My house like a museum so I see 'em when I'm peeing
    Usually you have this much taste you European
    That's the end of that way of thinking, ? never again
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    lol im not surprized cuz j said he had enuff stamina fa pamela anderson & ye b kissin on gurlz that look katty perry...,

cosign family, Jay be nuthin but an uncle tom
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the Battles between Nas And Hova represent the modern yin and yang of HipHop...
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

c/s
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Co-sign. As I said in my other posts, Jay and Nas represent The Money (financial empowerment) and The Message (spiritual empowerment) hence their respective progression in their approaches- Nas went from Illmatic to ? to Distant Relatives GOAT musically and Jay has become the most business savvy rapper of all time.

I've always detested that money aspect so always hated the Puffy's, Jay's etc and aligned myself with the Wutang's and Nases but now recognise just different ideologies but both necessary aspects of hiphop and life. I'm still more inclined towards the deeper, substantial, artistic music but can appreciate a wider range of music more now because of that realisation. I can appreciate Watch the Throne for what it is now and enjoy it as a really good album with no hate in my blood but it still wont compare to a Distant Relative for sheer audacity, substance and artistic creativity.To each his own.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have a question, because I see a lot of people on the boards calling Jay-Z a ? , a sell out, an Uncle Tom etc...Do people equate financial success/star power w/ selling out? Is it just the nature of black folks to hate another man that is able to make it out of the trap and is able to grow and make money, no matter what he raps about? I mean, to each his/her own, but ? damn, it seems like ? really hate this dude...for what?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BOW DOWN wrote: »
    My house like a museum so I see 'em when I'm peeing
    That's the end of that way of thinking, ? never again

......."That's the end of that way of thinking, ? never again"
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    I have a question, because I see a lot of people on the boards calling Jay-Z a ? , a sell out, an Uncle Tom etc...Do people equate financial success/star power w/ selling out? Is it just the nature of black folks to hate another man that is able to make it out of the trap and is able to grow and make money, no matter what he raps about? I mean, to each his/her own, but ? damn, it seems like ? really hate this dude...for what?

Jay is no sell out because his goal was always clear, focused- make money, build an empire doing whateva- the hustler mindstate.
    Now he might have dumbed down his content and lost his soul in the process of getting that paper (which was his original objective) but I think he's grown more aware as he gotten older. To be fair to Jay, at least he can still rap unlike some of these other fools who want to make money and can't rap.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

I guess it's obvious you haven't read through this thread otherwise you wouldn't sound so defensive for your idol.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    gifted wrote: »
    Jay is no sell out because his goal was always clear, focused- make money, build an empire doing whateva- the hustler mindstate.
    Now he might have dumbed down his content and lost his soul in the process of getting that paper (which was his original objective) but I think he's grown more aware as he gotten older. To be fair to Jay, at least he can still rap unlike some of these other fools who want to make money and can't rap.

Yes he is. Plus your post is contradiction.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    ......."That's the end of that way of thinking, ? never again"

His saying Europeans have better taste than everyone else................
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Your question is foolish, idiotic, and downright stupid.

Snoop Dogg was near the top of the Forbes list and nobody on these boards has ever called him an Uncle-Tom or a sellout.

Nobody has ever accused Birdman of being a House-******* so all that whiny ? -made crying by sensitive ? about "equating financial success" with selling-out is worthless, unfounded, and white-washed.

If you throw an argyle-scarf around your neck and refer to yourself as "Euro" while making corny-ass songs called "Ghetto-Techno" and make it a habit to cater your music to white-europeons while hugged up with Chris Martin....what the ? do you expect!

Why wasn't J.Prince called a sell-out, why wasn't Irv Gotti called an Uncle-Tom, why wasn't Master P. called a house-ni99er?????

Dame Dash could have been a half-a-billionaire but he didn't like the taste of white ass in his mouth....some people love the taste and it shows.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Snoop Dogg was near the top of the Forbes list and nobody on these boards has ever called him an Uncle-Tom or a sellout.

Nobody has ever accused Birdman of being a House-******* so all that whiny ? -made crying by sensitive ? about "equating financial success" with selling-out is worthless, unfounded, and white-washed.

If you throw an argyle-scarf around your neck and refer to yourself as "Euro" while making corny-ass songs called "Ghetto-Techno" and make it a habit to cater your music to white-europeons while hugged up with Chris Martin....what the ? do you expect!

Why wasn't J.Prince called a sell-out, why wasn't Irv Gotti called an Uncle-Tom, why wasn't Master P. called a house-ni99er?????

Dame Dash could have been a half-a-billionaire but he didn't like the taste of white ass in his mouth....some people love the taste and it shows.

He hasn't been on here long enough..he's possibly another blinded JayHova Witness....
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options

tabernacle!!!! Ay H-Rap, whats up wit the Videos u promised?
  • H-Rap 180
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    tabernacle!!!! Ay H-Rap, whats up wit the Videos u promised?

I apologize, I been multi-tasking, you want me to PM them or send them to you on Facebook?
  • Mumo X
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I apologize, I been multi-tasking, you want me to PM them or send them to you on Facebook?

send them to me on Facebook. **Appreciates**
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lol didn't mumo X have a sig with Amy whinehouse in it, how u going to call people a sell outs and tom's if u was repping a well known racist.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I guess it's obvious you haven't read through this thread otherwise you wouldn't sound so defensive for your idol.

Yeah, he's my idol...? outta here with that lame ? ...it's not just him I see people say that ? about, it's most of the ? in the entertainment industry...I don't give a damn if ya'll like the bul or not, i just wanted to hear some different opinions on why other than the typical "house ? ", "? " ? ...obviously, you're just a hating ass ? , but that's cool...be you.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    Options
    spooky-tooth.jpg
    1.) "No Church in the Wild" contains samples from "K Scope" as performed by
    Phil Manzanera,

2.) "No Church in the Wild" contains a sample from "Sunshine Help Me" as performed by Spooky Tooth.

mrhudsonkanyewest.jpg
    3.) "Who Gon Stop Me" contains samples from "I Can't Stop" as performed by
    Flux Pavilion.

4.) "Murder to Excellence" contains samples from "La La La" as performed by
    Indiggo

jay-z-tackles-chris-martin.jpg

5.) "Why I Love You" contains samples from "I Love You So" as performed by
    Cassius.

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LMAO this thread was incredible and had a lot of Jigga Warriors catching feelings.

How are they upset with the T/S when Jay called himself "Euro Jay"??

This is comical
  • H-Rap 180
    edited September 2011
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    LMAO this thread was incredible and had a lot of Jigga Warriors catching feelings.

How are they upset with the T/S when Jay called himself "Euro Jay"??

This is comical

One odd and strange poster made a duplicate thread trying to imply that Rick Ross should be "Euro-Ross" because of his fondness for luxury brands and therefore he's on the same level of euro-worship as JayZ....LOL, that's the IQ level of a lot of these avatars.

It's kinda sad that I can give 50 different examples of JayZ being "Euro-Jay" and his stans still won't accept it.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is probably going to be the realest thread made in 2011.Real talk I applaud the brother that made this thread.

SERIOUSLY.THIS DUDE KNOCKED THIS ONE OUT THE PARK.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bumped for realness
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Call Jay what you want.

Call Nas what you want.

2 different men with 2 different agenda's

If you can spot the difference between these agenda's, you will be able to respect each mans hustle differently.

Under/overstand.......make ur choice.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah, he's my idol...? outta here with that lame ? ...it's not just him I see people say that ? about, it's most of the ? in the entertainment industry...I don't give a damn if ya'll like the bul or not, i just wanted to hear some different opinions on why other than the typical "house ? ", "? " ? ...obviously, you're just a hating ass ? , but that's cool...be you.

Okay. You done? Feelings caught? Good.

One, I'm not a hating ass ? ..Two, get out of denial and realize Jay is Euro-bound.