• bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The correct order honestly there are three number ones in the star wars universe with a lightsaber(including expanded universe): Yoda, Sidious, and Windu.

It was a well known FACT(read the books) that Yoda and Dooku could out duel Windu, so Windu created Vaapad a specialized fighting style that utilized the darker side of Windu's psyche which enabled him to fight equally with those two(Windu get's props because he is the only Jedi to ever master this technique the other two that tried went insane). Until Windu created Vaapad the order for lightsaber fighters was definitively Yoda>Dooku>Windu.

Yoda hands down only had one true equal with a lightsaber which proved to be Sidious and even in the fight in the Senate Sidious reverted back to a force battle when he realized he could not beat Yoda.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Nah, he didnt tie Dooku. Dooku was losing and pulled a T-Mac. (quick exit).
    Against Sidious tho, he gave up. smh.

Nah, nah my ? , Yoda ? tied wit ? . If Yoda could've beat him he would've. ? ? had ? to do, so he dipped. Plus ? wuz tired. U could see him breathing hard after he ? BODIED both Anakin & Obie Wan (he put Anakin's bodybag in a bodybag!! Lol!). How could'nt Yoda beat him when he was tired?? And yet Anakin beats him in the next film.
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ...MVP... wrote: »
    Nah, nah my ? , Yoda ? tied wit ? . If Yoda could've beat him he would've. ? ? had ? to do, so he dipped. Plus ? wuz tired. U could see him breathing hard after he ? BODIED both Anakin & Obie Wan (he put Anakin's bodybag in a bodybag!! Lol!). How could'nt Yoda beat him when he was tired?? And yet Anakin beats him in the next film.

Which tells you that Dooku ran away. SMH lol at he had ? to do. lmao. never heard that one before.
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The correct order honestly there are three number ones in the star wars universe with a lightsaber(including expanded universe): Yoda, Sidious, and Windu.

It was a well known FACT(read the books) that Yoda and Dooku could out duel Windu, so Windu created Vaapad a specialized fighting style that utilized the darker side of Windu's psyche which enabled him to fight equally with those two(Windu get's props because he is the only Jedi to ever master this technique the other two that tried went insane). Until Windu created Vaapad the order for lightsaber fighters was definitively Yoda>Dooku>Windu.

Yoda hands down only had one true equal with a lightsaber which proved to be Sidious and even in the fight in the Senate Sidious reverted back to a force battle when he realized he could not beat Yoda.

After Windu created Vaapad, he was equal or greater to Yoda and >>>>>>>>>>>> Dooku.
    He lost to Dooku in a sparring match before Vaapad, when Dooku was grown, and Mace was the youngest
    jedi ever. He imrpoved alot. Remember, at the battle of Geonosis, he put the blade to Dooku's neck and Dooku
    aint even know that ? was there.
    If you think about it, Anakin shoulda been Windu's padawan. Anakin with Vaapad>>>>>>>>> EVERYONE.
    Windu was the only one who could use it correctly. After Deepa Billaba went nuts, he stopped teaching it.
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Idoitforhiphop
    Idoitforhiphop Members Posts: 36
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Obi-Wan should be No. 1.

Outside of his own accomplishments:

1. He trained Anakin Skywalker.
    2. Anakin pwned Dooku

And of his own accomplishments, I hope you're not just throwing out the whole he beat Grievous thing. Grievous...trained in all the forms...and trained by Count Dooku? And if you read the actual RotS book, Grievous was hitting Obi-wan, what over 60 times a second and Obi-Wan's Soresu blocked every one?

Was not Mace Windu the one who said this: "That is so like you, Master Kenobi. I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?"
    ―Mace Windu to Obi-Wan Kenobi[src]
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Obi-Wan should be No. 1.

Outside of his own accomplishments:

1. He trained Anakin Skywalker.
    2. Anakin pwned Dooku

And of his own accomplishments, I hope you're not just throwing out the whole he beat Grievous thing. Grievous...trained in all the forms...and trained by Count Dooku? And if you read the actual RotS book, Grievous was hitting Obi-wan, what over 60 times a second and Obi-Wan's Soresu blocked every one?

Was not Mace Windu the one who said this: "That is so like you, Master Kenobi. I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form—or the master of the classic form?"
    ―Mace Windu to Obi-Wan Kenobi[src]

Creator>Mastor

Mike Vick can ? ? with his arm and his legs... that is more deadlier than a pocket passer
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In NONE of the books does it ever even approach saying Obi could ? with Mace.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Have to go with Mace as number one. just because in one of the NJO(i think) books, one of the ? -modded Solo kids & kattarn said he was the ? . plus, i just don't see him losing with vaapad & shatterpoint. Then Sidious, Yoda, Asajj Ventress & Obi-Wan.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    In NONE of the books does it ever even approach saying Obi could ? with Mace.

This. Mace Windu would ? Obi Wan up without an effort honestly.

@your prior post - Vaapad is basically an unstoppable form, problem is you can fight it to an infinite draw as well if you are skilled enough(ie. people like Sidious and Yoda probably were capable of). I'm not going to argue whether Sidious threw his fight with Mace on purpose either(it would make sense because Sidious did have great powers of forsight and did known Anakin would be coming), but the main argument is once Sidious saw Windu using Vaapad he just fought him to a stalemate.

Honestly the only thing that kept Windu from being the most powerful Jedi(not counting Anakin or Luke who are big ? cheaters lol) ever is the fact that he was a Jedi, if Windu was a Sith he would not have held himself back and would have ? , pillaged, and destroyed all in his path; ESPECIALLY knowing and having mastered Vaapad.
  • bignorm73
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Have to go with Mace as number one. just because in one of the NJO(i think) books, one of the ? -modded Solo kids & kattarn said he was the ? . plus, i just don't see him losing with vaapad & shatterpoint. Then Sidious, Yoda, Asajj Ventress & Obi-Wan.

Deepa Billaba >>> Asajj Ventress
  • thomblrr
    thomblrr Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Obi wan and mace are tied because mace beat sidious and obi beat darth vader who beat sidious. Yoda never won any fights, although as people have said we never saw him in his prime. Vader did beat windu but he was tricked. For on screen skill obi and mace look the best.
    1-2) windu/obi wan
    3) anakin
    4-5) dooku/sidious
    6) maul
    7) yoda
    8) qui gon
    9) grevious
    10) kit fisto

Using just who they beat doesn't work because some people who are pretty beast (eg windu or grevious, who has beaten at least 4 unknown Jedi) only fought once when they died. People who are saying the prequels are ? , they are, in many respects, better than the originals. Yes they got a few thing wrong (I disagree that the force is just meant to be wisdom because yoda moved the x wing out of the swamp; if you can lift things you can throw them. But the fights are actually very boring in the originals and are truly epic in the prequels. And whatever you think about the prequels, you are going to love them when you see the sequels brought to you by the lovely Disney.
    Also I have ignored everything to do with the clone wars because it is just a ? spin off that happened to do well and now people are taking it seriously. They are making excuses to bring back characters from the dead, which is stupid. Clone wars isn't Star Wars and any real Star Wars fan over the age of seven feels the same way
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall gota be fuckn killing me with that list especially #1
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    thomblrr wrote: »
    Obi wan and mace are tied because mace beat sidious and obi beat darth vader who beat sidious. Yoda never won any fights, although as people have said we never saw him in his prime. Vader did beat windu but he was tricked. For on screen skill obi and mace look the best.
    1-2) windu/obi wan
    3) anakin
    4-5) dooku/sidious
    6) maul
    7) yoda
    8) qui gon
    9) grevious
    10) kit fisto

Using just who they beat doesn't work because some people who are pretty beast (eg windu or grevious, who has beaten at least 4 unknown Jedi) only fought once when they died. People who are saying the prequels are ? , they are, in many respects, better than the originals. Yes they got a few thing wrong (I disagree that the force is just meant to be wisdom because yoda moved the x wing out of the swamp; if you can lift things you can throw them. But the fights are actually very boring in the originals and are truly epic in the prequels. And whatever you think about the prequels, you are going to love them when you see the sequels brought to you by the lovely Disney.
    Also I have ignored everything to do with the clone wars because it is just a ? spin off that happened to do well and now people are taking it seriously. They are making excuses to bring back characters from the dead, which is stupid. Clone wars isn't Star Wars and any real Star Wars fan over the age of seven feels the same way

You can't deny the clone wars has some nice duels though. Granted I was mad when they brought Maul back that whole arc with him and Savage was the best. But ? a black vibroblade. I just can't wait to see Anakins padawan get slaughtered.

Anyways
    1. Windu/ Obi wan
    2. Sidious/ Anakin (if he didn't get chopped up)
    3. Luke
    4. Yoda
    5. Darth Maul

Those are just the ones I liked seeing fight. Top ten in terms of power well that would take longer because I am too heavy in the expanded universe and I can't remember all the names right now.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Wow at the bump...lol
  • thomblrr
    Options
    Some of the fights are good I admit, but what they've done with lightsabers, like a double curved blade and two doubles? Dooks and maul are beast, so they deserve unique sabers, but asaj ventress is just ?
  • thomblrr
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Yall gota be fuckn killing me with that list especially #1
    me?

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched episodes 4-6 a couple weeks ago. The lightsaber fights seem tame as ? , I hope 7-9 and the spinoffs and ? have some dope fights.

and I'd say Obi Wan is better than Anakin. Obi Wan beat him when they were both at their prime, Vader beat Obi Wan when he was an old man.
  • ocelot
    Options
    I watched episodes 4-6 a couple weeks ago. The lightsaber fights seem tame as ? , I hope 7-9 and the spinoffs and ? have some dope fights.

and I'd say Obi Wan is better than Anakin. Obi Wan beat him when they were both at their prime, Vader beat Obi Wan when he was an old man.

Anakin wasn't in his prime yet... Anakin and Obi Wan was Cavs vs Spurs Finals 07... You see they didn't make him a Jedi Master.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Anakin wasn't in his prime yet... Anakin and Obi Wan was Cavs vs Spurs Finals 07... You see they didn't make him a Jedi Master.

If Anakin at the end of Episode 3 wasn't his prime then I don't see how Vader in episode 4 or beyond would be his prime. There was a good 20 years or so between him fighting Obi Wan as Anakin and then the next time they fought. Since there was no other jedis besides Obi Wan and Yoda in that time, there was no one to challenge Vader, so I'm sure is lightsaber skills got a bit rusty.

But, what I will say is that his force powers are probably in their prime when he's Vader. He was able to fully immerse himself into the dark side, and had a master who basically had no limits as to "oh you can't learn that or do that it's bad" because he was a sith.
  • ocelot
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

If Anakin at the end of Episode 3 wasn't his prime then I don't see how Vader in episode 4 or beyond would be his prime. There was a good 20 years or so between him fighting Obi Wan as Anakin and then the next time they fought. Since there was no other jedis besides Obi Wan and Yoda in that time, there was no one to challenge Vader, so I'm sure is lightsaber skills got a bit rusty.

But, what I will say is that his force powers are probably in their prime when he's Vader. He was able to fullb_y immerse himself into the dark side, and had a master who basically had no limits as to "oh you can't learn that or do that it's bad" because he was a sith.
    Vader is a shell of Anakins potential... He's 50% weaker than what he was before the flames got to him. Return of the Jedi Luke is what Anakin was suppose to be. Luke was one with the force and his lightsaber skills wasn't to bad it I have to say so myself.

• ocelot
    Options
    Anakin (before Vader) had the potential to be stronger than Sidious and Yoda... But dude could never commit to the light and by the time he was fully dark he was Vader. Dude was Darth Plegueis creation... Anakin is(was) the force.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't Obi-Wan's style basically to survive in the fight until the opponent does something stupid?

Not hating on it, just asking. Anakin merked Dooku with a quickness once he got serious, the same Dooku who dealt with Obi quickly. But he did use the force for that, if i'm remembering right.

Obi-Wan is like the Floyd Mayweather of lightsaber fighting, just in terms of being all about defense. Anakin was the Pacquaio, overwhelming speed and power but not as good technique.

Windu was like the prime Tyson. All of the above plus a little crazy.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Isn't Obi-Wan's style basically to survive in the fight until the opponent does something stupid?

Not hating on it, just asking. Anakin merked Dooku with a quickness once he got serious, the same Dooku who dealt with Obi quickly. But he did use the force for that, if i'm remembering right.

Obi-Wan is like the Floyd Mayweather of lightsaber fighting, just in terms of being all about defense. Anakin was the Pacquaio, overwhelming speed and power but not as good technique.

Windu was like the prime Tyson. All of the above plus a little crazy.

That's an accurate description.

Yoda was Ali

Sidious was Suger Ray