We need a DMX of this Generation ASAP!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ice_cold wrote: »
    x is one of a kind there will never be another like him deal with it

You ? wanna be killers?

Get at me dog...
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FOH. Yea we really need a another ? to give us a few years of good music verses twice as much time displaying a drugged out derelict. ? acting like we talking about KRS or Chuck D.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sticky fingaz and Ol ? B were Dmx before X was

Stop overrating that basic hype,the ? had a spark when he started now he just garbage

After fall 98 X became a shuck and jive commercial rapper and never returned to that "rawness" of its dark and hell is hot

And he an average rapper

lol @ Sticky Fingaz

DMX>>>>>>>>
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    those days are over (in chappelle voice)
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sticky fingaz and Ol ? B were Dmx before X was

Stop overrating that basic hype,the ? had a spark when he started now he just garbage

After fall 98 X became a shuck and jive commercial rapper and never returned to that "rawness" of its dark and hell is hot

And he an average rapper
    FOH. Yea we really need a another ? to give us a few years of good music verses twice as much time displaying a drugged out derelict. ? acting like we talking about KRS or Chuck D.
    [/QUOTE]

? both of u lame ass ?

And lmao @ that fool Tommy comparing sticky fingaz to X
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To be honest, ? complain too much in rap, sound like rap nerds and ? . The music business will find a way of balancing and purging itself imo, whenever it goes too much one way it collapses in on itself and you get an subculture movement. Contrary to popular belief DMX alone did not shift ? , people taste was starting to shift and the right artist came along (DMX, Pun, Master P,etc). The same ? happeed during Ja Rules run, people were getting sick of the love songs and that created room for dudes like 50 Cent,etc.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's not even that we need another X. We just need that raw, grimey ? back. ? is too soft these days.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I put this in the other DMX thread a while back.

Like it or not Waka Flacka is this generation's DMX and the closest you goin get to it.

How?..........
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    X did not crush anything.Did you forget that Puffy out lasted x and is still doing it while X is in jail? Also Big Pun,Canibus,Xzibit and Cam all came out in 98.Not just X.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    when lil white ? is coming out harder than most of the male rappers thats a problem but i'm not co signing the white ? just saying all the aggression is coming from unusual sources now .
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea, lets not reincarnate a artist who brought lyrics that stimulated the though process, exuberated positivity and advancement while doing so in an intellectual manner. Lets bring back an addict who barked on songs and could barely deliver a coherent three minute interview. I agree.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yea, lets not reincarnate a artist who brought lyrics that stimulated the though process, exuberated positivity and advancement while doing so in an intellectual manner. Lets bring back an addict who barked on songs and could barely deliver a coherent three minute interview. I agree.

That's all these ? screaming, that DARKMAN BACK!
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

X wasn't positive or intelligent, ? ? Really? Of course he has his faults as a man, but he always had an uplifting message for people goin through everyday struggles...
  • reverend_al
    reverend_al Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Late 90's X (tied with early 90s Ice Cube) been the best rapper ever!!!!!!!
    better then Tupac/Biggie!
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ice Cube had his heyday, he called out people who he felt were ? like Calvin Butts and MC Hammer, but we need someone NEW. Ice Cube gets respect as an O.G. of the Rap game, hell he is even in my top 5, but i'll highly doubt he'll ever be as relevant is he was in the 1990s, or as relevant as DMX was in the late 90s-early 00s. You may be on to something though, if Ice Cube calls out the fuckery that's running rampant, then more relevant emcees would follow suit.

Cube calls out lots of ? on his albums, especially the last three. What makes him not relevant to you? I don't understand what that means.
  • aijalon
    aijalon Members Posts: 919
    edited June 2011
    Options
    His nine kids would maybe say otherwise.
    On a serious note dude was out the gate with the game on luck. Just ? it all away cause he couldn't get off them boulders.
    ? tragic story if you ask me. He had alot left to give
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DMX did to Rap in 1998, what D'Angelo did to R&B in 1995, lol

man I never thought about it, but this is actually true
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Man Papoose had next but that ? didnt play the game.He dropped the ball.Dude had sharades,alphabet slaughter,law library,1,2,3,4.I mean this ? put all his hits on mixtapes lol.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wait till that 103 drop
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DMX came in a era when we lost Pac and ? were lookin for a bald headed ? witha powerful voice and a message in his music

DMX might of ended up on Deathrow in 1996, but The LOX chose Badboy over Deathrow, but the catch was Puff thought DMX was wack for whatever reason said he didnt want him, so Jada and them made a group decision and let X go

Suge was willing to take them all on

DMX hunger showed in music after so many knockbacks, he got his deal spittin with his mouth wired up, cuz the day before the auditions he had been beaten to a pulp by the neighborhood cuz he robbed some kid

Looking back at this thread I gotta correct this. I read his autobiography and he wasn't gonna sign with Deathrow in 1996. It was in 1994. X said Suge wanted a Deathrow east so they flew X out to the west coast and were impressed. But the deal fell through some how.
    Man Papoose had next but that ? didnt play the game.He dropped the ball.Dude had sharades,alphabet slaughter,law library,1,2,3,4.I mean this ? put all his hits on mixtapes lol.
    And LMAO @ this. Papoose yea right
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    DMX was kind of a by-product of the shiny suit era though. Aside from "4,3,2,1", the mainstream's introduction to DMX was on Ma$e's Harlem World and The Lox's "Money, Power, Respect". Granted, the songs he was featured on were street records, Diddy's "shiny suit" era played a huge part in giving DMX exposure.

50 Cent was the last rapper to do it big on that level and popularity wise, he surpassed X. Like X with the shiny suit era, 50 Cent was a by-product of Shady/Aftermath.The difference is that 50 was signed to Shady/Aftermath and DMX wasn't a Bad Boy artist.

The "DMX" of this generation will likely be a rapper that is endorsed and co-signed by Wayne and YMCMB. Why? Because it's a major entity within the game right now just like Bad Boy was in the 90's and Shady/Aftermath in the 00's. YMCMB would give that artist exposure and they really don't have an artist like that on their squad right now.

Some truth in this post. What people don't know though is that the reason why DMX was on Harlem World was because Mase was really a Ruff Ryder artist back then. What happened was that they did a deal for Mase with Diddy and i promise you that's probably helped DMX score a deal with Def Jam in 1997. That's why DMX even opened up for either the LOX or Mase back at the No Way Out tour that started in Novemeber 1997.

The thing is though even when Bad Boy was huge there still was a market for that ? , which it doesn't seem like today. You had Bad Boy in 1997 but you also had 2pac, Snoop, Busta, The Fugees, Geto Boys, Ghostface, Jay-Z, Nas, Heltah Skeltah, Jeru, Lost Boyz, Mobb Deep etc the year prior.

Now? There's no difference between these rappers. Of course you have the difference when it comes to their image but the content and the music? Same ? , basically "My chick has another chick", "Look at my Rolex", "King Of Diamonds" etc etc same references, same lines, same beats, same content just different artists.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NWA
    DMX
    Public Enemy
    Outkast
    Tribe Called Quest
    Wu-Tang

We need these folk in this generation...Hip-hop is so stagnent...everyone is either 50 Cent, Lil Wayne or some form of hybrid...
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    ANOTHER CRACKMAN X??? NO THANX LOL
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There has always been good and bad rappers, while ya'll sit here and wait for the next DMX, why don't ya'll just financially support the good rappers that are out instead of complaining.

If a DMX was to come along, ya'll would just bootleg him anyways.