revisionist history

Options

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Never knew people hated Hell on Earth...

That's one of my favorite 90s Rap albums
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    BIG had the East on lock, but people were checking for Wu and Boot Camp Click too. A lot of Hip Hop purists didnt ? with BIG and were heavy into BCC, Wu, Jeru, Gangstarr & Mobb Deep. Even back then people hated Puff for stealing/ sampling and watering down the music.

Puff had the East on Lock. And the Rest is truth. I didn't ? with Big. I felt and still feel he was a Pop act. Not by his own doing but that's what Puff wanted. Puff came from an R&B back ground. Puff found a talented MC to do what Father MC couldn't. Puff already had the formula and Blueprint.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Keep it True fam. ? was checking Foxxy for her lyrics. Cut it out.

you just proved my point. jay was writing her lyrics that you just said everybody was checking for. thus why my statement about him being directly related to her success is fact.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options

i work with a big mobb deep fan that to this day still hates hell on earth.

96 was the year of the disappointing second lps.

snoop- daoggfather
    nas- it was written
    mobb deep- hell on earth

only two of those albums got better acclaim as the years went by.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Revisionist History at it's finest. Jay couldn't even make himself popular. Cut it out.

whats false about that statement. foxy was famous for being the chik that ran with jay
  • lamontbdc
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    yeah ill and al scratch, boot camp click all had a lil run between 94-97. yeah biggie's appearance on flava in ya ear was legendary that helped his buzz out a lot too.

that remix resurrected LL cool J big time

folks were disgusted with the doggfather i
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    that remix resurrected LL cool J big time

folks were disgusted with the doggfather i

oh yea that too even though his verse was wack
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Generally anything about these dead rappers, especially Big L. ? act like he didn't drop the mediocre debut album, yet they yap like he would be running the rap game, ? would be Budden status if he was alive. Yeah i said it!
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ibedamned wrote: »
    envy? nobody even dissed pac, nobody said hes wack or terrible. How old were you when pac died because were all stating our observations and giving examples we remember, you meanwhile....

i was 13 when he died....i remember what was going on during that time, im just laughing at yall opinions on the subject...smh carry on
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    whats false about that statement. foxy was famous for being the chik that ran with jay

Foxxy made her name rhyming with LL on I Shot ya.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Whats crazy about Hell on Earth is that it has the exact same vibe as The Infamous. If you played them back to back you wouldnt know why fans hated it.
  • ibedamned
    edited June 2011
    Options
    True Biggie was one of the few that hit big with his 1st single and just took off from there. You had folks like Jeru, AZ, Onyx, and even Nice and smooth dropping heat but weren't really huge or even that successful at the time.

I got 2 more one is from yoru thread yesterday

But I think folks are missing exactly how big of a deal snoop was when he dropped.

and Mc Hammer was that ? for a minute. It wasn't just a one hit wonder
    This is true, snoop was a big ? deal when he dropped, specially afther that deep cover joint, everybody wanted to know who he was. and ? wasnt wearing hammer pants for no one hit wonder, dude had hits, cant lie.
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Generally anything about these dead rappers, especially Big L. ? act like he didn't drop the mediocre debut album, yet they yap like he would be running the rap game, ? would be Budden status if he was alive. Yeah i said it!

i think big l was just starting to get his buzz up when he died.
  • ibedamned
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »
    i was 13 when he died....i remember what was going on during that time, im just laughing at yall opinions on the subject...smh carry on

i was 16, so what is per se inaccurate, pac wasnt the mesiah of rap as hes percieved today. people werent sitting around waiting on him to save the race, he wasnt seen as this overly concious rapper untill he died, until his fans took that ? to the next level.
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    y'all are the ones that said this was some type of undercover hate, that is not even true, y'all are seeing something that isn't there.
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fazeem blackall soloman wrote the following

? yo thread and miss jamacia is a ?
  • ibedamned
    edited June 2011
    Options
    y'all are the ones that said this was some type of undercover hate, that is not even true, y'all are seeing something that isn't there.

this is what im saying, ppl are only stating their views of the situation, not hating. No one has called anybody wack, just that their current vibe is different than what it seemed to be back then.
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this is what im saying, ppl are only stating their views of the situation, not hating. No one has called anybody wack, just that their current vibe is different than what it seemed to be back then.

exactly they came in here feeling upset for no reason.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fazeem blackall soloman wrote the following

? yo thread and miss jamacia is a ?

Fazeem thinks its still 1996 and is a consistent ridah for Pac. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a yearly trip to BIG's grave just to ? on it.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

That would be cool with me, i would have still supported him, being that i support Budden

And plus he was supposed to sign with the Roc a week before he got murdered, so who knows?

Let 'em have it L! lol
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fazeem thinks its still 1996 and is a consistent ridah for Pac. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a yearly trip to BIG's grave just to ? on it.

he does that with most of my threads these days yet "he never catches feelings" and he "makes people catch feelings"
  • lamontbdc
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is true, snoop was a big ? deal when he dropped, specially afther that deep cover joint, everybody wanted to know who he was. and ? wasnt wearing hammer pants for no one hit wonder, dude had hits, cant lie.

my cousin used to be hammer i was the hype man and our sister's was oak town 357 and we use to b in the living room dancing like hammer re making his videos.

hammer was that dude til vanilla ice came out then folks were like hold up this wack a vanilla ice is just a bootleg version of hammer. So after folks came after ice then went in on hammer. it was mostly the east coast rappers. then cube dissed hammer and it was a rap.

and i'm still not sure that we have seen one rapper have as big a solo buzz as snoop when he was dropping. when deep cover came out that ? didn't sounds like anything ever heard in hip hop we had ever heard.

naughty by nature is severely overlooked as well. they had kinda lackluster albums but them dudes had like 4/5 major hits. Every album they had a hit
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i was 16, so what is per se inaccurate, pac wasnt the mesiah of rap as hes percieved today. people werent sitting around waiting on him to save the race, he wasnt seen as this overly concious rapper untill he died, until his fans took that ? to the next level.

right he wasn't, but he was one of the main faces in hiphop that was always being talked whether good or bad, save the race? of course not, but it wasn't like he wasn't out here trying to make a difference, two of older brother(R.I.P) homeboys was in his "A Place Called Home" charity foundation and was until he passed....overly conscious....right he wasn't no Chuck D, but he was conscious nonetheless....some of songs prove that
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my cousin used to be hammer i was the hype man and our sister's was oak town 357 and we use to b in the living room dancing like hammer re making his videos.

hammer was that dude til vanilla ice came out then folks were like hold up this wack a vanilla ice is just a bootleg version of hammer. So after folks came after ice then went in on hammer. it was mostly the east coast rappers. then cube dissed hammer and it was a rap.

and i'm still not sure that we have seen one rapper have as big a solo buzz as snoop when he was dropping. when deep cover came out that ? didn't sounds like anything ever heard in hip hop we had ever heard.

naughty by nature is severely overlooked as well. they had kinda lackluster albums but them dudes had like 4/5 major hits. Every album they had a hit

living in new jersey i was never a big fan of theirs but they always had a movement popping.
  • ibedamned
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »
    right he wasn't, but he was one of the main faces in hiphop that was always being talked whether good or bad, save the race? of course not, but it wasn't like he wasn't out here trying to make a difference, two of older brother(R.I.P) homeboys was in his "A Place Called Home" charity foundation and was until he passed....overly conscious....right he wasn't no Chuck D, but he was conscious nonetheless....some of songs prove that

i cant argue with anything you said. Good points, I mainly have a problem with pac fans that cant face reality. they act like if pac was around he'd be obama or some ? .