The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

Options
toheeb27
toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Current Champs

England: MAN UTD
Spain: BARCELONA
Italy: AC MILAN
Holland: AJAX
France: LILLE
Germany: B DORTMUND

Champions League: BARCELONA
Europa League: PORTO

Feel free to predict the future champs. Please post here often, especially on Game-day.

Looks like we have built up a nice amount of regular posters, should be an awesome season.

As for fantasy, if Spliff ever shows up, he can reactivate the league so that i can DEFEND my title losers. If he does not show up, i will start a new one.

Once Millz shows up, i will get him to sticky this thread

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reporting for Duty!!
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Reporting for Duty!!

Dude, We have not done ? this off season. Looks like Pastore is going to be our big signing. but we ? need WINGERS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Dude, We have not done ? this off season. Looks like Pastore is going to be our big signing. but we ? need WINGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Pastore is a flop in the making.
    Nevertheless, in England: Manchester united and chelsea in a close 1st an 2nd place.
    Spain: real Madrid. They will be ready best believe
    Italy: AC Milan
    Germany: bayern Munich. Quality stopper in nauer and I believe boateng will be there best defender.
    Portugal: porto
    Champions league: real Madrid. Reach the semi final last year in Jose mourinho 1st term, 2nd term they will own it
    Scotland: rangers
    Dutch: ajax
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    Champions league: real Madrid. Reach the semi final last year in Jose mourinho 1st term, 2nd term they will own it

I hoping Jose sorts the team and makes that happen (if Arsenal don't win the CL of course)

Leading on from the other thread: if we get a Fantasy League competition running again like last season are you lot up for upping the stakes and including a cash prize for the winner? £5 per person, winner gets the lot. Of course you don't have to pay but then you don't win the money if you come up top. Interested? Answers on a postcard.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    2012 End of the drought. ? what ya heard and ? what ya think..
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    City will start the season off right by defeating United at the Community Shield.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    1. Imma need to start messing with PSG once FIFA 12 comes out
    2. How the hell we lose another player who wanted to play for us ( the player I'm speaking of is Blaise Matuidi who along with Menez just signed with PSG)
    3. My predictions:

EPL - Chelsea (Swan song for the current club)
    La Liga - FC Barcelona
    Serie A - AC Milan
    Ligue 1 - Marseille (Wouldn't be surprised if PSG won (only reason I so high on them is because unlike the other clubs owned by arabs PSG has made smart and somewhat cheap buys)
    Eredivisie - Ajax (Depends on what happens by the end of the transfer window they still have there championship squad in tact)
    SPL - Celtic
    German Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i'll reactivate the league...

everybody sign up
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I hoping Jose sorts the team and makes that happen (if Arsenal don't win the CL of course)

Leading on from the other thread: if we get a Fantasy League competition running again like last season are you lot up for upping the stakes and including a cash prize for the winner? £5 per person, winner gets the lot. Of course you don't have to pay but then you don't win the money if you come up top. Interested? Answers on a postcard.

if u want to give me your money thats fine by me.

blacks only in my team this year, i cant afford any weaknesses.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Pastore is a flop in the making.
    Nevertheless, in England: Manchester united and chelsea in a close 1st an 2nd place.
    Italy: AC Milan
    Germany: bayern Munich. Quality stopper in nauer and I believe boateng will be there best defender.
    Portugal: porto
    Scotland: rangers
    Dutch: ajax

how is neuer a stopper? boy is the new goalie, they paid more than 20 millon gbp for him. agree on real, i'd love to see them dethroning barca this year
    One Spliff wrote: »
    i'll reactivate the league...

everybody sign up

lank or die
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited July 2011
    Options
    United, per a report, going after Roma's Mirko Vucinic. Smh you United fans can no longer get on City's case for stockpiling strikers.
  • Figo
    edited July 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    how is neuer a stopper? boy is the new goalie, they paid more than 20 millon gbp for him. agree on real, i'd love to see them dethroning barca this year

lank or die

Goalkeeper I meant to say. Good correction. Barcelona gonna be the strong ad usual. My problem with real Madrid, when they face Barcelona, they don't play with that 100% want to win attitude. When Barcelona begin stringing passes, they fold. Xavi, inuesta, messi, mainly inuesta need to be focus on. That lil ? is ? nifty.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    is man u still after snejder?

And can anyone tell me were the hell would fabregas fit in at barca with the midfielders they already have?
  • toheeb27
    edited July 2011
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    is man u still after snejder?

And can anyone tell me were the hell would fabregas fit in at barca with the midfielders they already have?

Same here, i dont get the infatuation.
  • Figo
    edited July 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Same here, i dont get the infatuation.

according to Xavi and co, he got the "BARCA DNA" whatever the hell that means. This ? fab and arsene wenger lead Arsenal to no title in 6 years
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Liverpool, Merseyside - REDS for life!

liverpool_fc_by_josephlee.jpg

Barca, too!

barca-winning-champi_769831.jpg
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just to chime in on this, they want Fab (Barcelona does) to provide depth at midfield. Sure Xavi and Iniesta are 30, but they are not showing signs of slowing down. As everyone knows, soccer players are amongst the most well conditioned athletes. Xavi and Iniesta have at least 4 more productive years ahead of them. Cesc is not going to stand being a benchwarmer at his boyhood club, he a fool if he say otherwise. He's better than Afellay and Sanchez, but the aforementioned are no slouches and will push for playing time alongside Fab if he goes to Barcelona. Stay at Arsenal, stick with the consistency of getting into champions league and strive for the Carling Cup, Community Shield, Fa Cup, and the EPL title which in the premier league, you can contribute more in trying to get.
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    City will start the season off right by defeating United at the Community Shield.

Nah..............
  • bham100
    bham100 Members Posts: 316
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Have you seen whats happening to Birmingham City they are ? .
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bham100 wrote: »
    Have you seen whats happening to Birmingham City they are ? .

And they still are going to play in Europe this year.
  • -Vincenzo-
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Goalkeeper I meant to say. Good correction. Barcelona gonna be the strong ad usual. My problem with real Madrid, when they face Barcelona, they don't play with that 100% want to win attitude. When Barcelona begin stringing passes, they fold. Xavi, inuesta, messi, mainly inuesta need to be focus on. That lil ? is ? nifty.

i think ronaldo's and mourinho's ego can't take another year of bein number 2, they will be 120% motivated.

Watch out for ManCity this year, Aguero will make the difference plus Dzeko will hopefully get back to his old form he had before he joined them

And what's up with the fantasy league, will there be one?
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If Tevez does stay until January then that strike partnership will be unstoppable... Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko. Balotelli... they need to sign an attacking midfielder though. Fair enough, Yaya Toure's been doing the job well but I dunno, he's not that natural at it I guess.

And smh at us not signing a striker yet, I get the feeling we'll end up with a ? one by the end of the season because we ? around too much in the transfer window
  • -Vincenzo-
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If Tevez does stay until January then that strike partnership will be unstoppable... Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko. Balotelli... they need to sign an attacking midfielder though. Fair enough, Yaya Toure's been doing the job well but I dunno, he's not that natural at it I guess.

And smh at us not signing a striker yet, I get the feeling we'll end up with a ? one by the end of the season because we ? around too much in the transfer window

if tevez stays they gonna rip competition apart...

speakin of Balo did you see this:
  • bham100
    bham100 Members Posts: 316
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    And they still are going to play in Europe this year.

Im not to sure if they have sorted that yet.

Its going to a wholesale tho for them in the next couple of months. The next Leeds.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    bham100 wrote: »
    Im not to sure if they have sorted that yet.

Its going to a wholesale tho for them in the next couple of months. The next Leeds.

But at least Leeds went to a Champions League semi