Kareem abdul jabbar was not only more dominant than jordan, but more revolutionary.

Options

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem wasnt even the best player on all his championship teams lol
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem has been dominant his entire basketball playing career, and don't give me no ? that dean smith held jordan back BOY.

Jordan from an individual standpoint has to
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't most of y'all points on Kareem skooled me up... People don't appreciate Kareem.. but why can't Kobe at least be the 2nd best, I know MJ stans don't even wanna here Kobe's name right now.. but here's my top 3

MJ
    Kobe
    Kareem

Fucc the haters
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't most of y'all points on Kareem skooled me up... People don't appreciate Kareem.. but why can't Kobe at least be the 2nd best, I know MJ stans don't even wanna here Kobe's name right now.. but here's my top 3

MJ
    Kobe
    Kareem

Fucc the haters
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options

MJ
    Kobe
    Kareem

Fucc the haters
    What about Magic Johnson?
  • Robert TOWNsend
    Robert TOWNsend Members Posts: 1,275
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In college kareem won three national champion ships with 88 wins and 2 losses, in high school his team won 71 straight games, while jordan was cut from his team :(.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree somewhat, Jordans first 3 teams he faced in the finals were great, the last 3 was average. But just because Kareem had better competetion that makes him better?

Jordan's teams were just as stacked when compared to the teams they were facing. The difference with Kareem's teams is they were playing equal competition. Jordan had the only stacked team when they dominated. Jordan had 2 of the best defenders ever, 3 Hall of famers and all 3 were 3 of the greatest defenders ever in the league and one was also the greatest rebounder. Who they play in the finals that compares? You say Jordan is better than so many people who won rings without teams so stacked and who faced better competition. Don't try and flip the argument now.

Jordan didn't beat any great teams. His accomplishments are not nearly as impressive as Kareem's.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In college kareem won three national champion ships with 88 wins and 2 losses, in high school his team won 71 straight games, while jordan was cut from his team :(.

One of the most stacked college teams ever,and the GOAT coach
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Jordan's teams were just as stacked when compared to the teams they were facing. The difference with Kareem's teams is they were playing equal competition. Jordan had the only stacked team when they dominated. Jordan had 2 of the best defenders ever, 3 Hall of famers and all 3 were 3 of the greatest defenders ever in the league and one was also the greatest rebounder. You say Jordan is better than so many people who won rings without teams so stacked and who faced better competition. Don't try and flip the argument now.

Jordan didn't beat any great teams. His accomplishments are not nearly as impressive as Kareem's.

How are they not as impressive? Jordan 3peated twice and was the best player on ALL of his championship teams, and a better finals Performer.
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    One of the most stacked college teams ever,and the GOAT coach

Dont quote me
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    keep your bs replies to one post. nobody going to quote 5 posts of yours and reply. and your ? is already stupid on top of that.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How are they not as impressive? Jordan 3peated twice and was the best player on ALL of his championship teams, and a better finals Performer.

Dont respond to my facts and questions with questions. Reply with an answer or concede the point and then you may ask me a question.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You also said forget about stats, then post jordan stats and got your point sonned badly. And will you prove the bold? If so, you have won only one part of your argument out of about 10.

Jordan = 27.91 Kareem = 24.58. I still don't see how Kareem averaging 27.5 15 and 4 over 10 yrs at center is far and away more dominant than Jordan averaging 30+ 7 and 6 over the same time period at guard.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kareem's not a better Finals performer then shaq, much less Jordan
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    because jordan did it as a guard and not some 7ft ? that also got carried to championships once the greatest PG of all time arrived on his team.

Jordan would have 8 rings if he didnt retire. FACT.

thread is now solidified.

Where's tom? I need my cosign

How can you say something is a fact that never happened?
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jordan = 27.91 Kareem = 24.58. I still don't see how Kareem averaging 27.5 15 and 4 over 10 yrs at center is far and away more dominant than Jordan averaging 30+ 7 and 6 over the same time period at guard.

8 more rebounds with only 2 less assists? word? Not to mention way more blocks and kareem's assists, higher fg %.
    Can you explain how jordan is better defensively yet kareem and PIPPEN have high defensive win shares in the playoffs and regular season? Oh wait, you can't
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wonder if these guys actually watched Kareem play to say Jordan was better. What 2 guard was there to ever even defend mike in the 90s.....Mitch Richmond was one of the toughest ? Mike played against, and he played on a ? awful team....Even Reggie miller stated ? were just scared to play that ? ...kareems Skyhook is the most unfuckwitable shot in history. Kareem was a winner the minute he entered the league. Jordan took years to get that 15 ft jumper and was basically lebron coming into the league. He was selfish and his teammates hated his ass. Jordan was basically the ? commisioner of the league in the 90s.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options

Again. Who did he beat in the finals that compares to Kareem's competition?

Its a lot easier to dominate a finals against this ?

MajerleDan9293UpperDeck.jpg

Than these ?

85-celtics1.jpg?w=282&h=212

Who team was really stacked Spacejam?
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Again. Who did he beat in the finals?

Than these ?

Maybe clyde drexler was his most difficult matchup...But there werent two many 2 guards poppin at the time. Mitch richmond, Reggie Miller?
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Skill wise magic was better overall than Jordan......
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Maybe clyde drexler was his most difficult matchup...But there werent two many 2 guards poppin at the time. Mitch richmond, Reggie Miller?

Mitch richmond was an offensive player and reggie was a ? jump shooter. People act like "oh these people scored in jordan's era, so they must have been good defensive players", ? is dumb.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Again. Who did he beat in the finals that compares to Kareem's competition?

Than these ?

Who team was really stacked Spacejam?

Jordans first 3 finals team opponents were good, after that it fell off.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mitch richmond was an offensive player and reggie was a ? jump shooter. People act like "oh these people scored in jordan's era, so they must have been good defensive players", ? is dumb.

Trust me, it only because they gotta pay so much for his sneakers. I dont think some of these dudes were alive to know he didnt have much as far as competition at his position towards the end of his career after all the great players got older....There was larry and Magic that put energy back into the league, the Pistons...and when they were done The bulls took over....But Mike did beat and old magic and an older pistons team...after they humbled his ass
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Trust me, it only because they gotta pay so much for his sneakers. I dont think some of these dudes were alive to know he didnt have much as far as competition at his position towards the end of his career after all the great players got older....There was larry and Magic that put energy back into the league, the Pistons...and when they were done The bulls took over....But Mike did beat and old magic and an older pistons team...after they humbled his ass

Magic was old in 91?He was coming off back to back MVPS and was the 2nd best player in the NBA, The pistons were coming off bakc to back NBA Finals(Isiah was 30 in 91', dumars 28).
  • Robert TOWNsend
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Magic was old in 91?He was coming off back to back MVPS and was the 2nd best player in the NBA, The pistons were coming off bakc to back NBA Finals(Isiah was 30 in 91', dumars 28).

? he retired after the finals because of ? , he had the illness your ? .