country For Old Men

and they wanna have a go at a rapper cuz he calls bicthes ? ....

rap music is entertainment, there is no difference between music and movies, both fall in to the same bracket, just one is judged for morality where as the other (movies) seem to be celebrated for the lack of
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Grenade...whats my name.........firework

its not just hip hop, people love "positivity" nowadays
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Brova
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL first off, you are acting like she said something about your moms.

second, yall make me laugh. "SHE WOULDNT BE SAYING THAT IF SHE HEARD ILLMATIC!!!!"

? outta here man. for every 1 illmatic, theres 202929991901929192 TM101-esque albums.

lets be real. stop bullshitting with yourself. you're asking ashley judd to find the needle in the haystack in the MAINSTREAM.

Slow up homie

What I'm sayin is, she hasn't heard the CLASSICS in the genre

There are literature professors who only read the classics and don't watch movies would ignorantly dismiss her career in movies. Because they've never seen the classics.

I've never heard what's considered a "classic" in Country music so I have no right to generalize the entire genre. Is hip hop a genre with ALOT of misogyny? Yeah. Is that ALL there is? NO! Bottom line, she's not qualified to speak on OUR culture If she said, "I turn on the radio and in the clubs the hip hop they play is misogynistic" then cool But, she said hip hop as a genre is misogynistic and ? culture. thats just ignorant.
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    name these songs, bro.

In 2011? In 2010? The new decade where she making her statements? I just did for the whole pop genre.. including hip hop
  • eonimod
    eonimod Members Posts: 225
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm not mad at Ashley Judd. She's like a lot of older suburban white people...and older black people for that matter. She just misinformed. Like Jay said, 'You can you fairly ? something from the outside looking in? The majority of them time you're gonna be wrong'.

? bless her.

you ? that quote something awful
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Art imitates life.

With that said, i wish people would stop speaking on ? they don't know or fully understand. It's much ado about nothing to complain about the music and the rappers BUT TO SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE EXECUTIVES WHO BACK THEM AND INSIST UPON THE "NEGATIVE" MUSIC FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION. #imjustsayin

@bold, You dont hear about that...
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just the way you are has to be the sappiest song Ive ever heard... another number one hit

Plus hip hop dont dominate the charts anymore... is having less and less of an impact. Look at all those so called positive songs that make the radio. SMH at blaming hip hop for ? in 2011
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Someone tell me the last mysogynistic song at the top of the Hot 100....

Edit: besides Ye's verse on ET rofl... that kinda counts

Travis Porter - Make It Rain

"You wanna see some ass, I wanna see some cash".... ? still ain't ? music tho