Why do many blacks overlook Arab's enslaving Africans longer than Europeans did

Options
Rhymesfinest
Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Also taking into account how whites actually freed blacks from slavery and faught a civil war to stop slavery yet Arab's enslaved African people for a longer time than Europeans did and enslaved them way before Europeans did

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You would think our white washed history text would talk about dis ?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Arabs werent the enslavers as much as they were the traders. Arabs, Africans, European Jews and Christians were all involved in the slave trade.

There were no chattel slavery societies set up by the Arabs.

The biggest slave traders in the Western Hemisphere were the Jews, in Europe it was the Radanites who were able to move among Christians and Muslims who were at odds with each other.

It is not really accurate that whites freed blacks from slavery. The war was not for the benefit of Blacks, it was fought by the North to ? the south economically. The South still wanted to continue slavery. Sharecropping and the dismantling of the gains of the reconstruction era through the Compromise of 1877 put us back on the plantation.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You would think our white washed history text would talk about dis ?

To be fair a lotta blacks are aware of Arab's historically enslaving blacks and obviously are not pleased but at the same time a lotta people brush it under the carpet
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't give Arabs a pass at all. But let's be real, Africans traded slaves with these Arabs too.

It was a two way street, almost exactly the same as Africans trading African slaves with Europeans. I'm not mad about slavery per se, I'm more mad at how crackas treated Blacks during slavery and after it. The history of white people disgusts and sickens me, and many Arabs are white.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't give Arabs a pass at all. But let's be real, Africans traded slaves with these Arabs too.

It was a two way street, almost exactly the same as Africans trading African slaves with Europeans. I'm not mad about slavery per se, I'm more mad at how crackas treated Blacks during slavery and after it. The history of white people disgusts and sickens me, and many Arabs are white.

And what about how Arab's treated Africans during slavery? you think things like ? , murder, torture didn't take place?

Let's look at how many whites ownded slaves compared to those that didn't you gotta look at the whole picture
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why pretend as if people weren't enslaving the ? out of eachother back in those days? maybe you havent noticed but from Mali to Morocco, africans/arabs were trading slaves like no other, in fact Mali is well known for having the most highly educated slaves in the world back in the 14th century. Its also really ignorant to say 'arabs enslaved africans' because many arabs are african, many arabs adapted african culture and vice versa, bedouins were ? with nubians thousands of years ago and a thousand years ago, so many different langueges/cultures emerged from just several different houses/families etc who the ? are you telling them what they are.

slavery was normal. many morocans traded european(french) slaves with the malians. pick up a random 1000 year old log book/personal work of people living in africa/asia back in those days and you will find out that most people of status(ranging from judges to tradesmen) had slaves, even simple business man had life long servants. If you were a man and you had it made back in the day, you would probably own slaves....if you met a ruler and he liked your style he would give you some slaves just cause.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And what about how Arab's treated Africans during slavery? you think things like ? , murder, torture didn't take place?

Let's look at how many whites ownded slaves compared to those that didn't you gotta look at the whole picture

Very good point. I'm very aware of the evil things some Arabs did to African slaves. It happens in the Sudan supposedly to this day, and I've heard stories of Arabs ? African women for the sole purpose of creating a lighter skinned child. Some of them would than mutilate the ? , so she wouldn't have any dark skin children. Trust me I'm very aware of the evil some Arabs have inflicted upon Africans, and many others are too. For that reason, you don't see many Blacks standing up for the Palestinians, as some other White folk do at times. In the long run though, I think Whites have done more damage to Black African societies than Arabs have, and I guess that's why I'm less likely to hate on them.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very good point. I'm very aware of the evil things some Arabs did to African slaves. It happens in the Sudan supposedly to this day, and I've heard stories of Arabs ? African women for the sole purpose of creating a lighter skinned child. Some of them would than mutilate the ? , so she wouldn't have any dark skin children. Trust me I'm very aware of the evil some Arabs have inflicted upon Africans, and many others are too. For that reason, you don't see many Blacks standing up for the Palestinians, as some other White folk do at times. In the long run though, I think Whites have done more damage to Black African societies than Arabs have, and I guess that's why I'm less likely to hate on them.

Yeah, but those you would label as Arabs in the Sudan are Black people. They only identify with Arabs because they speak the language and mixed with them somewhat. The people in the south are jet black, while those in the North range from jet black caramel colored. They look like us in the US.

It is the same dynamic with the light skin/dark skin issue.

omar_hassan_al-bashir.jpg
    Omar Bashir - North

john%20garang%20sm.jpg
    John Garang - South

These are Black men. Not white Arabs.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Why pretend as if people weren't enslaving the ? out of eachother back in those days? maybe you havent noticed but from Mali to Morocco, africans/arabs were trading slaves like no other, in fact Mali is well known for having the most highly educated slaves in the world back in the 14th century. Its also really ignorant to say 'arabs enslaved africans' because many arabs are african, many arabs adapted african culture and vice versa, bedouins were ? with nubians thousands of years ago and a thousand years ago, so many different langueges/cultures emerged from just several different houses/families etc who the ? are you telling them what they are.

slavery was normal. many morocans traded european(french) slaves with the malians. pick up a random 1000 year old log book/personal work of people living in africa/asia back in those days and you will find out that most people of status(ranging from judges to tradesmen) had slaves, even simple business man had life long servants. If you were a man and you had it made back in the day, you would probably own slaves....if you met a ruler and he liked your style he would give you some slaves just cause.

One big elaborate excuse, your no different from themcrackas who say ? like 'Well you sold your own people to slavery, it isn't our fault'.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    because blaccs are nice goodhearted ppl they try to overlook what arabs and them demon craccers did to em.
    they almost succeed overlookin what arabs did becos thats not in recent memory
    but what them pale cavedevils did to em shouldnt be forgotten untill we live in a happy craccer free world
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Yeah, but those you would label as Arabs in the Sudan are Black people. They only identify with Arabs because they speak the language and mixed with them somewhat. The people in the south are jet black, while those in the North range from jet black caramel colored. They look like us in the US.

It is the same dynamic with the light skin/dark skin issue.

omar_hassan_al-bashir.jpg
    Omar Bashir - North

john%20garang%20sm.jpg
    John Garang - South

These are Black men. Not white Arabs.

Ah, I always thought some in the Sudan were white or light skinned Arabs. Thanks for the history lesson.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Also taking into account how whites actually freed blacks from slavery and faught a civil war to stop slavery yet Arab's enslaved African people for a longer time than Europeans did and enslaved them way before Europeans did

lol smh wow dont u know that WHITEZ r da 1z that had blkz as slavez n emerica....therr is no arabz n EMERICA wit blk slavez so thatz y me bein blk n EMERICA is mo worried about WHITE RACIST REDNECKZ!
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Is this supposed to get white people off the hook? If so, it's not working whatsoever.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

1 the civil war wasn't fought to free slaves and slaves were only freed so the note can be introduced

many blacks aren't focused on what didn't take place here on American soil, no reason too.....when you gotta deal with discrimination right in ya face

so whites posed to be overlooked because of what someone did before them, uhh no......ever heard the saying "TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Blacks don't overlook it. It's just that most people who complain about slavery are African Americans and African Americans were slaves to Europeans not Arabs.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well, by blacks im assuming you mean african AMERICANS....

if thats the case, then its because african AMERICANS werent enslaved by arabs. we were enslaved by white, european-AMERICANS. so our primary beef lies there and not with the arabs.
  • 1stworldoffreedom
    1stworldoffreedom Members Posts: 3
    Options
    @b*brazeb*braze Slaver was and is a world issue not just USA it been going on since people want power Jews were slaves to the Egypt building the pyramids. And yes African Americans were taken by the blacks and Arabs sold to the whites taken to Islands in the Caribbean to be trained in the ways of being a house servant. Islands means they can't run away. I myself come from a mix heritage Irish, Scottish, German, Navaho(American Indian), African American. My grandmother- grandfather found a black women and took her as his wife he was a Navaho Indian they had six children, my grandmother said little grandma was very happy....
  • 1stworldoffreedom
    1stworldoffreedom Members Posts: 3
    Options
    @The BAPHOMET 500,000 white men kissed their wives and kids good bye to help gods creatures that they believed to be free. like John Brown (May 9, 1800 – December 2, 1859) who was hug for killing slave owners and even adopted a Black child and raised him as his own son. You sir soil the name of your family. I remember what my grandmother said, "bigotry is color blind for common scene has left a person to fear which leads to hate and hate is in every heart, just like love is, but which one do you wish to feed...."
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arabs are white.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    @b*brazeb*braze Slaver was and is a world issue not just USA it been going on since people want power Jews were slaves to the Egypt building the pyramids. And yes African Americans were taken by the blacks and Arabs sold to the whites taken to Islands in the Caribbean to be trained in the ways of being a house servant. Islands means they can't run away. I myself come from a mix heritage Irish, Scottish, German, Navaho(American Indian), African American. My grandmother- grandfather found a black women and took her as his wife he was a Navaho Indian they had six children, my grandmother said little grandma was very happy....
    ...and the thread's from April 2011. make another one if you want to ramble.
This discussion has been closed.