someone explain why kia shine is not a superstar

Options

Comments

• ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    A lot of what's been said in here about 3-6, gotti, star, OG, etc is at least 85% accurate. Beef in memphis is just as big as N.O. or NY. Only thing is, nobody has actually lost they life over this rap ? . Yet.

3-6 rarely ? with new Memphis artists tho. Well ones who are up and coming. But to be fair the only one really about to make serious noise outta Memphis is Don Trip. And they already got features with him.

Yes Gotti and kia shine was once partners when they were with Rap Hustlaz. And that ? could have blew up pretty big had they stayed together. They had some pretty good songs+ they didn't mind working with artists from Memphis.

Really a whole thread could be dedicated to the history of Memphis music. Cause its an interesting story about how it started, disputes, success, hate, and where it is now. Imma leave that ? for one of yall more active ? .

But so far this thread has been on point for the most part. Everything said has been verified by a lot of people in the know.

36 ? wid lil lodi too
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I remember somebody was diss juicy j it was either skinny ? or t -rock n they was sayin all juice say is wait till my brother get outta jail wait till my brother get outta jail

Juice did say that ?
    but it wasn't in the sense that when Pat get out he gon be fuccin people up
    he was sayin in the sense that when Pat get out he gon killin the streets wit his music

Juice looks up to Pat even though their age difference is only a couple years

Pat was waaaaaaaaay deeper in the streets than Juice was.... Juice is the one who showed Pat that you could make money in rap and leave the streets alone
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But to answer the original question, Kia Shine is too ? monotone to ever be successful. That ? raps so lazy. It's like Bruh, the beat is hard as ? and u giving ? these droopy ass bars. Get the ? off the Mic and take a 5 hour energ, THEN come back and add some excitement
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
    True. I personally didn't look too much into this, but judging from people from both camps them ? have a genuine dislike for Gotti.

What's so crazy about this ? , Memphis rappers beef ALL THE ? TIME. But Memphis has so many producers (outside of Paul and Juice) who get along with all them ? AND each other. The day there is a Drumma Boy and D.J. Paul beef is the day I'll say ? music altogether.

Paul and Drumma gon be droppin that Clash of the Titans album real soon
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But to answer the original question, Kia Shine is too ? monotone to ever be successful. That ? raps so lazy. It's like Bruh, the beat is hard as ? and u giving ? these droopy ass bars. Get the ? off the Mic and take a 5 hour energ, THEN come back and add some excitement

Kia needs to sticc to being a CEO and stay away from the mic in my opinion.... same as Birdman
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    36 ? wid lil lodi too

True, that young ? making big moves and putting Memphis on the map, BUT, he is a lex luger clone. His style is completely borrowed.
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Paul and Drumma gon be droppin that Clash of the Titans album real soon

And this ? is gonna be flames.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cuz he made songs like 'WOOOW"

and honestly, he was ahead of his time. he would make a killing in this market.
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    True, that young ? making big moves and putting Memphis on the map, BUT, he is a lex luger clone. His style is completely borrowed.

Yea but wasn't lodi makin them beats fo criminal manne fo a min
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and lil reno don't ? with them no more.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't call Lody a Luger clone

Lody was mentored by Dj Squeeky as far as production

but Lody is a weird ass ? too
    ? accuse Lody of stealing beats

Squeeky doesn't fucc wit Lody anymore becuz Squeeky claims Lody stole that Gunplay "Rollin" beat from him

Lody was already makin moves... so what he did was kind of "borrow" some of Lugers style so he could elbow his was into Luger's lane

Lody may jus be a better beatmaker than Lex becuz unlike Lex all Lody's beats don't sound the same
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea but wasn't lodi makin them beats fo criminal manne fo a min

I haven't heard ? from criminal mane in a couple years, but if I remember correctly he did. Him and criminal mane still cool. It's crazy how I used to bump project playaz "Til We Die" from front to back. I ? with Crim tough. But he just flew so far under the radar.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options

that ? is a fuccin clown
    not becuz he doesnt fucc wit Juice and Pat anymore

he's a clown for how he's been actin since he left
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cuz he made songs like 'WOOOW"

and honestly, he was ahead of his time. he would make a killing in this market.

i agree

he should jus ghostwrite for younger acts
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't call Lody a Luger clone

Lody was mentored by Dj Squeeky as far as production---> didn't know this

but Lody is a weird ass ? too
    ? accuse Lody of stealing beats---> didn't know this either

Squeeky doesn't fucc wit Lody anymore becuz Squeeky claims Lody stole that Gunplay "Rollin" beat from him---> he may have "borrowed" The ace hood "real ? " beat and sold it to Jeezy as "Ballin" too, but maybe luger sold him the beat file and let him tweak it.

Lody was already makin moves... so what he did was kind of "borrow" some of Lugers style so he could elbow his was into Luger's lane

Lody may jus be a better beatmaker than Lex becuz unlike Lex all Lody's beats don't sound the same---> Nah, them ? styles are way too similar. So by default whoever had this style first is better

• a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that ? is a fuccin clown
    not becuz he doesnt fucc wit Juice and Pat anymore

he's a clown for how he's been actin since he left

Yeah, any ? who signs a deal with Paul and juice deserves whatever comes to them. Especially considering they history with other Memphis rappers.

I mean, look at how many artists stopped ? with them... Skinny ? , koopsta, fly, Gangsta Boo, La Chat, so on and so forth. I haven't heard ? from frayser boy, and he helped win them an Oscar. They still ? with lil wyte tough. Maybe cause lil wyte got his own lil group ? goin. Anybody remember Wyte and Frayser was supposed to put out a Bay Area Representatives album? That ? woulda been a classic
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't fucc wit Lody no way
    dude got mad cuz my patna tried to charge him for a beat

I guess he figured since he did the song for Ross that mean he a big ? in the industry now
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    im a fan of nakia, i think he has good music, and dude be on his grind, but he just cant get that support..

dude royally ? up wit choosing krispy over the two songs that made him that year tho..

and he had a response that was real as ? to paul and juice dissing him, but of course that was under the radar..
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Skinny ? a ? for sellin the rights to his album to Paul for $10,000 lol

Hypnotize Minds is no different from Bad Boy, DTP, Rap-A-Lot or any other label in the music industry

Paul and juice is gon get theirs regardless, you betta make sure yo bizness is right

I'm not sayin Paul and Juice ain't no sheisty ? , what I'm sayin is most of the rappers who fucced wit them came into this bizness blind and expected Paul and Juice to hold their hand

have of them ? wasn't doin ? when they was signed wit Paul and Juice
    they wasn't doin shows
    wasn't showin up to the studio
    wasn't doing features or collabin wit other artists

it seems like all they did was sit around and wait for Paul and Juice to put them on songs

but don't nobody talk about the cars, truccs and houses Paul and Juice bought them ?

thats why you don't see half them rappers no more, they wasn't ? to begin with

but thats my opinion, I wasn't there
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and triple 6 was never mainstream until stay fly, and never intended to be mainstream until lolli lolli, which was prolly forced on them by sony...

them ? coulda went plat in memphis alone in the early 2000's..
  • a_wack_poster
    edited June 2011
    Options
    While I support lody for making major moves, musically he ain't really that good. He took advantage of an opportunity and made the most of it. I respect that, but if we going strictly off music, the boy is average as ? .

The thing is, in Memphis (or anywhere else for that matter) if u don't ? with a ? music, they quick to say you hating. And don't be an upcoming artist/producer and say that ? . Them ? will blackball the ? out of u.

It's kinda sad because its like these ? are just hood ? with money. But they need they ego stroked. And as a man, I'm not about to big up no average ass beat/song or anything, just because. These ? take criticism as hate real hard down here. There's a few artists who take it and learn from it, but most of the ? who making moves call it hate.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pat saw Gotti at the club asked him about the beef wit Three-6, Gotti told him it wasn't ? , it was jus rap

then after Touchdown came out
    Pat allegedly had another talk wit Gotti...... and I don't think Gotti is gon be sayin nothin negative about Three-6 in his songs no more

but thats jus a rumor

if i ever believed anybody in this rap ? , its Pat..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options

why is this, i thought he was wit that cutthroat ? ..

and that ? lody sound exactly like luger, and be on twitter soundin like he created a new sound..
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited June 2011
    Options
    im still mad wyte dont have a gold album tho..

the way that ? was buzzin in my lil town when doubt me now came out, gawd damn..

and i thought he was gon get it when he was on adventures in hollyhood, that album was underachieving tho..

im glad him and juice & paul aint had no prollems tho..