Rick Ross better get used to these numbers

Options
qtipp73
qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Reason
MMG Vol.1 sits at around 105k sold in its first month in stores.

Realistically thats probably the highest any member will ever do total. Triple C's did 12k so Ross dropped them ? and tried these new ? .

The fact of the matter is a gold selling rapper will NEVER EVER have a successful record label when they aint even that popular themselves.

My prediction is MMG will be shut down within the next 18 months due to financial constraints on Ross pockets.

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ross never dropped triple c's tho..
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is Rick Ross going to be in every group on his label like Master P used to?
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh @ this b.s if ross dropped triple c's how come every member of triple c's (cept breed) on self made?
    tsk tsk 105k for a compiliation filled wiv nobodies? WINNIN!!!!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    MMG Vol.1 sits at around 105k sold in its first month in stores.

Realistically thats probably the highest any member will ever do total. Triple C's did 12k so Ross dropped them ? and tried these new ? .

The fact of the matter is a gold selling rapper will NEVER EVER have a successful record label when they aint even that popular themselves.

My prediction is MMG will be shut down within the next 18 months due to financial constraints on Ross pockets.

That was my main point in various threads made on this site...which is if sales dont get better it shoulndt shock anyone to see Warner Bros let MMG go.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MrCrafty wrote: »
    smh @ this b.s if ross dropped triple c's how come every member of triple c's (cept breed) on self made?
    tsk tsk 105k for a compiliation filled wiv nobodies? WINNIN!!!!

Maybach Music major moves...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    That was my main point in various threads made on this site...which is if sales dont get better it shoulndt shock anyone to see Warner Bros let MMG go.

lol you act like they put millions into promoting and making that ? , they prolly made a killing off that 105k so far
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    exactly, prolly got deals on all dem beats, who knows if they even had to pay for a feature, and its a compilation album that they finished in one month...
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    some of u ? is dumb as ? .

tell me what record label can continually sell 100k records total and still be profitable

dont worry I'll wait..........................
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    some of u ? is dumb as ? .

tell me what record label can continually sell 100k records total and still be profitable

dont worry I'll wait..........................

Preach......they dont hear you though...Rick Ross as a solo artist is the only person they can make money on.
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol you act like they put millions into promoting and making that ? , they prolly made a killing off that 105k so far

Word it got alot more promotion via magazine covers (Vibe, Complex) 106 and Park, Summer Jam all the late night talk shows made radio play and interviews etc etc etc... So I say it did got alot of promo
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Word it got alot more promotion via magazine covers (Vibe, Complex) 106 and Park, Summer Jam all the late night talk shows made radio play and interviews etc etc etc... So I say it did got alot of promo

Word, Em and Royce made a killing with that 150k too
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Word, Em and Royce made a killing with that 150k too

Yet it was half the radio play and half the exposure of Maybach Music Group did in promotion that they sold more in there first week than they have in 4 weeks....

Oh the Ep gotten better reviews than Self Made from various hiphop outlets too...
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    They gettin show money, and ? who wasn't checkin for Wale, meek and Pill especially are now checkin for them cuz of this album. MMG will only get bigger. Stop hatin
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ross is signing too many damn people, he should of sign Wale and establish him first then build up. Might have another DTP on the scene!
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Brova wrote: »
    They gettin show money, and ? who wasn't checkin for Wale, meek and Pill especially are now checkin for them cuz of this album. MMG will only get bigger. Stop hatin

We not talking bout show money.... Labels dont see any of that unless it was a 360 deal...They aint moving units or enough for labels to get a profit of MMG
  • Brova
    edited June 2011
    Options
    3 ? from different backgrounds who can rhyme and are really hungry is "too many people?" Nah. Jay is signin too many people over at RocNation. Jay shoulda released Cole's album, THEN and establish him first then build up. Might have another DTP on the scene!
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its crazy t/s throwing extra sales in the mix and they aint even hit 100k yet lmao...............
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh@ rozay drop;d triple cz but triple cz is on SELFMADE smh folkz is just makin up ? prayin on ross downfall lol
  • Brova
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We not talking bout show money.... Labels dont see any of that unless it was a 360 deal...They aint moving units or enough for labels to get a profit of MMG

True, I see what you sayin. But you honestly think Warner expected Self Made to do more than it did?
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    3 ? from different backgrounds who can rhyme and are really hungry is "too many people?" Nah. Jay is signin too many people over at RocNation. Jay shoulda released Cole's album, THEN and establish him first then build up. Might have another DTP on the scene!

and no one give a ? about any of them except for Wale. lol Isn't Stalley signed too, that's four ? plus that female r and b artist they have plus Triple C. Roc Nation has variety of artist not just INTERCHANGEABLE rappers. Roc Nation has released 3 albums to date and they all have had success and platinum plaques!
  • nujerz84
    edited June 2011
    Options
    True, I see what you sayin. But you honestly think Warner expected Self Made to do more than it did?

At least 90-100K in the first week after 4 they aint even hit 100K I least I did with the amount of time I seen them on TV or if ever listen to the radio chances were one of there tracks was on... Lets not mentioned all the interent dickriding and hype Vol.1 got.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2011
    Options
    how is J COLE fanz n herr talkin ? ? when hez neva droppin a album on that DETOX ? lolllll smh
    At least 90-100K in the first week after 4 they aint even hit 100K I least I did with the amount of time I seen them on TV or if ever listen to the radio chances were one of there tracks was on... Lets not mentioned all the interent dickriding and hype Vol.1 got.

selfmade is not fa ya kind tho so u shouldnt worry about ? go listen 2 da cracka or sumthang...
  • Brova
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    and no one give a ? about any of them except for Wale. lol Isn't Stalley signed too, that's four ? plus that female r and b artist they have plus Triple C. Roc Nation has variety of artist not just INTERCHANGEABLE rappers. Roc Nation has released 3 albums to date and they all have had success and platinum plaques!

That's false. Meek and Pill have ? checkin for them BECAUSE of Self made. Stalley is a different type of cat that will eventually be makin noise in the next 2 years mark my words. Dude also happens to have one of the best young producers in the game. Just because you don't WANT MMG to do well don't mean they won't.
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol ? are reaching in here to hate on MMG, like Warner didnt give Currensy deal and he only moving like 20k each album
  • usmarin3
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That's false. Meek and Pill have ? checkin for them BECAUSE of Self made. Stalley is a different type of cat that will eventually be makin noise in the next 2 years mark my words. Dude also happens to have one of the best young producers in the game. Just because you don't WANT MMG to do well don't mean they won't.

Meek Mill and Pill have ? checking for them, apparently not from those album sales, ? gonna be State Prop status. Stalley is cool with me, don't see him being bigger than Currensy who isn't even big himself.