How Flabby & Sick was Larry Holmes lmao?????

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I never really seen how flabby and sick Larry Holmes was.. He was right out of my era but so I never saw how sick and flabby he was.. whoever first said that bar was legendary tho

Comments

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Almost as legendary as the progression of a ? normal career
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dude was looking pretty flabby, tupac was the first I heard say it.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How do you not know that Pac was the originator of that line? Smh.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »

Get off my head... I could care less who said it, I thought Jay said it but I was guessing really.. I just wanted to see how flabby and sick Larry Holmes actually was.. was he flabby like Flubber, was he sick with the spits on the side of his mouth.. I wanna know lol
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Get off my head... I could care less who said it, I thought Jay said it but I was guessing really.. I just wanted to see how flabby and sick Larry Holmes actually was.. was he flabby like Flubber, was he sick with the spits on the side of his mouth.. I wanna know lol

Nah this line referred to the beating Holmes took at the hands of Tyson. Holmes looked old and fat and got his head handed to him.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I guess that fight when he fought Mike Tyson--- who was 20 at the time and Larry Holmes was around 40 something... he talked about how tyson should respect his elders and how he was going to put a whopping on him or whatnot... I think he was close to retiring or had retired but he wanted to show the world at his age how to beat Tyson becuz noone was able to do so...thus the fight came and Tyson worn his ass out lol... the fight in itself had him looking old and flabby and slow and Tyson was literally toying with his old ass... I wannna say the annoucers was making funny comments about his old ass fighting Tyson young ass or something... I was young too...but I remember going to a fight party and my uncles were laughing and saying towards Holmes "Look at this old motherfugger..running for his life"
    He talked all that ? in the media but he out here looking like a grandpa and ? Lmao... I was remember being like 6 years old lmao at this dude in the ring
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I remember that fight, he should have just stayed retired. He was not ready for Tyson, but Holmes was a good fighter when he WAS in his prime tho
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Holmes is very under rated as far as heavyweights in history

Dude had the goat jab but had the misfortune of being in his prime after the Ali era(the goat era for heavyweights) and before the Tyson era
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »

Dude had the goat jab but had the misfortune of being in his prime after the Ali era(the goat era for heavyweights) and before the Tyson era

he got a lot hate for beating the breaks off Ali and was going to break Marciano's record and even said he would have beat Marciano and the judges ? him in the decison against Spinks...he even said he knew he couldn't beat Tyson; but Don King threw that money at him and he couldn't resist
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    he got a lot hate for beating the breaks off Ali and was going to break Marciano's record and even said he would have beat Marciano and the judges ? him in the decison against Spinks...he even said he knew he couldn't beat Tyson; but Don King threw that money at him and he couldn't resist

the powers that be didn't want him to surpass a white man record.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I never really seen how flabby and sick Larry Holmes was.. He was right out of my era but so I never saw how sick and flabby he was.. whoever first said that bar was legendary tho

bruh...theres this invention called the internet...and on said internet there are search engines...just a hint....
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    holmes dont get the credit he deserve
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »

sign-co.............
  • MUDDYWATERZ
    MUDDYWATERZ Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dat Niqqa jumpin off cars n' ?
  • darknight
    darknight Members Posts: 185
    edited July 2011
    Options
    LMAO Larry Holmes was gangsta as ? jumpin off that car onto Trevor Berbick. Berbick was dry snitchin like a muthafucka too
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How is that not a .gif yet?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's some backstage WWE ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »

u impregnate charlie ? ??
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk but he beat the living ? out of tommy davidson.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, did I just see Larry Holmes drop kick somebody off a limo with a running start?

? ain't real.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol wrestling moves off the limo
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »

LMAO. This ? does not get old at all.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A drop kick off the roof of the limo by holmes!