Ryan Mallet and the Rest of the QB Class

Options
young law
young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
People seemed to be judged off "hardware" no matter how good your stats are.
Wellllll

do you think Ryna Mallet is gonna have more Rings than any other QB in his class???

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    unless he gets traded in the future he wont play til at least 4 or 5 years.........they'll probably showcase him a lot during Exhibition games next couple of years.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so you think he will be a patriot for 4 or 5 years???

wouldnt that set him up to get atleast one ring
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    so you think he will be a patriot for 4 or 5 years???

wouldnt that set him up to get atleast one ring

Seriously doubt it , Tom Brady just signed a new deal last year 4 year Extension $72 Mil , $48.5 million Guaranteed

Ryan Mallet is not gonna wanna sit the bench for 4 years....unless he's cool with that , but he'll be 28 by then which is still young but he wouldnt have really played at all..

i think they got Mallet more for a showcase cuz how QB driven this league is becoming and teams will be scratching and itching for a chance at him for a possible trade if his showcasing goes well they will move him, i could be wrong but thats a long time to sit..

Tom Brady has to get hurt or traded for Mallet to play , cuz i dont see tom going anywhere anytime soon ....

who know's tho' , weird stuff happens all the time, but i just struggle seeing Ryan Mallet being with the pats 3 or 4 years from now, i mean dude is pretty much gonna be glued to the clip board and u know he's gonna wanna play.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ryan Mallet > every other QB in this draft

If he's smart he'll try and learn from Brady and Belichick for a few years and if Brady were to get hurt (he aint gettin traded) he could step in and try to shine. But regardless, he's got a chance to learn behind an alltime great QB so if he takes advantage of that he could be successful in another situation someday.

As far as rings, it depends on what you mean....like do you mean which QB will get a ring as a starter? or just get a ring period? Mallet could get rings on the bench quickly, Ponder probably has the best chance right now to get a ring because hes already got a good team around him.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options

If he's smart he'll try and learn from Brady and Belichick for a few years and if Brady were to get hurt (he aint gettin traded) he could step in and try to shine. But regardless, he's got a chance to learn behind an alltime great QB so if he takes advantage of that he could be successful in another situation someday.

As far as rings, it depends on what you mean....like do you mean which QB will get a ring as a starter? or just get a ring period? Mallet could get rings on the bench quickly, Ponder probably has the best chance right now to get a ring because hes already got a good team around him.

thats what um sayin
    lets say he stay with the pats

the pats are always in contention for a ring.
    he could easily get 2 within the next 5 years jus being 2nd on the depth chart.

rings counted is rings counted
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thats what um sayin
    lets say he stay with the pats

the pats are always in contention for a ring.
    he could easily get 2 within the next 5 years jus being 2nd on the depth chart.

rings counted is rings counted

him being glued to the bench for his whole career and gettin 2 rings VS Andy Dalton (for example) being a good QB, with good numbers, and makes a few playoffs runs

Andy Dalton would be viewed as the better player and rightfully so
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Colin Kaepernick is the best QB out of this class. He will be playing under Jim Harbaugh, so SF, 2-3 years from now - is THE team to watch out for.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    s0j0urner wrote: »
    Colin Kaepernick is the best QB out of this class. He will be playing under Jim Harbaugh, so SF, 2-3 years from now - is THE team to watch out for.

Been saying this from the beginning. i was hoping our team picked him up. but also for my team's sake i hope locker fares out good as well
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My Qb ratins for this class

Newton
    Kapernik
    Mallet
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The only "dynasty" to ever renew itself was the Niners in the 80s and 90s. And they did that by having the same ground-breaking offensive system, the GOAT Wide Receiver (and arguably the GOAT player period) and a back-up QB that was good enough to start on about 15 teams (Steve Young) that took over when Montana got hurt/old.

Otherwise, it's ridiculous to think the Patriots are gonna just continue to be a 'ship contender just because of their logo and Belichik. Belichik also coached the Browns once upon a time too, so it ain't like every thing he touches turns into rangs.

But of course, people (especially Pats fans) will think that. Just like Cowboys fans thought they'd have at least 10 'ships by now if you asked a Cowboy fan in like '96. Mallet's chances of success are no better or worse than any other QB.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options
    greenwood stay comin thru with the cowboys zingers
    hahaha

but serious talk,
    i woulda never thought the boys woulda had as much bad luck as they have had all last decade
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    greenwood stay comin thru with the cowboys zingers
    hahaha

but serious talk,
    i woulda never thought the boys woulda had as much bad luck as they have had all last decade

Nah, I just mentioned them 'cause they were the last official dynasty before New England's run....

....But yeah, ? the Cowgirls. The ones in Arlington and Stillwater.
  • young law
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lol,
    even the Posse catchin shots tonight
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Newton

Ponder
    Colin K
    Gabbert
    Mallett

for now.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Andy Dalton is that dude....I dont see mallet doing much
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IMO Mallett was the best QB in this draft...and should have been drafted higher....but i guess those "character issues" ? him....as far as winning rangs on his own...it honestly depends on the TEAM (see how I put an emphasis on that) that surrounds him....a talented QB playing for an ass franchise is a sad sight to see.

I also see Cam panning out to be a pretty good player because i can tell the kid really loves the game and is actually sincere in wanting to get better as a QB.....a lot of the naysayers about Cam is just hate cause they feel some kinda way about the scandal at Aubarn(? them by the way)

Blaine Gabbert = flop.....product of Mel Kiper ESPN hype....how the ? do you play in a pass happy Conf, where defense is non-existent beside OU and Texas...and STILL put up mediocre numbers...Mel Kiper said dude was the number one QB and magically every "Football expert" is high on Gabbert....?
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seriously doubt it , Tom Brady just signed a new deal last year 4 year Extension $72 Mil , $48.5 million Guaranteed

Ryan Mallet is not gonna wanna sit the bench for 4 years....unless he's cool with that , but he'll be 28 by then which is still young but he wouldnt have really played at all..

i think they got Mallet more for a showcase cuz how QB driven this league is becoming and teams will be scratching and itching for a chance at him for a possible trade if his showcasing goes well they will move him, i could be wrong but thats a long time to sit..

Tom Brady has to get hurt or traded for Mallet to play , cuz i dont see tom going anywhere anytime soon ....

who know's tho' , weird stuff happens all the time, but i just struggle seeing Ryan Mallet being with the pats 3 or 4 years from now, i mean dude is pretty much gonna be glued to the clip board and u know he's gonna wanna play.

In 2-3 years they will probably use him like Philly is using Kolb.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Mallet=Drew Bledsoe....i think Mallet is and will be the best out of this class. Whether he gets more rings than the others in his class, who knows.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Andy Dalton is that dude....I dont see mallet doing much

LMAO.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Newton

Ponder
    Colin K
    Gabbert
    Mallett

for now.

Huh??

I dont care what mallet does whenever he does play, he will not be worse than those 2 bums
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

And my quote is farfetched? Lol I swear you ? try too hard
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »