which rapper that is hot in 2011 will not be around (fall off) by 2013?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited June 2011 in The Reason
looking at the climate right now in hip hop the hottest acts are lil wayne, dj khaled, rick ross, nicki minaj and drake. so which of these artist wont be around by 2013?

as a bonus which rapper that is under the radar now will be popping by that time, there are many cats now that are on the come up but who knows, you have big sean, stalley, j cole, vado, theophilus london, cyhi the prince, meek millz, yelawolf, tyler the creator

Comments

• NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    game..............................
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    game..............................

hot ? not irrelevent
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i think Cole, Stalley, Krit, Pill, and Kendrick will all still be famous or moderately famous in 2 years.

i think Wayne and Nikki are here to for a minute. Khaled doesn't do anything so aslong as he can still get hot artist on his remixes he will be good. I think drake could be the one but that's b/c i like his music the least.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think Tyler the creator is gonna be a forgotten thought by 2013 cuz that shock rap ? is gonna get played out in 2 years
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think Tyler the creator is gonna be a forgotten thought by 2013 cuz that shock rap ? is gonna get played out in 2 years

well it depends on if he can grow as an emcee.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    well it depends on if he can grow as an emcee.

man idk if hes still on that ? talkin bout rapin pregnant girls then i can see people gettin tired of his ? he seems wild lame from his interviews anyway
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    J Cole wont be around this time next year.

Wayne is already been around for over a decade, he has nothing left to prove

Rick Ross will be the recognized by many as the best to ever do it in 2 years

Drake will be working on his 5th album in 2 years

KRIT, Cyhi, and Big Sean will be the "newcomers" making the most noise.

Can't speak on Nicki, not a fan.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

lol..............
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Rick Ross will be the recognized by many as the best to ever do it in 2 yearsDrake will be working on his 5th album in 2 years

? you need to do stand up, that ? was classic!!
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    max b will out by den running ?
  • DayDay34
    DayDay34 Members Posts: 1,771
    edited June 2011
    Options
    j.cold will be long forgotten. how you gonna be light skinned and not blow up? lol
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    man idk if hes still on that ? talkin bout rapin pregnant girls then i can see people gettin tired of his ? he seems wild lame from his interviews anyway

Ever heard of "Eminem"?
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options

if he has that white people support he should be alright
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nicki Minaj - gimmicks only last so long
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited June 2011
    Options
    max b will out by den running ?

? willing!!!!
  • Bigavelli
    Bigavelli Members Posts: 3,465
    edited June 2011
    Options
    looking at the climate right now in hip hop the hottest acts are lil wayne, dj khaled, rick ross, nicki minaj and drake. so which of these artist wont be around by 2013?

as a bonus which rapper that is under the radar now will be popping by that time, there are many cats now that are on the come up but who knows, you have big sean, stalley, j cole, vado, theophilus london, cyhi the prince, meek millz, yelawolf, tyler the creator

How are they the hottest acts when Recovery sold more than all their Album's combined and is 1 of the highest selling Album's in the last 5years or somethin at 4 Million in the US and 6 Million Worldwide and still selling like crazy

And 2 Singles from the Album reached number 1 went straight to number 1 too

Who won more Grammy Awards than Eminem this year?

You dumb ? ? ass clown
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

J. Cole, Cyhi and Big Sean would be big in 2013, i think Vado and Kendrick Lamar can pull it off as well, if they gets the right people behind him...

Tyler the Creator would be gone in 2013

All DJ Khaled has to do is craft hits around what's in demand, so he'll probably still be around

Drake, Weezy and Rozay would still be here, plus Wayne and Rozay has rosters to tend to, rosters that can help them sustain their popularity

Everybody else, i'm not so sure about...
  • 5th Letter
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    How are they the hottest acts when Recovery sold more than all their Album's combined and is 1 of the highest selling Album's in the last 5years or somethin at 4 Million in the US and 6 Million Worldwide and still selling like crazy

And 2 Singles from the Album reached number 1 went straight to number 1 too

Who won more Grammy Awards than Eminem this year?

You dumb ? ? ass clown

yeah how are they the biggest artist when the highest selling hip hop act is a lying azz racist redneck
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

say what?????????????
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

[IMG][/img]imager.php?id=215566&t=o GIFSoup
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    J Cole
    Wiz Khalifa
    Tyler the Creator
    Waka Flocka
    Tyga
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nicki probably gon be around because of her ? fan base . Really all them cats gon be around in one way or another
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wiz will be done by 2013, he seems fine rapping only about weed and women. Cole will be done too unless he go indy, and I don't see Big Sean or Waka lasting until 2013 either. Tyler ain't going anywhere soon he has his only label plus he's the mastermind behind Odd Future so directly or indirectly he'll be around for a while.
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lil B if were lucky....Soulja boy still around just ain't making the same noise.