One thing 2Pac said that Made NO F*UCKIN SENSE

Options
KingJamal
KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Reason

Cube is really from Cali. He had a right to be mad at the east coast critics for dissing his city. Yea he might of capitalized off the moment but still He Is actually from L.A. of course he's gonna defend his city.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Eh pac called Cali his HOME tho. regardless of where he was born
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Eh pac called Cali his HOME tho. regardless of where he was born

I don't give a ?

So Cube wasn't supposed to defend L.A. cuz wat Pac said??? Pleeeez
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He talking bout cube tryna get shine off the beef to make himself hot, who did cube diss from ny?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "They say we thugs and ? ! Well then let's be thugs and ? until ? changes!"
    ---Tupac Ballet Shakur
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? made no sense period...how you gonna get mad cuz people are to have opinions other than positive about your music......
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He talking bout cube tryna get shine off the beef to make himself hot, who did cube diss from ny?

CUBE IS FROM CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And people were taking shots at cali. Cube had a right to defend his home. Pac was WRONG 4 saying wat he said. Especially becuz if there was no Cube there prolly wouldn't be a Pac.
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    And people were taking shots at cali. Cube had a right to defend his home. Pac was WRONG 4 saying wat he said. Especially becuz if there was no Cube there prolly wouldn't be a Pac.

No duh.HE was saying cube was only doing that ? to sell records, not being genuine. I asked who did cube diss?
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No duh.HE was saying cube was only doing that ? to sell records, not being genuine. I asked who did cube diss?

U didn't listen to the Westside Connection Album "Bow Down"?

He dissed quite a few folks. East Coast Critics for example
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we will wait a long time on for a specific name and answer to that question...
    a_list wrote: »
    ? made no sense period...how you gonna get mad cuz people are to have opinions other than positive about your music......
    The opinion were regionally biased so in that sense Cube had a point but the ? had not changed from when Cube was going have tracks produced in NY for his earlier albums...

I agree Cube set the pace for Pac which is one of the reasons I hold Cube in a higher favor status then Pac but Pac was talking purely about beef and he was not having a Westcoast/Eastcoast Beef Like the Media was trying to make it out he was Having Indie Deathrow versus Corporate Badboy beef and Cube was playing off the media spin to sell records which is what Pac felt was Wrong in Cubes taking financial advantage of and perpetuating this negative divisive tactic the mainstream media was using. Although I would have hoped that Pac and Cube would have talked it out and did a few records after clearing the air on what was what...
  • ICame4Pussy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    U didn't listen to the Westside Connection Album "Bow Down"?

He dissed quite a few folks. East Coast Critics for example
    Nope. did he diss any rappers?
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nope. did he diss any rappers?

Well um Common, WC dissed Q-Tip. I forgot wat his beef with Q-tip was all about. And like I said they just basically said ? East Coast Critics.
  • a_list
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we will wait a long time on for a specific name and answer to that question...

The opinion were regionally biased so in that sense Cube had a point but the ? had not changed from when Cube was going have tracks produced in NY for his earlier albums...

I agree Cube set the pace for Pac which is one of the reasons I hold Cube in a higher favor status then Pac but Pac was talking purely about beef and he was not having a Westcoast/Eastcoast Beef Like the Media was trying to make it out he was Having Indie Deathrow versus Corporate Badboy beef and Cube was playing off the media spin to sell records which is what Pac felt was Wrong in Cubes taking financial advantage of and perpetuating this negative divisive tactic the mainstream media was using. Although I would have hoped that Pac and Cube would have talked it out and did a few records after clearing the air on what was what...

im quite sure there were regionally biased critics from all over, i guess cats really wanted that east coast love....but if his beef was with the critics why was he dissin rappers.......
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Indie Deathrow versus Corporate Badboy

Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy?...

The Chronic was certified triple platinum by the end of 1993
    ? was certified 4X platinum May 1994
    Murder Was The Case Soundtrack sold over 500,000 units within two weeks
    Dogg Food sold 277,500 albums within it's first week
    AEOM moved 5 million units within two months
    7 Day Theory moved 664,000 copies on the first week

...i fail to see how Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What Pac was saying was, Cube wasn't talking about any beef with East Coast cats until Pac came to Death Row.
    People say Pac was born in NY but, representing West Coast. That's because The West basically raised him.
    Yeah he was born in NY and lived in Baltimore but, his important years was in Cali and they showed him love there.
    Cube did records with Public Enemy's producers and he was born in Cali, what Pac was saying he had a legit reason for what he was doing.
    Cube was cool with The East Coast until Pac signed with Death Row, Cube wasn't throwing up The W until the so called East/West ? .
  • a_list
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy?...

The Chronic was certified triple platinum by the end of 1993
    ? was certified 4X platinum May 1994
    Murder Was The Case Soundtrack sold over 500,000 units within two weeks
    Dogg Food sold 277,500 albums within it's first week
    AEOM moved 5 million units within two months
    7 Day Theory moved 664,000 copies on the first week

...i fail to see how Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy.

wasnt dr distrubuted by interscope?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wasnt dr distrubuted by interscope?

Yes they were.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im quite sure there were regionally biased critics from all over, i guess cats really wanted that east coast love....but if his beef was with the critics why was he dissin rappers.......

Alot of cats was dissing west coast artists at the time
    AZ dissed E40 in an interview saying 40water didn't deserve to be platinum
    Rasheed Wallace did the same (dissed E40)
    Biggie dissed E40 in an interview

it was just alot of ? talking sidewayz and west coast artists just got tired of the b-s- at the time...prompting bow down and ? like this....

Pac was on Million Dollar Spot (on this CD) and doing his thing as well.
    I believe that Ice Cube's response came around the same time as this. Both WC and Hall of Game came out in '96.
  • a_list
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Alot of cats was dissing west coast artists at the time
    AZ dissed E40 in an interview saying 40water didn't deserve to be platinum
    Rasheed Wallace did the same (dissed E40)
    Biggie dissed E40 in an interview

it was just alot of ? talking sidewayz and west coast artists just got tired of the b-s- at the time...prompting bow down and ? like this....

Pac was on Million Dollar Spot (on this CD) and doing his thing as well.

lol i remember phife saying "Vanilla ice platinum, shyts ridiculous".....rappers get dissed all of the time but when you lash out at fans for not likin ya music thats wack.....cats shouldve learned how to take criticism
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    What Pac was saying was, Cube wasn't talking about any beef with East Coast cats until Pac came to Death Row.
    People say Pac was born in NY but, representing West Coast. That's because The West basically raised him.
    Yeah he was born in NY and lived in Baltimore but, his important years was in Cali and they showed him love there.
    Cube did records with Public Enemy's producers and he was born in Cali, what Pac was saying he had a legit reason for what he was doing.
    Cube was cool with The East Coast until Pac signed with Death Row, Cube wasn't throwing up The W until the so called East/West ? .

Wrong Cube was cool with certain East Coast rappers

He had a problem wwith East Coast Critics. ur getting them confused.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

since late the 80's...n exactly where was cubes when the dissin was goin down??? it wasn't until 95' 96' this ? wanna speak up, the ? outta here wit dat ? ...
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    since late the 80's...n exactly where was cubes when the dissin was goin down??? it wasn't until 95' 96' this ? wanna speak up, the ? outta here wit dat ? ...

Late 80s????

The 1st person who really dissed the west coast was Tim Dog and that was in the 90s and MC Eiht and CMW handled that ?
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I disagree that Cube was trying to capitalize off of Pac's feuding.

At the time, the east did have a lot of criticism towards west coast artists. "Critics In NY" seemed genuine to me.

I wouldn't knock Cube or the rest of Westside Connection for that. Pac isn't the only one that had words for the east
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Caput said many things that made no sense like, ''5 shots couldn't drop me....I took it and smiled...........u claimed to be a player, but i ? ur wife''
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

In a way I kinda see where Pac was coming from..........
    I think it all started with ? like that Tim Dog "? Compton" song...this was like in 1990-91 or some ? . This ? whole album dissed west coast artist n some hating ass ? .

West Coast artist (Dr Dre, DJ Quik, MC Eiht, others) rode for the west for that ? , while at the same time Cube was doing tracks with NY producers etc.
    Then later on, Cube (like '96) they come up with Westside Connection bow down, etc.

For real, listen to this hatin ass ? .
    vs

I "guess" Pacs whole outlook was like "where was you then"? Either that or he was just feeling his own success and thought Cube was bitin off Hit 'Em Up like he said...
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In a way I kinda see where Pac was coming from..........
    I think it all started with ? like that Tim Dog "? Compton" song...this was like in 1990-91 or some ? . This ? whole album dissed west coast artist n some hating ass ? .

West Coast artist (Dr Dre, DJ Quik, MC Eiht, others) rode for the west for that ? , while at the same time Cube was doing tracks with NY producers etc.
    Then later on, Cube (like '96) they come up with Westside Connection bow down, etc.

For real, listen to this hatin ass ? .
    vs

I "guess" Pacs whole outlook was like "where was you then"? Either that or he was just feeling his own success and thought Cube was bitin off Hit 'Em Up like he said...

U know wats funny about that???

Pac saved Tim Dog's life in Cali lol

Bet ya'll didn't know that