Alleged Soulja Slim Killer Is Dead.....

Options
mrrealone
mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Reason
My bad if this has been posted, but here....

9898330-small.jpg
When homicide detectives gathered early Saturday on a blighted Gentilly street and tended to the city's latest victim, they found a familiar face.
View full sizeGarelle Smith
There in the 3500 block of Hamburg Street lay Garelle Smith, 29, dead of gunshot wounds to his head and chest.
During the past decade, Smith bedeviled the NOPD like perhaps no other accused criminal. Time and again, prosecutors and police tied him to violent crimes, locked him up and prepared a case, only for it to fall apart.
Police alleged in 2003 he was paid $10,000 to fatally shoot renowned local rapper Soulja Slim, born James Tapp. Witnesses wouldn't come forward, and the case was dropped.
That same year, cops claimed Smith killed Spencer Smith Jr. Again, witnesses wouldn't come forward, and the case was dropped.
In 2007, Smith was jailed in the killing of 24-year-old Mandell Duplessis. Smith was also jailed that year in the killing of Terry Brock. Again, no witnesses, no case.
There would be other arrests: guns, drugs, trespassing. They would have similar fates.
Smith, meanwhile, became a poster boy for the fecklessness of the city's criminal justice system. He garnered notoriety in national news outlets.
In court, he was soft-spoken but assured, carrying himself with ease even as he faced a potential lifetime behind bars. His orange prison garb was almost always oversized; at 5 feet, 6 inches and 155 pounds, he was small in stature, but his legend outsized.
On the streets, he was whispered about in almost mythic tones. Some called him a hit man, an enforcer, a one-of-a-kind criminal who never left his neighborhood.
And it was there, a block from where he used to live, that he died from a gunshot.
The New Orleans Police Department's news release on the murder is short and blunt: Officers received a call of a man shot, and upon their arrival, found the victim suffering from several gunshot wounds. The release makes no mention of the story behind Smith, or of the many times police played the cat-and-mouse game and lost.
NOPD officials declined to comment about the death of the longtime suspect Monday. The department has released no details on a possible motive or suspect in Smith's killing.
Smith had been in and out of jail since at least 1998, though he garnered few convictions as an adult. One of the rare cases that didn't evaporate was a 1998 conviction for attempted possession of a firearm while in possession of narcotics.
A judge sentenced him to five years in prison, but then allowed Smith to complete a GED and a local boot-camp program while on probation.
He had four separate cases hanging over his head when he died. His most recent arrest was June 26, when police allegedly caught him with a gun and a bag of marijuana.
He was scheduled to appear in court later this week for arraignment. If history is any guide, Smith probably would have pleaded not guilty.
••••••••
Staff writer John Simerman contributed to this report. Brendan McCarthy can be reached at bmccarthy@timespicayune.com or 504.826.3301.

It's alot more to this story, but my N.O. ? know wassup. RIP Slim too......

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hmm they never found his killer right? I heard a rumor someone from Nola(either master P or Baby and Slim I think) put the hit out on dude
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    they pinned a murder on Slim AFTER he was killed himself!

that whole ? is just a cluster ? of phucked upness!

the stuff people get killed over is almost always something not worth dying for but ? do. every day over BS
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i see nobody wanted to snitch
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Hmm they never found his killer right? I heard a rumor someone from Nola(either master P or Baby and Slim I think) put the hit out on dude

put the hit on slim or the dude that was the alledged killer.
  • mrrealone
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ ? -gif.... Yeah, they pulled a dude from a river and said Slim did it. Them laws in the NO is just as crooked though. So I can't believe them too much either.

shenco wrote: »

Nah, they caught this dude right after the murder and said he was paid 10G's along w/ another dude to do Slim in now the other dude (if Im not mistaken) skipped to ATL then back to HTown and them HTown ? wasn't havin it..... He got his issue there (this is all from what I'm hearing from N.O. ? now. But I think the sender of the hit is still out there.

And something else funny about this ? Garelle Smith is that he supposedly killed another ? the same way he did Slim in. He supposedly killed a ? when he was coming out of a FEMA trailer to smoke a cig or run a quick errand. That case got dropped too though. And I seen on the news that the dude coming out the FEMA trailers tomb is like next to Slim's toomb. You know thats how they bury them folks in the Nola cause of the low sea level or something like that...
  • Makaveli The King
    Makaveli The King Members Posts: 562
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    @ ? -gif.... Yeah, they pulled a dude from a river and said Slim did it. Them laws in the NO is just as crooked though. So I can't believe them too much either.

Nah, they caught this dude right after the murder and said he was paid 10G's along w/ another dude to do Slim in now the other dude (if Im not mistaken) skipped to ATL then back to HTown and them HTown ? wasn't havin it..... He got his issue there (this is all from what I'm hearing from N.O. ? now. But I think the sender of the hit is still out there.

so who sent the hit on slim.
  • mrrealone
    edited August 2011
    Options
    so who sent the hit on slim.

Your guess is good as mine brah. Doubt if it was P or Baby though, and I ain't saying it aint them, but the hearts of them N.O. ? is just wicked!! Every ? wanna tier rep or be the boss. And you may have heard of this young lady named Magnolia Shorty. She was supposedly killed cause she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was riding w/ the ? who was beefin w/ the ? that wasted Slim. She got hit like 20Xs and they still have yet to find her killer. They both was out the Nolia. May be Garelle Smith related, may not be, I don't know....

(Hook on that "Homegirl" song)
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn. Its rough out there in nawlins
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So dude is a serial killer and he just got bopped now.How come none of slims people got to him.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Real in the field
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    hell naw Baby wouldnt have any reason to ? Soulja Slim, they never had beef

even tho Slim was dissing P, I still couldnt see P doing it. Gotta be some ol local beef that happen ( I forgot who that click was tha I heard a lil beef with Slim, I think they from uptown. Its a street gang, I think they are from Melph projects in Nw Orleans)

7thwardslim, help a ? out?
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mannnnnn P Had Sum To Do With That ?
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Realist.........Thats all i can say.....Slim got killed in my ward, around my way......thats the 7th ward....do ya research.....yall never hear bout the 7th ward....
    but believe me....when i say that 7th is probably the hardest place in the N.O....not to take nothin from other wards.....but real talk the 7th ward is a ? killin field...
    if yall lil ? knew the ? i knew.....or even seen half the ? i seen, yall would love to be rappers or make lil doc's.....but this ? is real life for some of us...
    and Garelle is a 7th ward ? ..........if yall ever notice my sig on the bottom......its Slim....and its short and sweet....."I dont give a ? im over due-No excuses for none of the ? Soulja do".... again i close with "The Realist"......that ? was and still is the Realist Rapper from N.O...

R.I.P. to both of those brothers........and i was telling ? in all kinds of threads how ? in the N.O. is hitmen.......and Master P and Baby didnt have nothing to do with this..
    real ? on the streets wouldnt even take the money from P.....when P wanted to get Slim killed.......put 2 and 2 together.....after word got out P, probably wanted Slim killed...
    the whole Miller family wasnt allowed to step foot in New Orleans......even Romeo wouldve got his ? ....everybody kin to P.....so insert C Miller......if ? didnt know....C Murder the ? who told the streets P wanted Slim dead......so C Murder attached his self to Slim......in hopes that P realize if u sent the hit.....i maybe with him, thats something for P to thank about.......but Slim had so much respect on the street......that real ? wouldnt accept the money from P, and word got out ? told P, if u want Slim dead he gotta do it his self........P just let go......Slim whipped the ? outta Silk....cuz he couldnt close to P, and C-Murder gave him the greenlight to put them hands on Silk......thats why ? is 7th ward Slim.......i feel like Soulja Slim of the 7th ward.......thats why i fall back, cuz some of these posters just dont know.....they talk all crazy behind keyboard and screen...but dog this is really my life..........like real life ? for me........from time to time i post....but this All hip Hop ? is corny to tell u the truth.....yall ? be gettin glimpse into real street life ? , and yall criticize and cast judgement, from a million miles from the hood, yall dont understand how Rick Ross can be a C.O. and still get love from the streets... yall have no idea how the streets work......yall gettin info from the Music, dog im in the trenches.....and i do it for the real ? when i post on this board....
    i be in the streets talkin about yall ? on the IC.......and i think thats where u guys belong on the IC.....cuz i highly doubt 95% of this board will survive in the jungles of New Orleans......just look at our rappers and look at they background..........thats why i tell ? Lil Wayne could never be a studio gangsta or fake gang banger......this ? was raised by the Realist......he was under Slim wing when he damn near still a toddler.....this ? Wayne was raised by the upper echolon of real ? from New Orleans.....
    i mean this ? was born and bred by killers.......thats why sometimes he have to tone it down.......like when he said he would ? your babies i believe that ? ......
    thats how ? in New Orleans get down......and if a ? coming to get u, he comin to get you.......thats why Garelle had so many bodies........cuz he knew in his heart he did the wrong thing......but for the money i cant knock him.........and the ? who put the hit out on Slim......have status to get ? like Baby, Master P, Lil Wayne any big name ? from New Orleans yall ever heard of..........they have the status to greenlight any ? and he good as dead.....we call them Contracts....... if a ? gotta a contract on ya head......if your dont ? him, u dont get paid, and u get killed if he survived.......? down here be playing with big guns dog.......Chopper City for real...... ? would hit ya ass about 50-60 times dog........Slim had it coming he knew he had it coming.......

Sidenote- Its no secret the N.O.P.D.........killed Garelle......and word on the streets they have 1 more dude left connected to killin Slim......and he pretty much a walkin target.....
    u know how the streets talk........"oh thats the dude who had something to do with Slim gettin killed"........any random person from New Orleans woll become a trigga man......all real ? took a oathe to the streets.......and every ? who had something to do with Slim gettin killed die.........that word on the Slim head.........Big Dog the City riding for you......we bangin out for you........so when yall see ? from New Orleans.....yall see Soulja Slim.......every ? in the street took a vow, to recreate Slim spirit and his spirit will never die.........since his death, ? on the streets elevated they street-mentality...... face tattoos like crazy......like when Slim died the whole city died......and we came back as vicious animals.........we Louisi-Animalz......come play around in this jungle and never leave.......the Realist.......spoken from a real ? ....... a type ? that shouldnt be posting on All Hip Hop.......but hey until yall come to the killin fields of the 7th ward.....yall may think im bullshittin and pullin ya leg.......but New Orleans was the Murder Cap....
    for 20 straights..........i said 2 decades straight......and 10 of those years we was the Murder Cap of the World........ yall heard that the M'F Murder Cap of the World.....
    its nothing to brag about..........its a token of appreciation for life.......its a swag some will have.....just to survive in that place is a ? miracle.......so i keep a 40 with a ? on it.......we call extended clips ? ........so yea i keep a 40 with a stupid ? hangin out the bottom, i gotta live and the police are now understanding......that man these streets so ? up, only stupid people dont carry guns........if u not strapped u tryna commit suicide on these streets......having a gun with more then 20 shots is a must......

yall ? watch "New Orleans Xposed"........ and get better drift of what 7th ward Slim tellin yall ? ........when yall see that sign that read "Welcome to New Orleans" and the sign behind it says "Beware of Stray Bullets''..........
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We'll never know
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ? gets real down here...from the the N.O. to B.R. it aint place in America thats realer than these too areas...I put money on that...but I remember B.G. offering I wanna say 10 stacks for the ? who killed Slim...? poured his heart out on that song....? B.G. had it in his heart to go do the hit himself...but him and Slim use to talk about advancing in this rap game..Slime knew that they needed to advance themselves...he knew B.G. still had that flow....I like that album them two had together...but again it's hard to stay away from the streets down here in the city.......Slim was the one who really got B.G. off that monkey and kept dude str8...IMO...but to piggy back on what 7th stated...C gave the green light...Slim stated that he wasn't going to ? with Silkk...becuz of his ties with C...but all that went out the window when C got locked up and like 7th stated...C sent out the word to go ahead and handle that...since C felt P was distancing himself from him during his trial...mayne it's so much ? that goes on down here lol...I laugh at these clowns on here that throw salt and Wayne...? is crazy....Slim got the whole word putting tats in their faces...lol....R.I.P. Slim baby...we miss u boy
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn crazy ? New Orleans aint nuthin to ? wit
  • 7thwardslim
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Damn i gotta get my ? reviewed by a moderator, i mean damn i hope i didnt offend nobody........ www.realtalk4realniggas.com

im just talkin bout the City where im from and how it be......

R.I.P.... Slim..... u see what im sayin, u brought the Real outta ? in the City......its no lookin back.....look New Orleans ? in they eye.....all u see is real
  • 7thwardslim
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I got that link to New Orleans Exposed part 2 i hope they let it go thru.......so yall ? could see this is part 2 of the classic part 1........ we could have a ? sequel that goes to 1,000,000,000 so many real ? and so much go down in the city.......man let that link go thru like a real ? supposed to....let a real ? hip these youngster to some real ? .......? all the songs......i brang visuals to yall ? so yall know how we gettin down see what im sayin.....
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7th ward slim bringin that real to ya'll ? once again...
  • FoolTime
    FoolTime Members Posts: 1,311 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    RIP Magnolia SLim...Realeast to ever do it

• mrrealone
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Alright Ima GA ? and never step foot in the NO or BR area, but I been on Slim ever since I heard of the ? and I mean that!! I actually remember liking the ? music on NL, ? released that "Years Later" album and I thought it sucked, but when that ? revamped w/ the "Years Later Few Months After", I seen he still had it. I was in FYE checking out his music, but I couldn't buy it cause I was broke as hell in college. Remembered hearing bout the shooting and how he passed too mane. Really messed me up cause I was pushing for the ? to blow like P, Baby, or 50, but getting wasted instead. So I know cause I been done met the ? mama and got pics and autographs w/ her when she was in GA and spoke to ? who knew Slim. I been on the ? since Down South Hustlers w/ P and right then and there seen the ? was talented as hell!! I'm certified when knowing bout that NO life cause its so real and spill into the music. I even knew bout the NO scene before P blew up w/ it cause Mystikal had that "Mind of Mystikal" thang and it was on from then on.....

So dude is a serial killer and he just got bopped now.How come none of slims people got to him.

Alright check. This gonna image what 7th Ward and Big Head was saying. Gonna sound crazy as hell, but I'll give you the real and this was also noted in the "Murderdog" magazine w/ Slim's momma "Miss Linda Tapp". Slim had some sell out friends alright. You said it yourself "how come none of Slims ppl got to him". The real trill friends that he may have was Geezy, and C which I know of. But look look look, the day he got murked, his own ? (CTC members) was stealing stuff from him. I know they took his laptop (and there is another story behind this), his chain, clothes, and more stuff of his. He passed away right, well his mama knew it wasn't safe to stay in that house in the Gentilly area so she went I think to her sisters house of course. She came back and someone broke in the house and stole a suit Slim had laid out for a concert, I think in Monroe, LA or something. And while he was layin dead on the ground only a few minutes after being shot to death, one of them ? managed to lift the chain off him. THATS WHAT YOU CALL CUTTHROAT!! This has all been documented too mane. But ? got the chain and clothes back. Now this laptop, which is had the album Big Head (post #17) was talking bout on it came up missing too. This has that Geezy and Slim album on it called "Uptown Souljas", or "Never Seen It Comin" on it. ? done went back in that crib and stole the laptop only to get that album (which is not supposed to be leaked by the way) and sold it on the streets. Slim had a cousin who also rapped named 12 O Klock (excuse if mispelled) who RIP too cause he was shot to death. And this is some of the reasons why 12 fell out with the fake CTC (Cutthroat Commity) members. Because of the stealing..... 12 and another member named Tre-Nitty( who was on Slim's first album on a NL song called "Get High With Me" and a random vid of C on BET "How Im Living") fell out w/ them lil ? and claim that they never even knew Slim for more than 2 months prior to his passing. And these are not some random ? who was walking up the street, and seen Slim laying there to steal his stuff and raid his crib out of valuables either. These were his close "friends". ? who he opened up his home to and gave names to. ? who he put on his label... Went cutthroat on the man at his time of death..... This the song Big Head was talking bout and these ? (except BG) were the ones accused of stealing stuff from Slim when he died and this caused the beef w/ Slims cousin 12. All that rapping and friend ? went right out the window mane..... Shocked me too at the fakery.....

Sidenote- Its no secret the N.O.P.D.........killed Garelle......and word on the streets they have 1 more dude left connected to killin Slim......and he pretty much a walkin target.....
    u know how the streets talk........"oh thats the dude who had something to do with Slim gettin killed"........any random person from New Orleans woll become a trigga man......all real ? took a oathe to the streets.......and every ? who had something to do with Slim gettin killed die.........that word on the Slim head.........Big Dog the City riding for you......we bangin out for you........so when yall see ? from New Orleans.....yall see Soulja Slim.......every ? in the street took a vow, to recreate Slim spirit and his spirit will never die.........since his death, ? on the streets elevated they street-mentality...... face tattoos like crazy......like when Slim died the whole city died......and we came back as vicious animals.........we Louisi-Animalz......come play around in this jungle and never leave.......the Realist.......spoken from a real ? ....... a type ? that shouldnt be posting on All Hip Hop.......but hey until yall come to the killin fields of the 7th ward.....yall may think im bullshittin and pullin ya leg.......but New Orleans was the Murder Cap....
    for 20 straights..........i said 2 decades straight......and 10 of those years we was the Murder Cap of the World........ yall heard that the M'F Murder Cap of the World.....
    its nothing to brag about..........its a token of appreciation for life.......its a swag some will have.....just to survive in that place is a ? miracle.......so i keep a 40 with a ? on it.......we call extended clips ? ........so yea i keep a 40 with a stupid ? hangin out the bottom, i gotta live and the police are now understanding......that man these streets so ? up, only stupid people dont carry guns........if u not strapped u tryna commit suicide on these streets......having a gun with more then 20 shots is a must......

yall ? watch "New Orleans Xposed"........ and get better drift of what 7th ward Slim tellin yall ? ........when yall see that sign that read "Welcome to New Orleans" and the sign behind it says "Beware of Stray Bullets''..........

I wouldn't be surprised if them NOPD ? were the ones who had something to do w/ Slim's death. Whole city cutthroat!! How in the hell this ? dodge murder charge after murder charge after murder charge, then only manage to dodge drug charge, gun charges, and more charges????!!! That's police work bruh!!! It wouldn't surprise me the least if they had something to do w/ setting Slim up. Can't trust them laws either, but ? can't prove it though. I wish my luck w/ the laws was like that mane lol... Can't get a ? that killed a rapper, but they sho'll can lock up rappers can't they like C and Mac..... ? C, Mac, and Turk done caught the strong crooked arm of the laws.. I SMH @ these ? who quick to say someone guilty just because they seen the man mugshot on tv. A bunch of ? is what they is....

big head wrote: »
    ? gets real down here...from the the N.O. to B.R. it aint place in America thats realer than these too areas...I put money on that...but I remember B.G. offering I wanna say 10 stacks for the ? who killed Slim...? poured his heart out on that song....? B.G. had it in his heart to go do the hit himself...but him and Slim use to talk about advancing in this rap game..Slime knew that they needed to advance themselves...he knew B.G. still had that flow....I like that album them two had together...but again it's hard to stay away from the streets down here in the city.......Slim was the one who really got B.G. off that monkey and kept dude str8...IMO...but to piggy back on what 7th stated...C gave the green light...Slim stated that he wasn't going to ? with Silkk...becuz of his ties with C...but all that went out the window when C got locked up and like 7th stated...C sent out the word to go ahead and handle that...since C felt P was distancing himself from him during his trial...mayne it's so much ? that goes on down here lol...I laugh at these clowns on here that throw salt and Wayne...? is crazy....Slim got the whole word putting tats in their faces...lol....R.I.P. Slim baby...we miss u boy

Funny thing is I been seeing ? who supposed to be in tha A town w/ them Slim tats too!! "Souljasign" SMH.... ? down here think just cause he gone, they can ? the man style... SMH.. There is more to the story w/ C, P, and this hit thing. I don't know who sent it, but I doubt if it was P though. Aint 100 w/ that though. It could be any man w/ a wicked heart. So I can't call it. I'm talking bout I visit the A just for a day, go in these gas stations and see ? in the A w/ Souljasigns on they faces... Fake ? mane. Only 1 ? deserve tha respect for that and if he ain't grant it to you, then leave it alone!!
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Live by the sword...
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Rip vl mike

I didn't like the way he went at Bgizzle before he passed. This was beyonf some rapsh*t. He was actually trying to assassinate his character.