Nas - Untitled Appreciation

Options
sdotdub
sdotdub Members Posts: 368
edited November 2011 in The Reason
When this CD first came out I didn't give it much of a chance and kind of thought it was wack but I revisited it recently and I gotta say Nas really has grown as an artist and takes risks and this ? is dope as hell. I really just wanted to hear illmatic/it was written Nas when I first heard this album. People can criticize him all they want but at the end of the day he doesn't need the beats to carry him at all, he is a BEAST.

Comments

• ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im a nas stan and its his worst album imo..
  • sdotdub
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd say his worst is Hip Hop is Dead.
  • tommy_jules
    tommy_jules Members Posts: 138
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    im a nas stan and its his worst album imo..

I liked it, there were a few blunders no doubt, what was the next worst after that in your opinion, SD?
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I liked it, there were a few blunders no doubt, what was the next worst after that in your opinion, SD?

queens get the money has been my fav hip-hop song since it came out... GOAT nas intro... that alone puts it ahead of nastradamus so its my 2nd least favorite nas album..

untitled seems like a bipolar album tho.. you got the real songgs on there that goes with the concept of the album then you got th weak mainstream aimed type of records

nas rapped his ass off on that disc.. not denying his abilities i just couldnt get into alot of the songs..

SD is underrated as ?
  • sdotdub
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SD is underrated as ? [/QUOTE]

If SD was a single disc it would be a classic.

The past month or so I have been listening to non-stop Nas, been through almost every album and in my opinion Nas has the best catalog ever, by far.
  • sdotdub
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Besides Queens get the money that album was garbage as ?

All that controversy nas created still aint help him sell

Terminate on Sight>>>>>Untitled

Thats a stretch.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Many people were upset with Nas because he was spitting about culture specific topics and indicting white America and white racism.

The rumor within HipHop circles was that "Queens get the Money" hurt 50-Cents feelings so badly that he lost his will to make good music. By calling 50-cent a "Porch Munkee" he articulated on record what most Black folks have been feeling for years.

Nassir is courageous for making a mainstream album that tackled issues that are important to members of our community and his lyrics and concepts were refreashing and inspirational.

"Queens get the money" marked the 2nd time that Nas channeled Rakims energy to disrespect another rapper and he executed it to perfection.
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Liked what he tried to do with it..
    and i really liked this song from it.
  • sdotdub
    edited November 2011
    Options
    After the untitled album dropped

FIF dropped return of the body snatchers mixtape,Forever King mixtape,war angel mixtape and the low key hood classic Bsid

Which is all quality music and definitely better than untitled and debunks your erroneous agenda

LMAO! That sounded like ? to me too, I don't think anything another rapper says is gonna effect 50 like that. Sounded good though.
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sdotdub wrote: »
    SD is underrated as ?

The past month or so I have been listening to non-stop Nas, been through almost every album and in my opinion Nas has the best catalog ever, by far.[/QUOTE]

cs, nas catalogue is AMAZING

ive been doin the same as you past month ive listened to all nas albums hes so far ahead of the competion its scary.. its crazy how consistent his rappin has stayed over the last 17yrs..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    really good album by nas, i think it did a good job breaking down the history of various subjects like race, religion and politics as it involves african americans.

queens get the money was a classic, yall my ? , n.i.g.g.e.r, sly fox, fried chicken etc were dope concept records.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Many people were upset with Nas because he was spitting about culture specific topics and indicting white America and white racism.

The rumor within HipHop circles was that "Queens get the Money" hurt 50-Cents feelings so badly that he lost his will to make good music. By calling 50-cent a "Porch Munkee" he articulated on record what most Black folks have been feeling for years.

Nassir is courageous for making a mainstream album that tackled issues that are important to members of our community and his lyrics and concepts were refreashing and inspirational.

"Queens get the money" marked the 2nd time that Nas channeled Rakims energy to disrespect another rapper and he executed it to perfection.

Peace fam! I stil remember yo "Untitled" thread in 07. It wuz CLASSIC.
  • sdotdub
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »

The past month or so I have been listening to non-stop Nas, been through almost every album and in my opinion Nas has the best catalog ever, by far.

cs, nas catalogue is AMAZING

ive been doin the same as you past month ive listened to all nas albums hes so far ahead of the competion its scary.. its crazy how consistent his rappin has stayed over the last 17yrs..[/QUOTE]

When you really break it down and look at this dudes catalog, he ? on other rappers. Who even comes close to matching him? Jay? I love Jay but no. Who else? Pac? Pac is one of my all time favorites but he was no Nas.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he was tryin to get a grammy with that album makin it all mysterious but then it came out and had that wack hero and world go round songs. only ? on that cd that has lasted for me is the songs testify and fried chicken the rest are throwaway and thats really bad for a nas album
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? with 3 tracks off this album never heard anyone outside the IC or NYC say it wasn't garbage.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    After the untitled album dropped

FIF dropped return of the body snatchers mixtape,Forever King mixtape,war angel mixtape and the low key hood classic Bsid

Which is all quality music and definitely better than untitled and debunks your erroneous agenda

I never heard of those mixtapes and most people didnt either.

Nas has an album about to drop on Def-Jam and 50-cent is on Twitter whining about Interscope ? on him.

50-Cent is a house-? who was so ashamed about his House-? antics that he went on a save Afrika gimmick.

Mumo X wrote: »
    Peace fam! I stil remember yo "Untitled" thread in 07. It wuz CLASSIC.

Thanx Fam'.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? was dope, it still gets play from me
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Again False

Those mixtapes have over 250,000 downloads on datpiff.com

I remember when 50 dropped forever king it had 20,000 downloads within 15 minutes of it being released on thisis50.com

YOU might not have ever heard those mixtapes but in the real world 600-700K(dat piff &thisis50.com)+ people did

And u can call what 50's doing a gimmick but its more than the ever righteous nas has ever done for africa

Tell nas to step his game up and he can be like 50 and actually do things for his black people

Nas is respected by his peers within the culture...50-Cent is considered a clownish buffoon from everybody to GZA to Nas, to Zro to Jimmy Iovine.

LOLOL yeah 50-Cents Datpiff downloads got more attention than his single "Outlaw" which is why Interscope shelved his album.

Nas can jump on a Common track and get LOVE from the HipHop community while your 50-Cent is mocked and laughed at for his wack songs like "Im on it".

HipHop has purged itself of that House-ni99er.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh ? Timmy got facts.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Great album. "Queens Get The Money", "You Can't Stop Us", "Hero", "America", "N.I.G.G.E.R.", and "Fried Chicken" were all excellent songs IMO.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    album was good

hate "we make the world go round"

i liked that record it gets way too much hates imo.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the album was meh.Quite good far from Nas's best.Bland beats.Best track for is America,breath and Queens get the money
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I love this album. Its So ? Good!!!!!
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bumping for the memory of Jordan Davis.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took me like 7 years to start kinda liking this album. It's ok now I guess.