Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010) - 5.1 Million
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) - 21.4 Million

Round 3:

Total Worldwide Sales (PS3 & 360):

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010) - 5.1 Million
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) - 22 Million

ouch...

as you can see, cod is clearly the undisputed FPS heavyweight

being that both these games are of the same genre, and aimed at the same demographic...the sales are a direct reflection of each title's popularity, which in turn gives us an idea as to which game gamers think is better.

based on the sales you can clearly see cod and battlefield are not even in the samne league...

this poses the question...

why so many battyfield stans in the arcade ?

well theres a couple reasons...

1. low ratios

sad but true, but due to recent studies by myself i found that there is a worrying correlation bewtween low ratios and arcade n00bs.

studies show that the same battyfield stans, are the same cod haters with low ratios

:(

2. delusion

sad but true, we live in a day n age where media and religiaon tend to dictate most of our own lives without us even realising it.

arcade posters are victims of subliminal programming, its affected their mind and thoughts so much tha the simplest equations go way over their head.

anyone can clearly see that COD holds the crown, and the title will not chnage hands anytime soon, yet among arcade posters there is a growing delusion that battyfield ? company is a better game than cod and it will soon outsell its rival and claim the no.1 fps title.

:rolleyes:

by using resouces availible to me, and collecting various statistics and figures...ive manged to come up with an early projected sales figure estimate for both upcoming titles...

Round 4 (Estimate):

Total Worldwide Sales (PS3 & 360):

Battlefield 3 (2011) - 7 million
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) - 25 million

ouch...

still not looking good for battyfield.

:cool:

Comments

• renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    battlefield is mainly a pc game so the ps3 n 360 results dont show nunin lol cod prob still outsells it easy but i wouldnt compare console sales of a pc game
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wii Sports - 76.39 million
    Wii Play - 28.15 miliion
    Mario Kart Wii - 26.65 million
    Nintendogs - 24.06
    Wii Fit - 22.71 million

seems like these game are all "better" than COD
  • renagade410.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as far as the actual game i have played all cods since mw....i only have battlefield 2 and i do enjoy the campaign havnt tested the multiplayer but i was in the beta for it and DID NOT like it(i heard the actual game was an improvement tho)

so as far as campaigns to be honest i couldnt say which i prefer....i havnt beaten battlifield bc 2 yet so i cant give it a fair review but it was on par with the best cod titles and i do like the fact that building will get destroyed if hit with the right weapons(in real gameplay not a cheesy cod cutscene)

multiplayer is prob what most ppl judge this on....for me i'll like whatever one doesnt lag every cod has lagged for me and while that is partially my internet being slow i have never experienced lag in killzoe or resistance 2 therefore i played those more than cod

end of the day its all preference bfbc stans need to realize that yes cod sold alot and while that doesn't automatically make it a better game your not gonna sell that many copies unless something is better about it(i mean isnt that the point of making games anyway...catering to the consumer=more money)....and cod fanboys need to realize just because cod sells more does not mean it has the better anything except marketability.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Wii Play - 28.15 miliion
    Nintendogs - 24.06
    Wii Fit - 22.71 million

pretty much... numbers DO NOT tell the WHOLE story.
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lmfao @ this thread

what a joke
  • renagade410.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wii Play - 28.15 miliion
    Nintendogs - 24.06
    Wii Fit - 22.71 million

/thread.........
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wii Play - 28.15 miliion
    Nintendogs - 24.06
    Wii Fit - 22.71 million

delusion is clouding your judgement joshua.

i said and i quote "being that both these games are of the same genre, and aimed at the same demographic"

wii fit games are'nt the same genre nor aimed at the same demographic.

its like comparing apples to oranges.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as far as the actual game i have played all cods since mw....i only have battlefield 2 and i do enjoy the campaign havnt tested the multiplayer but i was in the beta for it and DID NOT like it(i heard the actual game was an improvement tho)

so as far as campaigns to be honest i couldnt say which i prefer....i havnt beaten battlifield bc 2 yet so i cant give it a fair review but it was on par with the best cod titles and i do like the fact that building will get destroyed if hit with the right weapons(in real gameplay not a cheesy cod cutscene)

multiplayer is prob what most ppl judge this on....for me i'll like whatever one doesnt lag every cod has lagged for me and while that is partially my internet being slow i have never experienced lag in killzoe or resistance 2 therefore i played those more than cod

end of the day its all preference bfbc stans need to realize that yes cod sold alot and while that doesn't automatically make it a better game your not gonna sell that many copies unless something is better about it(i mean isnt that the point of making games anyway...catering to the consumer=more money)....and cod fanboys need to realize just because cod sells more does not mean it has the better anything except marketability.

I actually preferred the campaign in 1 over 2.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2011
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    pretty much... numbers DO NOT tell the WHOLE story.

"arcade posters are victims of subliminal programming, its affected their mind and thoughts so much tha the simplest equations go way over their head."

the act of equating or making equal; equalization: the symbolic equation of darkness with death.
    equally balanced state; equilibrium.
    Mathematics . an expression or a proposition, often algebraic, asserting the equality of two quantities.
    Chemistry . a symbolic representation showing the kind and amount of the starting materials and products of a reaction.
    Mathematics . an expression or a proposition, often algebraic, asserting the equality of two quantities.
    Chemistry . a symbolic representation showing the kind and amount of the starting materials and products of a reaction

let me break this down for you...

the more a fps title sells = the more popular it is = the more people think its better than its rivals

why is that so hard ?

cod = most popular = best

men lie, women lie, numbers dont.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    delusion is clouding your judgement joshua.

i said and i quote "being that both these games are of the same genre, and aimed at the same demographic"

wii fit games are'nt the same genre nor aimed at the same demographic.

its like comparing apples to oranges.

What exactly? Because one game has certain elements I think the other is lacking? I've played both series and I give the edge to Battlefield because of the destructible environents and use of vehicles. But Battlefield is a harder game because it requires teamwork and a lot of strategy as opposed to COD.

People that are familiar with combat would prefer this style as well too.

COD is more fun because you can just jump in and play (not too much communication is needed).

I have COD4:MW, COD:WAW, COD:MW2, BFBC1 and BFBC2. The only one I haven't played was COD:? Ops and that is because I was let down by MW2 and ? Ops got lower scores all around than MW2. I held off on getting it until player reports came in (I bought MW2 at launch) and that convinced me not to get it. My favourtite MP-wise is COD4 and campaign-wise is BFBC1.

But I still believe that Battlefield is the better game.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "arcade posters are victims of subliminal programming, its affected their mind and thoughts so much tha the simplest equations go way over their head."

the act of equating or making equal; equalization: the symbolic equation of darkness with death.
    equally balanced state; equilibrium.
    Chemistry . a symbolic representation showing the kind and amount of the starting materials and products of a reaction.
    Chemistry . a symbolic representation showing the kind and amount of the starting materials and products of a reaction

let me break this down for you...

the more a fps title sells = the more popular it is = the more people think its better than its rivals

why is that so hard ?

cod = most popular = best

men lie, women lie, numbers dont.

No, that just means you go by what people think and are unable to make a decision for yourself.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, that just means you go by what people think and are unable to make a decision for yourself.

what difference does my opnion make ?

i have my opinion, and i agree with the general consensus.

but either way...the numbers still dont lie.

battlefield is not in the same league, never has been and never will be.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Watch ? get mad lol*

Yep, you right, sales equals what object is better. That's why we all know that 360 is better than PS3. Both systems are marketed to the same audience, and the multiplats 9/10 sell more on 360. I mean, the Wii is better than both of them, but whatever. [Insert that ? Jay-Z "Men lie, Women lie, blah blah blah" statement]

Halo> MGS
    Gears>MGS
    Halo & Gears> All PS3 exclusives combined

Wait, what?

On a sidenote, lol @ KZ3 not reaching 1 million copies sold in the U.S. yet.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what difference does my opnion make ?

i have my opinion, and i agree with the general consensus.

but either way...the numbers still dont lie.

battlefield is not in the same league, never has been and never will be.

So Spliff............you finally ready to admit that FIFA is better than PES now!!!

GotchaKou.png
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    that's cause the game is a shadow of it's former self...
    how the hell you do everything right for two games then all the sudden you ? up a working formula?
    ? hurt my heart man.

Oh and ? you.

Y u mad tho? lol (I bought KZ3 :( )

On another sidenote, I really don't give a ? which one of these sells more because I will be buying the one I like regardless.

What happened to that Gt5 challenge yall were doing?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Y u mad tho? lol (I bought KZ3 :( )

On another sidenote, I really don't give a ? which one of these sells more because I will be buying the one I like regardless.

What happened to that Gt5 challenge yall were doing?

I'm gonna try and put up some later or tomorrow. I don't game much on weekends.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • samkaveli
    samkaveli Members Posts: 572
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Call of duty all the way BF is cool but is Nothing compared to COD.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? like you, use this same logic when debating the Nas Jay-Z beef...

you use Jay's sales instead of who lyrically slayed who.
    Ok COD sold more, does that mean it's the better game, of course not, they just have a better marketing team and more money to sway reviewers.

just cause the game don't look as wet as COD doesn't mean its bad.

Stop with this ? Number's Don't lie scapegoat, ? who actually have an open mind know the difference between what they like and what they are told to like.
    ? Sheep.

this thread is a direct response to your...rest in peace cod thread, lol

n no...

jay n nas are both in the same league musically...both have classic albums n a big impact.

nas got at him on ether...but what does 1 diss track have to do album sales ?

u arcade fanboys are losing your marbles
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So Spliff............you finally ready to admit that FIFA is better than PES now!!!

I see Spliff ignored this comment
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no your Numbers don't lie argument is pathetic, all you do is ? about graphics, some of the best games ever made don't have high sale numbers, but yet that ? don't apply to FPS's?
    FOH.

if you gon formulate an arugment then perhaps you try to make this discussion about content.... you know like my thread was geared towards.

i guess using your logic, D'angelo would be considered the least talented musician compared to Trey Songz huh?

57.4 million for cod on ps3 n 360 so far...

wow.