• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    U know wats funny about that???

Pac saved Tim Dog's life in Cali lol

Bet ya'll didn't know that

yep yep you right I forgot all about that ? happened in sf.....
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy?...

The Chronic was certified triple platinum by the end of 1993
    ? was certified 4X platinum May 1994
    Murder Was The Case Soundtrack sold over 500,000 units within two weeks
    Dogg Food sold 277,500 albums within it's first week
    AEOM moved 5 million units within two months
    7 Day Theory moved 664,000 copies on the first week

...i fail to see how Death Row was indie compared to Bad Boy.
    Deathrow was independantly owned they had distribution through interscope who at the time when they 1st hooked up was a small non major label/distributer trying to establish itself in LA. Between the distribution of Deathrow and artists Like Pac, NIN and No Doubt who were actually Interscope artists Interscope Established itself as a Majorplayer in the 90's but they were not of the old traditional NYC Music Power base. So Yes Deathrow as aLabel Was Indie it Moved its Distribution through Priority after Interscope Created a Sub label now Known as Aftermath for Dre. Now Badboy was established and Backed By Clive Davis and his Arista label a Oldschool Player in the Industry he has been pimpin artists since the 60's and was part of NYC dynasty of Music execs. Kats do not grasp that for years there was a silent type understanding in the entertainment industry that all the main Movie/Film Powerbase would be on the west centered in LA/Hollywoodbut the primary News Radio/Television and record Label Powerbase would reside in the east Centered in NYC and it remained that way till Interscope established itself as a Major industry power and shook ? up. I could keep going on and break it down to further levels but I swear you Kats need to get your Industry History knowledge up before getting into this conversation with me...

Shout out to Uptown, Hrap and other Old reasonheads as we have already chopped this one in past incarnations of the reason...
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Deathrow was independantly owned they had distribution through interscope who at the time when they 1st hooked up was a small non major label/distributer trying to establish itself in LA. Between the distribution of Deathrow and artists Like Pac, NIN and No Doubt who were actually Interscope artists Interscope Established itself as a Majorplayer in the 90's but they were not of the old traditional NYC Music Power base. So Yes Deathrow as aLabel Was Indie it Moved its Distribution through Priority after Interscope Created a Sub label now Known as Aftermath for Dre. Now Badboy was established and Backed By Clive Davis and his Arista label a Oldschool Player in the Industry he has been pimpin artists since the 60's and was part of NYC dynasty of Music execs. Kats do not grasp that for years there was a silent type understanding in the entertainment industry that all the main Movie/Film Powerbase would be on the west centered in LA/Hollywoodbut the primary News Radio/Television and record Label Powerbase would reside in the east Centered in NYC and it remained that way till Interscope established itself as a Major industry power and shook ? up. I could keep going on and break it down to further levels but I swear you Kats need to get your Industry History knowledge up before getting into this conversation with me...

Shout out to Uptown, Hrap and other Old reasonheads as we have already chopped this one in past incarnations of the reason...

Good Post, Damn the ? is more to it then what people think.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Alright, fair enough. Great drop by the way.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rip pac....................
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ice Cube disses the EastCoast long before 2Pac did.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Mama told me not to stop until I bust a nut"
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Considering how a large amount of Ice Cube's DNA was in Pac's music he took an L tryna come at him sideways
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ Tim Dog being mentioned..
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, I thought this thread was about the Makaveli line, "Plus momma told me never stop until I bust a nut." I never understood why he said that.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was 11 when this came out,
    and even though Eazy E was my favorite rapper back then,
    I thought this song was hilarious..
    1st time in my life I ever witnessed,
    some one spew so much unnecessary hate..
  • KingJamal
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

I was 11 when this came out,
    and even though Eazy E was my favorite rapper back then,
    I thought this song was hilarious..
    1st time in my life I ever witnessed,
    some one spew so much unnecessary hate..
    Yo u don't want me to get my boy @BlackAX410 in here lol

Whenever Tim Dog is mentioned we gotta talk ? about him. His whole debut album is hilarious
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He was right though, cube wasn't doing that ? before Pac declared all out war on them east coast ? .
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ dat intro so much bitterness nd hate Tim Dog da king of lauces in dis hip-hop ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yea to answer da thread wasnt Cube gettin at Masta Ace alongside of common in westside slaughterhouse? ? was prolly tired of da East Coast always throwin shade
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too short and e 40 had a baby called snoop dog

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 Bilfiger rants
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Cube stole the "W" from Kam and Watts. I'm sure Cube wanted to sell records, but I still don't think he was copying Pac's formula to diss and get paid from it.

Cube and many on the west had words for the east
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Ice Cube disses the EastCoast long before 2Pac did.
    When was this?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i liked the music Cube made then, but he did kind of jump on pac's style and movement

The only thing is w/out Cube may not be a Pac and any west coast dude is highly influenced by NWA and Cube

I see what Pac was saying though
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube hopped on the band wagon
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering 2pac dissing NY was just a gimmick in itself (considering Method Man was on AEOM) he had no right to monopolize a beef between coasts.

NY ? were notorious for throwing jabs in magazines, critics (the people who wrote in these magazines) are also known for chucking shade out West during their run (Rolling Stone magazine, Nelson George even The ? New York Times). Some of the instances have already been mentioned (E-40, Tim Dog etc) so this ? was bound to boil over.

The West was selling records, Ice Cube included so what would be the point of stealing 2pac's gimmick? Cube was already successful, 2pac had 2 successful albums B. Cube had at least 3 so what the ? is the point of saying "cube was biting"?

Pac, as usual, was outta pocket. ? was riding for the West when that ? was in Baltimore. Cats like DJ Quik, Spice 1, E-40, Too Short etc were doing their thing long before Pac came along. It wasn't about "throwing up W's" because they didn't need to. The first song the ? Cube was heard on was "Straight Outta Compton"...surely ? don't think Compton, NY.

Cats been reppin' and been catchin' hell from NY long before Pac signed to Death Row.
  • KingJamal
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Considering 2pac dissing NY was just a gimmick in itself (considering Method Man was on AEOM) he had no right to monopolize a beef between coasts.

NY ? were notorious for throwing jabs in magazines, critics (the people who wrote in these magazines) are also known for chucking shade out West during their run (Rolling Stone magazine, Nelson George even The ? New York Times). Some of the instances have already been mentioned (E-40, Tim Dog etc) so this ? was bound to boil over.

The West was selling records, Ice Cube included so what would be the point of stealing 2pac's gimmick? Cube was already successful, 2pac had 2 successful albums B. Cube had at least 3 so what the ? is the point of saying "cube was biting"?

Pac, as usual, was outta pocket. ? was riding for the West when that ? was in Baltimore. Cats like DJ Quik, Spice 1, E-40, Too Short etc were doing their thing long before Pac came along. It wasn't about "throwing up W's" because they didn't need to. The first song the ? Cube was heard on was "Straight Outta Compton"...surely ? don't think Compton, NY.

Cats been reppin' and been catchin' hell from NY long before Pac signed to Death Row.

great post
  • malik08
    malik08 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    What's the story on pac saving timdog?