Charles Barkley rips Heat, fans

Options
northside7
northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Charles Barkley lobbed another verbal salvo on Wednesday in his war of words with the Miami Heat and their fans.

When asked if Miami is the worst professional sports town, Barkley, who reiterated his admiration of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, said: "Yeah they have the worst fans. No question. It's not even loud in there. You're at the game and you are like, 'Man this place isn't even loud.' At least when you go to Chicago, it's loud in there, it's crazy down in Dallas but it's not even loud in Miami."

When the Heat were playing the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference finals, Barkley said he liked James and Wade personally, but he called the Heat a "whiny bunch." He didn't back off that charge on Wednesday when he was a guest on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000.

"Listen, if the Miami Heat were playing the Washington Generals I would pick the Washington Generals," Barkley said with a chuckle. "It's something about that team that annoys me.

"They just a whiny bunch and I can't root for them."

Heat fans let Barkley know they weren't happy with his criticism. In fact, TNT moved its set for pregame shows during coverage of the conference finals from outside American Airlines Arena to inside because of negative interaction between Barkley and fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6642006

Comments

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Waits for a the gobblers to come in.....

Charles Barkley has no idea WTF hes talking about
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    thats because heat fans arent real fans. 82% are bandwagon fans that disappeared after their first championship.
    heat didnt even sell out during the season a lot of times. They are mostly old whites and wannabe hip lames who wear sunglasses in clubs and all that ? .
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    thats because heat fans arent real fans. 82% are bandwagon fans that disappeared after their first championship.
    heat didnt even sell out during the season a lot of times. They are mostly old whites and wannabe hip lames who wear sunglasses in clubs and all that ? .

Miami doesn't really seem to be a basketball city..
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Miami doesn't really seem to be a basketball city..

florida in general is a football state, but charles aint lieing...miami just isnt a bball town
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "shhhhhhhhhhhhhh....You hear that??? Thats the sound when you throw charles barkleys championship rings on the table"
  • Hotnikelz
    Hotnikelz Members Posts: 430
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "shhhhhhhhhhhhhh....You hear that??? Thats the sound when you throw charles barkleys championship rings on the table"

well ? ....
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? funny.. no further comment on this topic.. but ill watch the comedy that ensues..
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • bigrizz
    edited June 2011
    Options

Whats that got to do with what he said.......someone bringing emotion into this....But i guess a bandwagon fan would know more about the league than someone who played in and covers the game.....
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Whats that got to do with what he said.......someone bringing emotion into this....But i guess a bandwagon fan would know more about the league than someone who played in and covers the game.....
    why would you be emotional lizz?
  • bigrizz
    edited June 2011
    Options

Im not. You brought the amount of rings an old retired player has into a thread about players being whiny and their fans bandwagonish....Not too of topic...If their wasnt some truth to it, you wouldnt even care about another mans opinion....
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im not. You brought the amount of rings an old retired player has into a thread about players being whiny and their fans bandwagonish....Not too of topic...If their wasnt some truth to it, you wouldnt even care about another mans opinion....
    LOL I posted something related to Barkley. Barkley ironically has a problem with Lebron because he's cocky and hasnt won anything. He celebrated on a stage and hadnt won a ring, yet Charles talks hella ? and never won anything. Its just ironic. So whenever he runs his mouth, the rings he lacks will get brought into the conversation.

and u got emotional because u felt the need to respond to my post and slanderously say i got emotional, when im just replying to the thread like everyone else.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, they wouldn't be the Heat if they had fans.
  • bigrizz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL I posted something related to Barkley. Barkley ironically has a problem with Lebron because he's cocky and hasnt won anything. He celebrated on a stage and hadnt won a ring, yet Charles talks hella ? and never won anything. Its just ironic. So whenever he runs his mouth, the rings he lacks will get brought into the conversation.

and u got emotional because u felt the need to respond to my post and slanderously say i got emotional, when im just replying to the thread like everyone else.

See how you made the bolded up? Thats an emotional reaction. Hes never said that in any way shape or form....
    And its not about Barkley. Its about comments he made. What did how many rings he has got to do with his opinion on an NBA team, which you happen to cape for? And at the beginning of the article im sure he says he was no personal issue wit either of them.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited June 2011
    Options
    See how you made the bolded up? Thats an emotional reaction. Hes never said that in any way shape or form....
    And its not about Barkley. Its about comments he made. What did how many rings he has got to do with his opinion on an NBA team, which you happen to cape for? And at the beginning of the article im sure he says he was no personal issue wit either of them.
    Barkley has made countless comments about him sayin the celebration was "stupid"
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    florida in general is a football state, but charles aint lieing...miami just isnt a bball town

College maybe. Bucs and Jags attendance is low as hell. I dunno about Miami though
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fans in Miami are generally wack and the Heat are a whiny bunch. I've heard D. Wade make a few unsolicited comments about being the "hated" team and about fans fo/fnd joy in Miam's sorrows at different times. Furthermore, Lebron and Wade are starting to raise the bar to Paul Pierce standards when it comes to acting. That last part isn't necessarily what Barkley was speaking of but it's another source of distatste regarding their approach.

Don't focus on who said it, just take the statement for what it is.
  • the_apprentice
    the_apprentice Members Posts: 156
    edited June 2011
    Options

Ha!

*DEAD*

Options
    Barkley has made countless comments about him sayin the celebration was "stupid"

So what do he say there that wasnt true.....their own coach said they were ? CRYING After a regular season game!!!!!!!!
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So what do he say there that wasnt true.....their own coach said they were ? CRYING After a regular season game!!!!!!!!
    The point is what i said was true LOL. You're an idiot man.
  • bigrizz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The point is what i said was true LOL. You're an idiot man.

Still dont see where he called him cocky, but ok. Telling them to stop crying when they are the ones that put that out their is more his point...And hes right. Still dont see where him not having rings would change that. You are full of ? if 90 percent of the league thought that was some lame ? . You are clearly more interested about who says the comment than addressing if they are true or not.....

But what should be expected at this point.....