Why Nas will never be top anything in my book..

Options

Comments

• jonathan_cephas
    jonathan_cephas Members Posts: 29
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    nas is content just making music. as a fan of his i dont care whether he's a ceo etc. he's getting more money than waka and gucci doing shows btw.

Ha! I doubt it. He's not doing as many shows as them. He may charge a higher ticket and have a more quality show but in this case, Quantity over Quality.
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So why did people like Jigga,Ice Cube,Puff,Em and Dre expand themselves to be versatile to get mad cake but nas is still rappin?

This is who ya'll place your faith?

Nas raps about pharaohs and kings but his ? cant tell u how to get no corporate global dough and be worth 250 mil +

And ya'll buy the ? caught up in the hype,just cuz a ? wear a kufi dont mean that he right

Haaat! I like that..
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You know what, that rings analogy was wack ? foreal foreal if rings meant you was the best then Robert Horry is better than Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron ? he got 7. lol

You were the one who brought up rings. Comparing rings to a classic album is better than equating business ventures with your legacy. Since you brought up sports, Having a Belt like a the champ would be a better comparison.
  • jonathan_cephas
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ you.. just cause Nas isnt as relevant now as he used to be.. He was way bigger than Gucci in the 90s-early 90s and still is bigger than him. You probably just started listening to rap a couple years ago. And he did used to have a team, the business side of things has nothing to do with if your a top rapper.

I've been listenin to rap for years. Im 28 and my first album was Bone E 1999 so I got a couple years of rap experience.
  • verbal juke
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So why did people like Jigga,Ice Cube,Puff,Em and Dre expand themselves to be versatile to get mad cake but nas is still rappin?

Nas raps about pharaohs and kings but his ? cant tell u how to get no corporate global dough and be worth 250 mil +

And ya'll buy the ? caught up in the hype,just cuz a ? wear a kufi dont mean that he right

Jay Z, Cube, Puff or Em never said ? on a record that helped me with my portfolio. LOL... You nuccas are crazy....
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Soooo..... are you saying your smart ass can get global dough and be worth 250 mil +?

This ? typing like getting 250 mil is on the McDonald Menu or some ?
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nope but he revolutionized rap and brought a whole new style and flow and is credited for that. What changes did Nas bring to the game?

illmatic.jpg

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

but if thats what he's content doing why is everybody sweating him about it?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ha! I doubt it. He's not doing as many shows as them. He may charge a higher ticket and have a more quality show but in this case, Quantity over Quality.

i didn't say as much shows but he gets more money than them per show
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    First post is correct, but the stans are also kind of right. Nas doesn't want to grow. And that's fine, that's his choice. Besides, if mo money means mo problems, Nas would just take more losses than he already does if he tried to expand. He already had to beg a judge to reduce his monthly Kelis payments. Why make things worse?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So.......

You like his lyrics/music/songs....................but you don't like him cuz "he not gettin money"??????

How about you just enjoy the music?

guess every rapper has to do more than music....mary j fans dont care if she got multiple ventures outside of music...lol all they care about is the tunes, rock fans as well
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol yeah, ? listeing to Nas, i'd rather listen to 50 cents, he made it cool for fans to look at the numbers and now he cant sell half of whe he used to
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Gaddamn!

Good ol' times before Yeezy turned into a diva. SMH
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Gaddamn!

Good ol' times before Yeezy turned into a diva. SMH

yeah, ? used to be humble
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Nas strikes me as a introvert.

LOL. he must be the quiet ass type
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nas stans got bodied in this piece

In what society is being content acceptable?

So u gonna be the cashier for 20 years instead of tryna become district manager?

? Nas

He aint no influence he just an employee

If you got a college degree, you might as well apply for the honourable post of Accountant General of Shawn Carter Inc.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Snoop and Busta got their own teams?

????

I haven't felt Nas last 2, but I bet he'll still sell more than both of them. Nas isn't Jay. 38 and thinking he in his 20's still
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Who cares if you or that troll/? tommy have Nas in your top whatever? Actual good rappers, even the ones you named, have Nas as either the GOAT or in the top 5.

LOL at you worrying about another mans' money so much you hate him for not getting more.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Maybe because different artists have different definitions of success? Why does Nas have be neck and neck with Young Money or any of the other silly ? you posted? Why can't the ? just stack up with his side business and chill with his family, release music when the ? he wants to. All the ? you stated had nothing to do with music. What ever happened to being a fan of just the music?? These ? swear they're A&Rs now or some ? ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didn't Nas just get sentenced to pay 55K A MONTH for child support? ... I'm sure his money is just fine.

Also, stop forcing your definition of status and success on someone else. I personally would prefer a low-key Nas-like career over these loud dudes like JayZ and Snoop. Who wants to be in the spotlight at all times like that. That ? is wack to me.

Let the dude live his life. You over here comparing one dude to the next, like how come rapper A didn't do what rapper B did? Idk maybe because he's his own person, and his lives his life the way he sees fit.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I dont really care about his success outside of music, but I see what duke is saying. People cant say what Nas doesnt want because they are not Nas. What man doesnt want to get paid accordingly? Anyway, his music is what keeps him low on my list. ? been dropping dud after dud after dud. Like he lost all ability to make enjoyable music.
  • verbal juke
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You completely missed the point doggie

Puff,em,jigga,dre and cube all been in the game for years it made them animals and they are now filthy rich

Puff got bad boy,Jigga got roc nation and is a household name in denmark,ukraine and north korea

Ice cube got cubevision,Dre got aftermath and signed em and caked off that cracka

Only puff,cube and dre been in the game longer than nas yet nas is the idiot who is a local rapper while the rest are multi million dolla bosses

I'm not a rapper so I dont have the outlet like they have

If I was a rapper for 20 years I definitely wouldn't be like nas,Id be like cube and jigga

I'm just comparing him to his peers

If he's content then that says a lot about his character and lack of hustle

I hear what you saying and your point is well taken. Only thing is I could care less about Nas pockets, I'm too busy making sure my pockets are straight. Only thing Nas can do for me is make music. The rest of the ish has no bearing on me. If he want to sit on his ass all day, hey good for him just make sure you pump out some music....
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nas stans got bodied in this piece

In what society is being content acceptable?

So u gonna be the cashier for 20 years instead of tryna become district manager?

? Nas

He aint no influence he just an employee

Rotflol @ chu

? didn't Nas become your favorite rapper last week when you was arguing with me? Now you like ? Nas soon as these "Nas lost" ? come in here for attention you actin a fool again..... Why,...cuz he actually came into this game be a rapper and stayed one? ? outta here hypocrite!

And Nas role in belly >>>>>>>>your boy Jigga weak ass state property on screen role. Even an introvert like Nas has a better personality than that fool
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Flawed logic thread..
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wait so just because Nas isn't a mogul or didn't put on a bunch of ? he's not a legend?

Ill admit he is a terrible business man but what does that have to do with the booth? I don't know any rapper that doesn't have Nas in their top 5. Having the respect and admiration of your peers is something some of the rappers would dream of.