Tupac Shakur – Still Overrated...

Options
124»

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man dont listen to mvp,when i first signed up here he use to say pac was his favorite rapper and make threads about him everyday.....i think he let the ic change his opinion
    ? ? , opinions change. And the 2PAC is the consensus GOAT on the IC, so how would it change my opinion?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man u sound crazy......top 10-15....Tupac....if Pac not 1 or 2 ya list is dead.......only ? that might get a nod over Pac is Nas.....
    other than that.......nobody cant reign over Pac

Nas
    Jay
    Big
    Common
    Rakim
    Ghostface
    Mos

For starters are all better, especially lyrically
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I just wanna weigh in on this real quick. I think the IC is in dier need of some kind of intervention or something. What I've noticed over the last few months on here and in what seems to be " let's hate Tupac and smear his musical memory" week (on minute he kicking it wit too many white people at school, the next ? actin like a man was suckin him off and ? turned a man arm on his shoulders into some he ? ? .) There seems to be allota rappers from the 90' s getting treated like ? around here. Just blasphemous ? too. I personally feel Pac wasn't overated, Jay z was but Jay even gettin shat on unwarranted around here. Souja boy will never in his life be better than Jay .....I don't understand what's wrong wit you hating ass ? but its getting annoying. ? talkin bout ? is Overated, I've seen Dr. Dre, Outkast, Nas,Canibus, Camron,Faboulous, Joe Budden Black Thought, Talib Kweli, Royce the 5"9, Lil Kim, even Lareen hill and the score album ALL GETTING SHAT ON here at the IC like its nothing. So I guess Pac ain't the only one and I understand ? got a right to they opinions but it feels like something bigger is goin on here. It feels like everything that was hitting in the 90s had became wack to people over the computer(I say computer because I never hear this kinda nonsense offline from nobody). All I'm saying is whether you are a fan of the people or not, these rappers open the doors up for the damn fuckery that you guys like today. Everybody always talking about who should be the Goat of this rap ? ...how about ain't no real true goat? Different mcees are good at different things so show me an mcees that's better than everybody else at Club songs,freestyling,live performances, gets street respect, underground loves them, got good punchlines and metaphors, can tell a good story, and touch on social issues and educate. Even the great mcees that can do 3 or 4 of those can't be top in all those catagories so the only thing overated about Pac, Nas, Jay Z, Big, Eminiem or any top fiver is the fact that there has to be Goat list in the first place. And can we please stop infacizing things that have nothing to do with beats and rhymes? Even if you don't feel they music if they made Atleast one classic then they have contributed to hip hop in a positive way and deserve respect regardless of how wack another album by them may have been.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pac was good, but he aint doper than common, snake-z, or 3000. lets not even start with nas. they all still dope though
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol jay stans got new life on the ic
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I realize people are entitled to they opinions but you hypocrites are the same bias cats that act like rappers in your region of the country haven't put out duds. My point is just enjoy what you enjoy, dislike whatever you dislike without sounding like a hater. Some of this ? yall be on don't be having nothing to do with the music.
  • HailBlackMary
    HailBlackMary Members Posts: 93
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *shrug* that is why I don't bother reading music mags/reviews or movie reviews, they are just somebody opinion and their opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. Tupac overrated? Probably but s, o is Eminem, Jay Z and Lil Wayne etc. Some people call Tupac the GOAT, so what I've seen many people say the same about Lil Wayne and Jay and Big-subjective all day long. Elvis whose only contribution was remaking huge hits previous done by Black artists and doing a bad Jackie Wilson dance impersonation onstage was crowned the King of Rock n Roll, yet I've yet to see an article calling him overrated. What I wonder is would this guy ever write this article about Eminem? He seems to think he is being brave to say this about a dead man, 15 years later --why not have real ? and say the same thing about a very popular rapper that is actually alive. Fact is Pac is known world wide and 15 years after his death people still listen to him. Fact is 15 minutes after Byron's death no one will care what he had to say.
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I never understood why people cant accept everybody dont see things the same way

If people think pac was overrated they entitled to that

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Whoever this dude is is a ? .MAKAVELI THE DON

New Loch LiL Wayne and Drake She Will freestyle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvjwtcT4RHk