The South ? up Hip Hop....but, we LET them

Options

Comments

• Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And still these ? can't admit they put out ? music lol.....every hip hop region except the South can admit that they put out ? at one point in time. Yall ? feel cornered like little ? and start getting defensive instead of being objective.

JUST OWN UP TO IT...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rofl

You ? so bitter

Best believe up north got just as much wackness.

South ain't ? ? except NY reign
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    And still these ? can't admit they put out ? music lol.....every hip hop region except the South can admit that they put out ? at one point in time. Yall ? feel cornered like little ? and start getting defensive instead of being objective.

JUST OWN UP TO IT...

if u didnt want an argument u wouldnt have made this thread....was everybody in the south supposed to come in here like..."you got us man, we're wack"
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

JUST OWN UP TO IT...

"its some trash in the south but I promise you, from the east to the west some of yall garbage too"

you happy, we own up to it but, we dont dwell on it ? ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

JUST OWN UP TO IT...

Why do they have to though. It's like the ? on the east coast won't be satisfied until they admit it(I'm from the east coast btw). Most people who like quality music no matter where they're from will admit that the south is responsible for a lot of ? in rap. You act like the only people that listen to the ? in the mainstream are in the south, east coast ? up there bangin the same ? just as hard....
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Even ? like dem franchise boys and D4L was better than them ? ? and chicken soup ?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How we ? up Hip-Hop when New York set the blueprint for dressing like ? , dancing around, and spitting ABC lyrics. Kurtis Blow and all them wack ass New York ?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I blame New York for letting Snoop kick down their buildings and sending their legendary Biggie out to the West-Coast to get his Soul shattered with bullets.

I blame the East for letting 50-Cent divide them like roaches and then black-ball them like ? untill NY HipHop was on life support.

While Goodie Mobb was rapping about "Soul Food" the East was rapping about Chicken-Noodle soup & Orange sodas.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    if u didnt want an argument u wouldnt have made this thread....was everybody in the south supposed to come in here like..."you got us man, we're wack"

dun...Im not talkin about Outkast. I'm talking about VIC. Im not talkin about Ludacris. I'm talking about Shawty Lo.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You would think with all their complaining, they would make good music to take out wat their complaining about
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I blame New York for letting Snoop kick down their buildings and sending their legendary Biggie out to the West-Coast to get his Soul shattered with bullets.

I blame the East for letting 50-Cent divide them like roaches and then black-ball them like ? untill NY HipHop was on life support.

While Goodie Mobb was rapping about "Soul Food" the East was rapping about Chicken-Noodle soup & Orange sodas.

? no we weren't lol...
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This thread been done alot lately.

Got dayum you ? salty.

I can't stand soulja boy, waka, gucci all them ? music either but don't sit here and act like up north ain't got just as much wackness.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do they have to though. It's like the ? on the east coast won't be satisfied until they admit it(I'm from the east coast btw). Most people who like quality music no matter where they're from will admit that the south is responsible for a lot of ? in rap. You act like the only people that listen to the ? in the mainstream are in the south, east coast ? up there bangin the same ? just as hard....

I agree dog...Im just particularly annoyed that the most obvious weaklink in hip hop history can't admit that they added the most ? to the genre. A ? in here giving props to their legends who did it big and they still can't keep it funky about Shawty Lo or OJ the Juiceman.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    2 Live Crew and N.W.A ? Hip Hop up. Even tho they are legends and pioneers , they opened the doors and showed rappers that they could make dough with the oversexed and super gangsta image . After that they game was never the same .
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I agree dog...Im just particularly annoyed that the most obvious weaklink in hip hop history can't admit that they added the most ? to the genre. A ? in here giving props to their legends who did it big and they still can't keep it funky about Shawty Lo or OJ the Juiceman.

Shawty Lo and OJ Da Juiceman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ron Browz
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    You would think with all their complaining, they would make good music to take out wat their complaining about

Drake
    Nicki
    Wayne
    Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Rick Ross

2 out of 4. You make it sound like the South is runnin ? currently. Yall MAINSTREAM run is over ? .
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Shawty Lo and OJ Da Juiceman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ron Browz

Ron Brows was wack as ? ...objective music listeners can admit stuff like that.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    as much as 50 put out some great music, he divided the ? outta NY when it was unified. murder inc's street connects had them cool wit everyone except dmx, then 50 came and ? that up. then he dissed fat joe who had a huge hit, jada who had just made a successful record with kiss of death, nas who was everyones favorite, cam who lead the biggest movement new york had at the time. he just ? it all up and made it possible for the south to takeover cuz NY was divided. busta's touch it remix was the last time new york has shown any unity and that was in '06
  • hhh thats me
    hhh thats me Members Posts: 136
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1) Scarface-Geto Boys, Outkast, 8Ball & MJG, Dungeon Family, Three 6 Mafia and Ludacris were cool. Though from the South, they added value to Hip Hop and most importantly, COULD RAP.

2) Crunk. By letting in the Ying Yang Twins & Lil Jon in the early 2000s, Hip Hop opened a can of worms. You had Lil Jon making songs with no lyrical content whatsoever
    > Next came Snap. Dem Franchise Boys and D4L. Instead of shaming these horrible artists out of the industry, rappers felt condemned to accept them because they were "getting money"
    > Next came the Ringtone rappers. Stanky Leg rappers. By now it was too far gone to reverse
    > Now it's 2011 and lyricism in the mainstream is laughable.

3) The South ? up Hip Hop....but, we could've ended that ? back in 2002-2004 if ? just spoke out against those ? artists.

Man you sound grumpy as ? with all them bolded words. How bout you chill with the bold claims (npi)?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dun...Im not talkin about Outkast. I'm talking about VIC. Im not talkin about Ludacris. I'm talking about Shawty Lo.

Maino is Shawty Lo.

The East had everybody wearing pink while saying "No ? ".

The East is responsible for the Shiny-Suits and metro-sexuality

Your Flavc Flav set the Black race back 200 years with his comic-buffonary.

Your East-coast extortion gangs shot Tupac and created a Coastal war.

Your East-Coast psychopaths killed our pioneering legend Jam Master Jay as well as the legend Big L.

The East ? up HipHop when Shyne shot the club up and Black Rob robbed a Hotel.
    The East ? up HipHop when Cassidy busted his gun and Remy Martin busted hers.

Charles Hamilton killed HipHop.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Drake
    Nicki
    Wayne
    Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Rick Ross

2 out of 4. You make it sound like the South is runnin ? currently. Yall MAINSTREAM run is over ? .

but, 4 out of the 7 are signed to labels based out the south

kanye signed some acts from the south

Jay signed some acts from the south (? , his flagship artist is from the south)

extra good w/ the soda
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Eminem is suppose to be the GOAT according to the internet and wack MF'ers living in places like Delaware so why didn't he just murder every wack southern rapper that existed? Oh I forgot because he never really wanted to be a great rapper or prove how great he is, that's the reason he said Will Smith don't have to curse in his records but I do, so ? him and ? you too. Meanwhile, Rakim said the same thing and the little pop star disser would not dare say that about Rakim. Eminem killed hip hop, anybody that does something to make it more about something other than skill kills it. So a cracka like Eminem who sales because he is white. A gansta or trap rapper who can't rap but only sales because he is supposedly so real kills it. The south didn't ? ? , when it first started it was more about fun than any of this ? you people have been fooled to believe it was more about. That dancy snap ? and crunk music was more about fun.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Drake
    Nicki
    Wayne
    Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Kanye
    Rick Ross

? what are you talkin about? I didnt say anything about running mainstream, Im talkin about how yall wanna talk ? about what the South is doin, but the music up there is really similar to ours
  • Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoo Members Posts: 8
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No matter what region you're in 98% of the music is garbage so either sit back, listen and enjoy or turn it off. I'm from the midwest so I know garbage music when I hear it.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    as much as 50 put out some great music, he divided the ? outta NY when it was unified. murder inc's street connects had them cool wit everyone except dmx, then 50 came and ? that up. then he dissed fat joe who had a huge hit, jada who had just made a successful record with kiss of death, nas who was everyones favorite, cam who lead the biggest movement new york had at the time. he just ? it all up and made it possible for the south to takeover cuz NY was divided. busta's touch it remix was the last time new york has shown any unity and that was in '06

I agree about that...