Common Featuring Nas - Ghetto Dreams (YouTube Inside) No I.D. Produced

Options

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seriously I didnt even like this ? .I'm sorry.Dude is just talking about ? .And the beat is ok.Damn I think these ? took an L for talking about ? .
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? tight...im feelin the production. Common did his thing and Nas is in the zone rite now cant nobody ? with son
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    I mean.....I saw this title, and the two artists, and the dope ass picture...And I expected more...

It's dope, and they both went in...but...

It's just a song about ? ...That's all ? in the ghetto dream about these days?
    Seriously I didnt even like this ? .I'm sorry.Dude is just talking about ? .And the beat is ok.Damn I think these ? took an L for talking about ? .

• Cabana_Da_Don
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So you get the top 5 Conscious mc's in a million dollar studio and they rap about ? ?
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So you get the top 5 Conscious mc's in a million dollar studio and they rap about ? ?

i don't cpnsider nas a conscious mc, but the track is fire
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i don't cpnsider nas a conscious mc, but the track is fire

Ok you're right but you know what I'm saying.If I was the producer I would have told them ? to rewrite there ? .
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    seems good but cant really say im impressed till i hear the CDQ version..lyrics on point tho.
  • urmybitch
    urmybitch Members Posts: 284
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thinking they're rapping about ? is simple minded. It's called perspective and using it to get a certain point across. Look at the name of the song and listen to the lyrics and put them together and you will get what they're getting at.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited July 2011
    Options
    urmybitch wrote: »
    Thinking they're rapping about ? is simple minded. It's called perspective and using it to get a certain point across. Look at the name of the song and listen to the lyrics and put them together and you will get what they're getting at.

Lol, naw, ? all that. They rappin bout bein young men from the ghetto(? ) and havin a ghetto woman(? ) to hold them down as they chase their ghetto dreams. It's dope, but they coulda touched on more perspectives...
  • urmybitch
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I get that but simply saying they're just rapping about ? is kind of not really putting it into proper context. It's a little deeper than that and they give more depth to the story than just rapping about ? in the way Rick Ross does or Gucci Mane. It's nothing ground breaking but it's a lot more creative than the conventional way rappers talk about "ghetto women"
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok you're right but you know what I'm saying.If I was the producer I would have told them ? to rewrite there ? .

nah they both killed it i like the song as is
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It's cook well.

SMH at Common having bad grammar.
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Be is arguably common's best album

U cannot be serious. in McEnroe voice.

And all those saying Nas is back like he left somewhere. I cant trust ya.
    Nas been dropping bars consistently for a very long time now. Go back and listen to ? album, mixtape, Relatives, his verses on Khaleds albums, Rick Ross, other guest app.

Song is nice. Nothing jaw dropping but still better than most out. Common should be in my top10 now. Nas GOAT.
  • Miles HIGH
    edited July 2011
    Options
    urmybitch wrote: »
    I get that but simply saying they're just rapping about ? is kind of not really putting it into proper context. It's a little deeper than that and they give more depth to the story than just rapping about ? in the way Rick Ross does or Gucci Mane. It's nothing ground breaking but it's a lot more creative than the conventional way rappers talk about "ghetto women"

Hahahaha, ? , no it's not. Just cause it's Nas and Common don't mean it's deep...

"We got our own hand shake, her ? ain't fake..."

"Early in the morn, gettin stoned..."

"Whether ? or fightin, we gettin it on..."

"Ass is a weapon, and it's hard to conceal it. Baby in one arms, the other is a skillet..."

"Y'all ? in trouble, keep ya girl behind closed doors. Cross ya fingers, be happy I haven't chose yours..."

"Jumpin out a Bentley wit some fresh Red Bottoms..."

That ? ain't deep...And I'm not sayin it's wack, but I'm not gon praise it like it's super creative either...And Ross and Gucci both got more creative songs about this same concept...
  • urmybitch
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This ? is all subjective so I can't really disagree with you but that's the way I hear it. In my opinion the approach to the subject is different. I agree it's nothing groundbreaking but it's a little more creative than your average rap song these days.
  • urmybitch
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Also I wasn't really saying the song was deep I was saying it was deeper in the sense that they gave more depth to story. Regardless it's a good song and music is something that should be enjoyed
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Great track, both them ? in my top 5 so you know I'm playing that ? over and over again. Nas went in, I'm so hyped for when his album drops, Nasty Nas is back real talk.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ? is hot but I wanted some deep Nas common ? .Oh well cant get what you want all the time.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Was hot, but not for Nas nor Common. I expected more from a collab from Nas and Common and feel they could have expanded the subject matter more with second verses from each, but it was still good for what it was.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Be is arguably common's best album

Brodie, for real? It's not touching Resurrection, IMO and then there is a whole host of albums that followed. Be was always regarded when it dropped as the unlistenable classic... it was a great, flawless release, but it never really made people play it for more than a month apart from the intro track.
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nah Be was a classic album. I can listen to that joint all day. Like Water For Chocolate will always be my favorite though.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nice!!! Nas needs to stay in this kind of a zone, but work that kind of flow in on some new sounding beats. Not taking ? away from this one because he and Common did their thing. In fact, I'd like to seem them do an entire album together thats how good they sound together.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Not even on the same planet with Nas & Common. LMAO!
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    now a nominee for song of the year