Options
1235»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rofl FOH..

That Bay Area music is a big part of the influence on southern hiphop, anyone with any type of knowledge of rap would now this ? . Artist like Snoop, Wiz, Outkast,etc have said numerous times that Short has influenced them. You can hear the ? influence in people like Devin the Dude, ? C,etc.

Get in where you fit in > Any Cam album
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That Bay Area music is a big part of the influence on southern hiphop, anyone with any type of knowledge of rap would now this ? . Artist like Snoop, Wiz, Outkast,etc have said numerous times that Short has influenced them. You can hear the ? influence in people like Devin the Dude, ? C,etc.

Get in where you fit in > Any Cam album

once again foh...

too short is one of the waccest rappers ever dude..

lil jon>>too short..
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh really you comparing a 80s rapper like too short to cam lmao.... blow the whistle......... too short not in my top 20 let alone 30...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    once again foh...

too short is one of the waccest rappers ever dude..

lil jon>>too short..

Lmaoooooo

That's cold
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And, Cam'ron>>>Too Short
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Now that^ freestyle, i don't see anything special about...and you say never?

got damn! This freestyle got quotables for days.
    This freestyle>>>>>>>Cam's career
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The white ? rappin on the t mobile commercial >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Too short
  • The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah I agree I made a thread a while back saying Cam was one of the most underrated ever and also was the best out of NY post Jay/Nas era.

Purple Haze, Come Home with me >>> Any Jada or Fab album Who gives you the best lines or verses is up for debate but album wise Cam easy

Too bad Jigga was a hater cause I always said with a co sign from Jay like Dre/Em did 50 and the Dips would have been bigger than G-Unit, clothing lines and everything. Cam got major love down South, and as you see now the South is popping so I think Cam would have been able to still be a top guy even when the game changed up with the South getting more shine than the East. 50 Cent was never bigger than Cam down south, cat's was rocking pink and Wayne pretty much stole they whole swag and brought it down south LOL Dude was claiming Dip Set south for a sec
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah I agree I made a thread a while back saying Cam was one of the most underrated ever and also was the best out of NY post Jay/Nas era.

Purple Haze, Come Home with me >>> Any Jada or Fab album Who gives you the best lines or verses is up for debate but album wise Cam easy

Too bad Jigga was a hater cause I always said with a co sign from Jay like Dre/Em did 50 and the Dips would have been bigger than G-Unit, clothing lines and everything. Cam got major love down South, and as you see now the South is popping so I think Cam would have been able to still be a top guy even when the game changed up with the South getting more shine than the East. 50 Cent was never bigger than Cam down south, cat's was rocking pink and Wayne pretty much stole they whole swag and brought it down south LOL Dude was claiming Dip Set south for a sec

No-sign at the bolded

Kiss of Death>>>any Cam album...
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jr writer>>>big l
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options

cosign...

and im a huge fab fan..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Too Short "bitttttttttccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh" > Cam's wack ass onomatopoeia raps, ? is that wack ass plow plow, blow blow ? .
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cam's wack ass onomatopoeia raps, ? is that wack ass plow plow, blow blow ? .

that ? is false but even it it was true, its still better than too short non rappin, non flowin ass..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options

Naw, he is in the 30ish range

pretty high for a dude who says plow plow, blow blow tho..
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Too Short "bitttttttttccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh" > Cam's wack ass onomatopoeia raps, ? is that wack ass plow plow, blow blow ? .

what the ? is a big ol chain and big ol range?
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options

Judging his entire catalogue based on several subpar songs is unfair, plenty people in this thread posted vids/verses that shows how ill Cam'ron is

Here is a personal favorite...
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Judging his entire catalogue based on several subpar songs is unfair, plenty people in this thread posted vids/verses that shows how ill Cam'ron is

classic track right there. stay listening to that
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited June 2011
    Options
    No-sign at the bolded

Kiss of Death>>>any Cam album...

Bro I hope you are being funny LMAO Kiss the Game Goodbye >>>> Kiss of Death

Dope Money (with Styles), All for the Love, Kiss of Death (RR vol.1), I don't care(funk flex) all these individual songs >>> Kiss of Death the album

I love kiss but dude is the biggest underachiever in rap history. Real talk Gangsta and a Gentlemen >>> Any Kiss solo album
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Bro I hope you are being funny LMAO Kiss the Game Goodbye >>>> Kiss of Death

Dope Money (with Styles), All for the Love, Kiss of Death (RR vol.1), I don't care(funk flex) all these individual songs >>> Kiss of Death the album

I love kiss but dude is the biggest underachiever in rap history. Real talk Gangsta and a Gentlemen >>> Any Kiss solo album

Kiss the Game Goodbye was too unfocused to me, Kiss of Death is a better album imo

I like Dope Money, but Styles and Jada lost steam quickly after the first verse..."You couldn't live the life i live, and why is that? I can die any minute, i get high every minute" is my favorite part of the song, lol...and those other songs are good, but they're not better than the whole album...only weak song on Kiss of Death is Hot Sauce to Go

Cosign the bolded though, even though it's not THAT much better than Kiss of Death
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited June 2011
    Options

Yeah I love Cam in my top 20 and a personal favorite but I will say that Cam is hit or miss. Cam's best lyrics are on par with the greats of all time but his worst is far worse than alot of other greats. I agree that some people focus on the 25% of horrible stuff he released instead of the 75% of great stuff but as a Cam fan when it's bad it is really bad. Nas and Jay have bad song concepts but the lyrics don't just fall off a cliff when Cam is bad he ain't on beat, he get's crazy with the sound effects. Personally I think he tries too hard to always have multi's and complex schemes that is what separates Jay and Nas they will give you the complex flow but also give you some simple bars throughout the song cause it is hard to do that the whole song without getting to points where you are stretching it. I know it sounds funny but I think cam needed to perfect his simple flow game a little better
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah I love Cam in my top 20 and a personal favorite but I will say that Cam is hit or miss. Cam's best lyrics are on par with the greats of all time but his worst is far worse than alot of other greats. I agree that some people focus on the 25% of horrible stuff he released instead of the 75% of great stuff but as a Cam fan when it's bad it is really bad. Nas and Jay have bad song concepts but the lyrics don't just fall off a cliff when Cam is bad he ain't on beat, he get's crazy with the sound effects. Personally I think he tries too hard to always have multi's and complex schemes that is what separates Jay and Nas they will give you the complex flow but also give you some simple bars throughout the song cause it is hard to do that the whole song without getting to points where you are stretching it. I know it sounds funny but I think cam needed to perfect his simple flow game a little better

This.........

I also think nobody in his circle/camp pushes him enough as well, beside Vado
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options