Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But it is good to know that we had the power to let The South ? up Hip-Hop

Ya'll IC cats make me proud to be a New Yorker, lol

word to kool herc. word to the sedgewyck building where white folks are driving NY ? of out the so called birthplace of hip hop without ? putting up a fight or billionaire rappers taking responsibility. thats a lot to be proud of. ? New York
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LOL @ a region without any real bosses running Hip Hop...

Russell Simmons - Created Def Jam, the grandfather label of Hip Hop. Sold Phat Farm for $230 Million USD. Worth $300+ Million.
    Jay-Z - Created Rocafella Records. Sold Roca-Wear for $200 Million USD. Worth $500+ Million.
    Diddy - Created Bad Boy Records. Created Sean John. 50% Partnership with Ciroc. Worth $500+ Million.
    50 Cent - Created G-Unit Records. G-Unit clothing. 10% Ownership in Vitamin Water. Worth $300+ Million.
    Lyor Cohen - Helped grow Def Jam, CEO of Warner Music. Created 360 Contracts. Worth $50+ Million.

vs

Master P - Created No Limit Records. Created Percy Miller Clothing. Lost a chunk of his fortune due to bankruptcy and ill advised business holdings.
    Baby - Created Cash Money Records. CEO of Bronald Oil Company. Company address currently unknown.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »

Russell Simmons - Created Def Jam, the grandfather label of Hip Hop. Sold Phat Farm for $230 Million USD. Worth $300+ Million.
    Jay-Z - Created Rocafella Records. Sold Roca-Wear for $200 Million USD. Worth $500+ Million.
    Diddy - Created Bad Boy Records. Created Sean John. 50% Partnership with Ciroc. Worth $500+ Million.
    50 Cent - Created G-Unit Records. G-Unit clothing. 10% Equity in Vitamin Water. Worth $300+ Million.
    Lyor Cohen - Helped grow Def Jam, CEO of Warner Music. Created 360 Contracts (Jews lol). Worth $50+ Million.

vs

Master P - Created No Limit Records. Created Percy Miller Clothing. Lost a chunk of his fortune due to bankruptcy and ill advised business holdings.
    Baby - Created Cash Money Records. CEO of Bronald Oil Company. Company address currently unknown.

Turn on the radio or BET. Whatever your poison may be. And see which one of those bosses is everywhere. You know, Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

LMMFAO @ the bolded/underlined
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I wonder if when you typed this if you realized that Georgia is right next to Alabama. Atlanta being only 20-25 minutes more away from Birmingham than NY from Philly.

Bruh...i got family down there. Birmingham 3 hours from ATL...
  • God Forgives I Don't
    God Forgives I Don't Members Posts: 83
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Guns wrote: »
    281x211.jpg

"He always accepted me, and plus he told me, 'Man, I don't care if they accept you in hip-hop or not, I accept you, so it is what it is, man. You're raw,' " Trae recalled. "That's my ? , man."

]x2_6b97546

While, some of NY's finest artists rolled out the red carpet, it was the rap pioneer's presence that stood out most for Trae. The Southern rap veteran clued us in on his relationship with Herc. "Little do they know that me and Kool Herc go back for years," the Houston rapper revealed. "I got old videos in vaults at home of just me, Kool Herc, MC Hammer and a gang of people onstage. So it goes way back with me and him."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1666274/mixtape-daily-trae-tha-truth-kool-herc.jhtml

Street King Release Date is now July 12th

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Who started this thread Tim Dogg LMAO

timdog-225.jpg?w=235&h=204

Come on man I know its u lol
  • yg4eva00
    yg4eva00 Members Posts: 207
    edited July 2011
    Options
    All i got 2 say is if u want good music in this day and age......
    Cut off tha radios and make the internet yo best friend
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But it was OK when ? was worshipping ODB? Gucci Mane doesn't have a platinum album, hell y'all keep talmbout this southern ? , but in reality ain't nobody down here besides maybe Wayne been moving major units like that.

Y'all hate us because you can't be us. Its not our fault that Bun B will work with any young emcee from the south while Jay Z wont even put in work for J Cole. Its not our fault that Nas never put himself in a position to make power moves in hip-hop. Its not our fault that Mista Cee and Biggie were homosexuals. Its not our fault that NY never evolved their sound. Its Not our fault that no NY rapper has the ability to make themselves hot without ? riding the south.

Y'all ? up north need to take a look in the mirror and realize that all the energy y'all have spent trying to bring the south down has resulted in your own downfall. If the South is where the MAJORITY of black ppl are, how could anyone say that the south killed hip-hop??? Are you saying that Black Ppl killed hip-hop? Are you saying that black ppl don't know what hip-hop is? If not then who does?

ROFL....ETHER

Maybe this explains why Styles P & Jadakiss stay doing collabs with Rozay.

....or it may explain why Jigger-man signed two Southern artists to be the foundation of his label.

Damn, so the only platinum NY artist in the last 8 years other than JayZ & 50Cent is Nicki Minaj?!?!?

The East is flabby and sick, every since Ol ? Bastard went on M.T.V. to pick up food-stamps and a welfare-check in a limo them dudes been on suicide watch.

They had Biggies protege LiL Cease strip-dancing nude in a Hotel-room filled with men egging him on

They had Camron & Jim Jones Rucker-Park beatdown caught on tape and shown in front of the entire world.

Even LiL Mama jumped on stage and dissed Jay-Z while Rakim ran to the West-Coast to lick Dr Dre's boots.

KRS-ONE's son commited suicide and Hell Rell makes children run in fear from his face.

LiL Kim disfigured herself with plastic surgery and Foxxxy Brown gave the ? to Rick Ross

Talib Kweli was beaten in public by his own woman and Joe Budden beat the fetus out of his girlfriend.

JayZ ? on all his former business partners and Beanie Sigel fell in love with Peedie ? in a horrifying video.

Nas inspired V-Nasty to embrace the N-Word and Kool G Rap created Super-Head.

Rakim said that Emenim was the "Muhammad Ali of rap" while K-Rino was trying to scalp the white-boy of his blonde mullet

Lauryn Hill got 7 babies and JayZ is impotent

Styles P. stabbed a man in the buttocks and I seen Jadakiss in one of them shiny suits.

Russel Simmons smokes pole and Wu-Tand admits that they smoked angel-dust and cavey-blunts filled with ? -crumbs.

Jamacia is from the East.
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Turn on the radio or BET. Whatever your poison may be. And see which one of those bosses is everywhere. You know, Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj

No argument there...he's just one/fifth of the businessman Jay, Russell and Diddy are.
  • yg4eva00
    edited July 2011
    Options

• God Forgives I Don't
    God Forgives I Don't Members Posts: 83
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yg4eva00 wrote: »
    Guns wrote: »
    281x211.jpg

"He always accepted me, and plus he told me, 'Man, I don't care if they accept you in hip-hop or not, I accept you, so it is what it is, man. You're raw,' " Trae recalled. "That's my ? , man."

]x2_6b97546

While, some of NY's finest artists rolled out the red carpet, it was the rap pioneer's presence that stood out most for Trae. The Southern rap veteran clued us in on his relationship with Herc. "Little do they know that me and Kool Herc go back for years," the Houston rapper revealed. "I got old videos in vaults at home of just me, Kool Herc, MC Hammer and a gang of people onstage. So it goes way back with me and him."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1666274/mixtape-daily-trae-tha-truth-kool-herc.jhtml

Street King Release Date is now July 12th

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    But it is good to know that we had the power to let The South ? up Hip-Hop

Ya'll IC cats make me proud to be a New Yorker, lol

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    real ish.........................
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    word to kool herc. word to the sedgewyck building where white folks are driving NY ? of out the so called birthplace of hip hop without ? putting up a fight or billionaire rappers taking responsibility. thats a lot to be proud of. ? New York

NY ? ? gentrification? ? what the ? is juice?? i prefer grape drink

It's obvious you missed my BLATANT sarcasm in that last post, lol. New York>>>>
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mane if i could still autoplay, this thread would be over..
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Nas
    Eminem

Gotta suck to always be left out...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No argument there...he's just one/fifth of the businessman Jay, Russell and Diddy are.

Now, turn it on Nickelodeon. And tell me which Southern boss's daughter has their own TV Show

Premiere+Disney+ABC+Prep+Landing+Arrivals+TDe9KW5F0GJl.jpg
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options

50 Cent - Created G-Unit Records. G-Unit clothing. 10% Ownership in Vitamin Water. Worth $300+ Million.
    Lyor Cohen - Helped grow Def Jam, CEO of Warner Music. Created 360 Contracts. Worth $50+ Million.

vs

? so funny i gotta quote it...
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    NY ? ? gentrification? ? what the ? is juice??

It's obvious you missed my BLATANT sarcasm in that last post, lol. New York>>>>

juice is that movie were that west coast ? that destroyed NY played in.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited July 2011
    Options
    what has ny done lately..

Musically...
  • yg4eva00
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Nas
    Facemob

Gotta suck to always be left out...

I know lol.........
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    juice is that movie were that west coast ? that destroyed NY played in.

The West Coast ? born in New York? and the one that always had love for New York?

Lol, 9/11 couldn't even destroy NY

New York>>>
  • Rey Negro
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Now, turn it on Nickelodeon. And tell me which Southern boss's daughter has their own TV Show

Premiere+Disney+ABC+Prep+Landing+Arrivals+TDe9KW5F0GJl.jpg

Russy and his ashy lips say ? outta here lil ? ....

runs-house.jpg?d=600