John Carpenter's "THEY LIVE"

Options
ThaRealFrankWhite
ThaRealFrankWhite Members Posts: 5
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Watched this last night.
Its a very dope movie.
It's funny watching the beginning of the movie because it reminds me so much of whats happening now in the US. People in 'tent-cities', the rich being rich, everyone else being miserable.

Plus, all those annoying hats and t-? w the word "OBEY" on them now came from this movie.

Anybody else seen it?

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Great movie. Exposing mass mind control. Lol @ the fight scene between Piper and Kieth David.
  • ThaRealFrankWhite
    ThaRealFrankWhite Members Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Lol @ the fight scene between Piper and Kieth David.

longest fight scene ever. they had like a 15 minute fistfight.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    all time classic film. Piper and David had one of the goat fight scenes in movies
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Great movie. Exposing mass mind control. Lol @ the fight scene between Piper and Kieth David.

Classic movie....dude was being stubborn he wouldnt just put on the dam sunglasses. Keith was also in carpenters thing and does voiceovers. When that chick hit piper over the head and he fell out that window was priceless.
  • stoneface
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Classic movie....dude was being stubborn he wouldnt just put on the dam sunglasses. Keith was also in carpenters thing and does voiceovers. When that chick hit piper over the head and he fell out that window was priceless.

lmao, that was some funny ? !
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Seen that ? a lont time ago and that fight scene. smh lol why dude ain't just put the glasses on
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya'll got it twisted: the film isn't just a brilliant metaphor.....ITS 100% ACCURATE, ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE REALLY DO SECRETLY CONTROL US, REAL TALK B
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    All i remember about the movie was Piper was in it and they were wearing these sun glasses
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This movie is slept on like a muthafucka......this ? is a classic!

formaldehyde face!
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    South Park parody

Good ass movie at that. Read someplace THEY were going to ruin it by doing a remake.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL i remember watching this movie as kid,if that ? came out today them Illuminati theorist would have a field day.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man...I haven't seen this movie in over 10 years..makes me wanna find it on the internet and download.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Was always a favorite when I was a kid..
  • stoneface
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL i remember watching this movie as kid,if that ? came out today them Illuminati theorist would have a field day.

lol, Illuminati's existed for 1000s of years and are still around , man.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    excellent movie...

yea everybody knows about that fight scene...? is a classic

what's crazy is the metaphor in the movie...interesting to discuss

what's even more ? up is that some say this movie was telling the truth.

Some say "They Live" and "V" are both spreading the same message...

Who knows...
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    classic movie i wonder if netflix is streaming it...
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    THEY LIVE

A Counter Racist Movie Review
    by Josh Wickett

"You're crazy"..."I don't wanna hear that Black ? "..."stop playing the race card!"...

We've all heard it before, people both White and non white who are unable or unwilling to acknowledge the existence of a supreme worldwide system of mistreatment based on color---White Supremacy.What accounts for this phenomenon and how can it be countered?
    Racist Man and Racist Woman have two main tools, deception and direct violence. Deception is the one they use most, its only when they can no longer fool you that they will come at you with direct violence; shoot you, bomb you, gas you...? YOU! They have proven smart enough and powerful enough to do this.

How to counter deception?

Through the revelation of truth. that's really the only tool you have; The problem is that in a world dominated by lies and falsehood, most people are allergic to it, they just aren't used to it, not to mention the great fear non white people have of the White Supremacists. Therefore, counter racist scientist sometimes hafta be creative in how they reveal truth to VORs.

THEY LIVE is a movie that serves as a pretty good model for how the system of White Supremacy works. At the beginning of the movie "aliens" have taken over the entire planet by disguising themselves as humans and training the humans to be ? ...training the humans to practice limited thinking, stingy thinking, thinking in a box...niggardly thinking. They do this in the movie through the use of an electronic signals and subliminal messages on everything you see. These messages say things like: do not think... consume...obey...reproduce... The only people aware of the aliens are a small group of scientist who occasionally hack into the signal and try to warn people; they have also produced "sunglasses" that allow a user to actually see the aliens, sorta like x-ray vision.

The main character is a White man "Buck" who is down and out looking for work, he meets a Black male "Frank" on a construction site and they kinda become buddies. As usual under White Supremacy, they make Frank the "classic ? " he complains about how bad things are but doesn't wanna do anything about it. He has absolutely no curiosity about anything. Meanwhile the White male "Buck" is watching everything and saying very little. Buck finds a pair of the sunglasses in a little church and and becomes aware of the presence of these aliens and their system of niggerization.

The glasses allow him to see not only the "big brother" messages plastered all over town but the aliens themselves. Without the glasses the aliens appear to be normal White people but with the glasses on everything appears black and white and the aliens have these acid burned skull faces.

I found out about this movie from a racist movie review that said the aliens represented "Jews" this may or may not be a valid point but since as ? charged in Mien Kampf that Jews are impersonating White people, we don't even hafta go there; whatever Jews are doing to White people, they ain't doin it as ? ! A racist suspect is a racist suspect, don't be fooled by a yarmulke, ? sex, or breast implants. Any White person who knows they are White in a system of White Supremacy is a RACIST SUSPECT. (please pardon my digression).

Anyway Buck, now fully aware of the alien stranglehold on the planet, is face with the same dilemma the counter racist scientist is faced with; whatcha gonna do? People are being mistreated and not only are they unaware of it, they don't know who's doing it. Buck kills a few aliens and is now on the run, he contacts the Black male "Frank" and tries to show him the system the aliens have set up.

Once again you are seeing how a White person and a Black person can watch the same movie at the same time and each be taught different behavior. Throughout this movie the Blk male is in "head scratchin mode" not only is he portrayed as constantly confused, but when given the opportunity to learn something he refuses cause "I don't want no trouble".meanwhile the White man is constantly curious and observant. See what I mean? Blk people are taught how to be ? by watching the characters white people create.

What follows is a very long ridiculous fight scene between Buck and Frank culminating in the Black male finally putting on the glasses and seeing the aliens and their system, now they are "buddies", the fight scene is real cheap, fast forward if you can. Buck and Frank meet up with one of the members of the "resistance", who invites them to a "counter alien" meeting where strategy is being plotted. But the meeting has been infiltrated and the cops raid it and ? a lot of the members. This is a great scene because it demonstrates the utility of the independent part of the United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept. There is no secret safe place where victims of racism can sit down and plot the destruction of White Supremacy, there no such thing as a "Black secret", if 2 ? know something...it ain't a secret anymore.

Buck and Frank survive the raid by escaping underground into the "alien pentagon", a self contained city where the aliens plot strategy and produce their mind controlling propaganda. They bump into an "uncle tom human" at a ? sellout awards ceremony for humans. Its a very interesting scene because the Uncle tom human just assumes that Frank and Buck are there to join the system; I suspect much the same way White people assume other White people they meet are in agreement with the practice of racism. Frank and Buck proceed to destroy this place which results in the thought control radio beam shutting down. When this happens, all the humans can see the aliens for the first time and their propaganda.

That's basically it. THEY LIVE is a low budget movie but it has a good plot. White Supremacists are a small group of people who control their victims thinking through words and images and like the aliens, they are "hiding in plain sight". Words produce thoughts and thoughts produce actions. If you control words you can control what people do. I have included an example of how White Supremacists use words to create perceptions click on the link---White noise

Most non white people serve White Supremacy because they lack a the word/concept to describe a better system; but I have one...Justice
    The current system of mistreatment based on color [racism] should be replaced with a better system. It should be replace with a system of Justice; a system in which no person is mistreated and the person who needs the most help gets the most help. Many White people have problems with this definition of Justice, using Darwinian logic they claim that smart people are justified in mistreating not so smart people (? ) because they are smarter. They claim its just an "unfortunate" situation. Yeah its unfortunate when a ? deceives your 5 year old daughter by CONvincing her to help him find his "puppy"...? and strangled...yeah, she should have been smarter right? Its just "unfortunate" right?

No person should be mistreated for any reason including children and ? like myself who aren't very smart. When Justice is produce there will be peace and when there is peace you won't be reading stuff like this and I won't be writing it.

We will all finally be able to do what we wanna do and not what we hafta do.

I'll be growing cucumbers, what will you be doing?

Josh Wickett
    RWSWJ

http://www.thecode.net/features/movies/theylive.htm
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Classic movie, Carpenter touched on a lot of subjects, Roddy Piper was perfect for this role. I think a re-make of this in kind of a Rise of the planet of the Apes style would be dope right now.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im here to chew bubblegum and kickass....and I'm all out of bubblegum
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't give a damn who you are...you ain't fightin non stop like that.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yea saw that movie last week
    kinda b-movie type
    but still a nice idea, entertaining and lmao they fight 20 minutes bcos dude doesnt wanna wear the glasses and then they go to the hospital together all fucced up