Why Nas will never be top anything in my book..

Options
jonathan_cephas
jonathan_cephas Members Posts: 29
edited November 2011 in The Reason
The difference between Nas, Snoop Dogg, and Busta Rhymes is they all been in the game for 20 years but Nas cant seem to reinvent himself and stay relevant.

Yes im a fan of lyrics but I feel like u need more than that to be considered one of the greatest.

You telling me Nas been in the game for 20 years and dont have a team of his own? He should be a boss by now. This ? still shoppin for labels and lettin labels tell him what can be his album title and what should be his single. He a vet and going thru the same thing Lupe going thru with his record company execs.. Smh

If Rick Ross can come in with all his rapping flaws, past correctional officer job and all, and still build a team "TWICE" (yeah Triple C's flopped but that aint stop him) and be on top of the rap industry neck and neck with Young Money then Nas lost.

If a ? rapper name Gucci Mane can take the streets by storm, bring up a protege name Wacka Flocka thats even more ? , ? the music industry, doing 20 shows a month at 30K a show then Nas lost.

If Snoop can be on TV and use his name and celebrity to stay relevant while Busta Rhymes is still to this day getting crazy features and staying relevant and Nas been in the game just as long as them then Nas lost.

The point im trying to make is Nas has no charisma and a terrible business mind. By now he should be where Jay-Z is or even better but no, he's just an average rapper that nobody is really checking for but die hard hip hop fans. Smh

Comments

• verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL....What does the business side have to do with making music ? You checking for him you just wrote a essay about the nucca....LOL GTFOH
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The difference between Nas, Snoop Dogg, and Busta Rhymes is they all been in the game for 20 years but Nas cant seem to reinvent himself and stay relevant.

Yes im a fan of lyrics but I feel like u need more than that to be considered one of the greatest.

You telling me Nas been in the game for 20 years and dont have a team of his own? He should be a boss by now. This ? still shoppin for labels and lettin labels tell him what can be his album title and what should be his single. He a vet and going thru the same thing Lupe going thru with his record company execs.. Smh

If Rick Ross can come in with all his rapping flaws, past correctional officer job and all, and still build a team "TWICE" (yeah Triple C's flopped but that aint stop him) and be on top of the rap industry neck and neck with Young Money then Nas lost.

If a ? rapper name Gucci Mane can take the streets by storm, bring up a protege name Wacka Flocka thats even more ? , ? the music industry, doing 20 shows a month at 30K a show then Nas lost.

If Snoop can be on TV and use his name and celebrity to stay relevant while Busta Rhymes is still to this day getting crazy features and staying relevant and Nas been in the game just as long as them then Nas lost.

The point im trying to make is Nas has no charisma and a terrible business mind. By now he should be where Jay-Z is or even better but no, he's just an average rapper that nobody is really checking for but die hard hip hop fans. Smh

Nas dont need to be a huge celebrity to be a great Artist tho.
    Nas will alway be more relevant then J-Electronica, by the way
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nas strikes me as a introvert, he doesn't put himself out there. To me he over achieved commercially if you ask me, dude easilly could of had a career like Common if you ask me. Other than that, don't he own a concert ticket thing so he is obviously getting money on some level, i just don't think record label exec is his strong suit.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nas is dope, he's dropped classic albums, hate it or love it your fav rapper was/is a Nas
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nas did have a team they were called the bravehearts but they SUCKED

Nas is just a rapper wit lyrics he aint smart enough to globalize and expand his brand like Jigga did

My point exactly..
  • FyHunnit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nas did have a team they were called the bravehearts but they SUCKED

Nas is just a rapper wit lyrics he aint built to globalize and expand his brand like Jigga did

Updated one word, but c/s the rest.

Bravehearts was whack.
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    Nas dont need to be a huge celebrity to be a great Artist tho.
    Nas will alway be more relevant then J-Electronica, by the way

Im a fan of Jay Electronica rap skills and delivery but he's just a rapper. Nas should be more than a rapper is my point.
  • just.might.b.ok
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol, everybody knows it was Dame Dash who did the ROC empire, Jigga just ran away with it.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Smh@ puitting that lame ass corn ball snoop and Gnoz in the same sentence
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL....What does the business side have to do with making music ? You checking for him you just wrote a essay about the nucca....LOL GTFOH

Bruh Im not on that internet back and fourth, either agree or disagree. All that extra ? is for the birds.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol, everybody knows it was Dame Dash who did the ROC empire, Jigga just ran away with it.

I would think this talk would of ended with Roc Nations success.
  • verbal juke
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bruh Im not on that internet back and fourth, either agree or disagree. All that extra ? is for the birds.

Well I'm not for that either. If you want someone to agree or disagree, you ask a question. You made a statement that is technically flawed. I asked a question for clarification. I'm not here to go back and forth with you. This site is created for like minded individuals to have an opinion and use words to demonstrate their viewpoint. I dont' understand what was the purpose of the essay, if you didn't want anyone to ask you to expound on your assessment of Nas.
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its basically about Nas legacy. He is setting up to have a wack legacy and the only thing he can do is rap. Like for instance LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world but its hard to convince the world he's the best when he has no rings. Same with Nas, he has no rings.
  • just.might.b.ok
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I would think this talk would of ended with Roc Nations success.

im not sayin Roc Nation isnt a success, im sayin that if there was no ROC before Roc Nation there would be no Ye, so no Blueprint as we know it, also all the other ? , Rocawear, the whine, etc.
    i saw a documentary a few days ago and felt bad for dude, like ? , look at this:
    imagine if the ROC never had split up, probably Jay Elec would be gettin a bit more shine right now, still he might succeed a la J. Cole (hope he does)
  • verbal juke
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its basically about Nas legacy. He is setting up to have a wack legacy and the only thing he can do is rap. Like for instance LeBron James is the best basketball player in the world but its hard to convince the world he's the best when he has no rings. Same with Nas, he has no rings.

Rings in Rap music is not what you do on the business side of things, It's classic albums and the last time I checked he has some...
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

nas just wants 2 rap....? a team its about art......lol, u young ? , lol
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    iphucq wrote: »
    nas just wants 2 rap....? a team its about art......lol, u young ? , lol

And I respect that but leave yo mark on this rap game. He out lived Biggie and got the same amount of classics as Biggie. Smh
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    did rakim have a team of ? ?
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rings in Rap music is not what you do on the business side of things, It's classic albums and the last time I checked he has some...

You know what, that rings analogy was wack ? foreal foreal if rings meant you was the best then Robert Horry is better than Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron ? he got 7. lol
  • FyHunnit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Im a fan of Jay Electronica rap skills and delivery but he's just a rapper. Nas should be more than a rapper is my point.

I agree to an extent, but has he ever wanted to be "more" then a rapper all like that?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol @ this.....he cant be number 1 at anything because he chooses to just make music? lol thats crazy.....where in the hip hop rule book does it state that you have to be an exec, put a gang of rappers on and all this extra ? .......
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    did rakim have a team of ? ?

Nope but he revolutionized rap and brought a whole new style and flow and is credited for that. What changes did Nas bring to the game?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nas is content just making music. as a fan of his i dont care whether he's a ceo etc. he's getting more money than waka and gucci doing shows btw.
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    I agree to an extent, but has he ever wanted to be "more" then a rapper all like that?

Good point!
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nvm what I originally typed here.. read what else you said on here. So I feel yah opinion