"I tried to teach you to be kings, but ya'll want to be soldiers".

Options
black caesar
black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Damn Hov was speaking some real ? with this line. It's parallel with what is going on in all of our lives I sure.

Have ya'll ever been at the point in your where, you're putting on peoples on, in hopes of ya'll reaching a new tax bracket, but no matter how good the idea is or you learned something that can better yourself and others, but people don't seem to want to be down with it, or give you the run around making excuses?

Case in point. Last month, I met this cat last month that put me on to becoming a Network Engineer. I put all of my crew on to this with no catches at all, even offered to give them the books need. (Downloaded PDF's that is for free) I even went as far as to attempt to start a study group, so we can all pass the exam and start using the money from that to finance each of our goals and dreams. But they just don't seem to be with it.

Another case, when I got laid of my corporate job back in 09, for the next 2 years, I was in Barnes & Nobles everyday reading books dealing with finance. (Also downloaded the books) I tried to put cats on how to trade, and invest in numerous financial instruments. I even went as far as to tell them how Swiss Banking works! Again to no avail.

I can't lie, I was questioning my leadership skills. But someone mentioned to me that, some people you can't help no matter your intentions, but the minute they see it's working for you, then they come running. SMH

I want to know if any of ya'll have dealt with this. Did you distance yourself away from these people? Did you continue to try to school? How did you ladies and gents handle it?

Comments

• tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cosign to the fullest

? is life b...some ppl were just meant to be losers/followers

its the ? mentality wrapped up in one....every generation older than you tells you not to fall victim to the pleasures of the present....then when its too late ? hits you and life has passed you by
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Most people ARE meant to be soldiers. That's just how humans & mammals in general are.

The good thing is, you can always use them as employees and if they do poor work, fire them. Or, don't hire them in the first place but keep the friendship alive. Either way it's a win for u if you stick to your dream, which is most important.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah Jigga's every lyric holds so much meritGeeeeeeyitdafukoutaheeyah!!!
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think Beans wanted to be a soldier.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Real thread...

Old friends...old stories, you live and you learn.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • black caesar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    Yeah Jigga's every lyric holds so much meritGeeeeeeyitdafukoutaheeyah!!!

LOL ? I said that one lyric.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think Beans wanted to be a soldier.

paper soldier.....
  • black caesar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    paper soldier.....

State Property which Beans is about to be again. Son is facing 3 years for tax evasion.
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL ? I said that one lyric.

Nah for real though I feel you. My ? still be trying to ask me if I want to move packs, lie in court and put hands on chumps.
    I'm like " ? I ain't that same hot headed teenagr with a screw loose. I'm a college educate family man with a business"
  • black caesar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    Nah for real though I feel you. My ? still be trying to ask me if I want to move packs, lie in court and put hands on chumps.
    I'm like " ? I ain't that same hot headed teenagr with a screw loose. I'm a college educate family man with a business"

I respect that man. You have things to lose.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn Hov was speaking some real ? with this line. It's parallel with what is going on in all of our lives I sure.

Have ya'll ever been at the point in your where, you're putting on peoples on, in hopes of ya'll reaching a new tax bracket, but no matter how good the idea is or you learned something that can better yourself and others, but people don't seem to want to be down with it, or give you the run around making excuses?

Case in point. Last month, I met this cat last month that put me on to becoming a Network Engineer. I put all of my crew on to this with no catches at all, even offered to give them the books need. (Downloaded PDF's that is for free) I even went as far as to attempt to start a study group, so we can all pass the exam and start using the money from that to finance each of our goals and dreams. But they just don't seem to be with it.

Another case, when I got laid of my corporate job back in 09, for the next 2 years, I was in Barnes & Nobles everyday reading books dealing with finance. (Also downloaded the books) I tried to put cats on how to trade, and invest in numerous financial instruments. I even went as far as to tell them how Swiss Banking works! Again to no avail.

I can't lie, I was questioning my leadership skills. But someone mentioned to me that, some people you can't help no matter your intentions, but the minute they see it's working for you, then they come running. SMH

I want to know if any of ya'll have dealt with this. Did you distance yourself away from these people? Did you continue to try to school? How did you ladies and gents handle it?

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

A person would first want that change in their own life before they can sign on to making moves for their future.

All you can do is put yourself on and get you money up. When you come around and they see you living good and doing what you want with your life. The ? tired of their situation will pipe up and ask how'd you do it. Those are the ones you reach out to and show them. But if you excited about something, and you can't get your ? to feel the same way you do about it then just do it yourself. Because you'll be wasting your time trying to put everyone on.
  • black caesar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink"

A person would first want that change in their own life before they can sign on to making moves for their future.

All you can do is put yourself on and get you money up. When you come around and they see you living good and doing what you want with your life. The ? tired of their situation will pipe up and ask how'd you do it. Those are the ones you reach out to and show them. But if you excited about something, and you can't get your ? to feel the same way you do about it then just do it yourself. Because you'll be wasting your time trying to put everyone on.

Real spit. I've been doing it myself. I'm not waiting on anyone. So did you go through this with your peoples?
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Real spit. I've been doing it myself. I'm not waiting on anyone. So did you go through this with your peoples?

HEEEEELLLLL YEA!!! Which is why I can't knock your frustration. But I learned real quick that a person is cool with they situation until they situation ain't cool no more. Nothing I can say or do will change that, unless I go out of my way and put actual money in a ? 's hand. They don't see that the books and the plan is the same as putting money in their pockets.

But when I pull up to the homie's barbeque with my wife, new car with system, after just going shopping, and I didn't have to rob or sell ? to no body. They wanna complain about they situation. I feel bad but then a part of me just shake my head because it's like I already told y'all what I was doing before I even did it.

I wouldn't even call myself rich or baller status by any stretch of the word. But I am doing a helluva lot better then I was 3 or 4 years ago, my account looks more attactive, and I own all of my ? . Now I got a few of the homies wanting to have lunch and talk about how to get the same kind of money, and that's cool. But they could've had this all along. But that's not my job to say that, I'll just put them on when they ready.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'ma be real, I don't congregate wit' ain't ? ? , soooooo.....
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kevmic wrote: »
    But I learned real quick that a person is cool with they situation until they situation ain't cool no more.....

true ? right here
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    you can lead a horse to water...
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If everyone was a king, the nations would be small as ? .

Most ? don't need to be in power or empowered.

So leave them ? at the bottom of the pyramid.

Let the soldiers support the pharaoh at the top.

Because an army of pharaohs would be mad inefficient:
  • black caesar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    If everyone was a king, the nations would be small as ? .

Most ? don't need to be in power or empowered.

So leave them ? at the bottom of the pyramid.

Let the soldiers support the pharaoh at the top.

Because an army of pharaohs would be mad inefficient:

Trill ? .
  • HOODEDpNESS
    HOODEDpNESS Members Posts: 32
    edited August 2011
    Options
    memphis10 wrote: »
    real ? if ppl lazy and got no drive they gonna be stuck like that. some ppl are more content with complaining

The realest ? i ever read

Got enough of those in my life

HpN
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn Hov was speaking some real ?

lol none of his artists r on any of his 5 hits
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I learned not to share my business with people, until everything is up in running. I usually leave people in the dark about my moves, until they are made... I find that people speak too much negativity and stand against others..

I don't really share my info like that, until established. & I am the same way in relationships, I don't really share a lot with people.

However some people have understanding, and those are the ones who I share things with..I fully scan and check people out before I start telling them my moves.
  • KOK89
    KOK89 Members Posts: 30
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the hacker wrote: »
    paper soldier.....

lmao best rocafella movie they made
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Real Lady wrote: »
    I learned not to share my business with people, until everything is up in running. I usually leave people in the dark about my moves, until they are made... I find that people speak too much negativity and stand against others..

I don't really share my info like that, until established.
    & I am the same way in relationships, I don't really share a lot with people.

However some people have understanding, and those are the ones who I share things with..I fully scan and check people out before I start telling them my moves.

Real ? . Best way to be, especially in black business.