Why Nas will never be top anything in my book..

Options

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Everytime this worthless ? posts I laugh

You have 9,300 posts and not one of em were funny,insightful or enlightening

Being #1 and #2 highest earners in hip hop = bosses

regardless if your 3rd world filthy presence thinks otherwise

Its simple

Nas is a rapper

Im not

Nas has been in an multi million dollar industry for 20 years

I haven't

Nas' peers have been in the same hip hop industry and came da ? up

Yet nas is not top 25 in highest earning rappers in 2009,2010 or 2011

Make excuses for it but thats lack of vision.An ignorant ? like 50 got it but nas didn't

Its that simple dog cape all u want nas prophesizes on cd's and tapes but dont influence his community

Never has and never will

Exactly....this guy recites poems for a living and got rich doing it while 99% of Americans are working ? jobs, losing their homes, unemployed, or worse. Nas made it!

Sammy Davis Jr. died broke, Red Foxx died broke, Mike Tyson went broke, Kareem Abdul Jabari went broke....Nas ain't dead and Nas ain't ever been broke.

A judge said he makes 182,000 a month based on taxes, which ain't to bad for an uneducated Black man from the slums.

You see the glass half empty and I see the glass half full.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I said nas been in the rap game 20 years and hasnt expanded and capitalized like puff jigga,50, ice cube and several other peers

And ? in here wanna know just how this ? affects your life?
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Show me one post in this thread where Im suggesting nas is broke

I said nas been in the rap game 20 years and hasnt expanded and capitalized like puff jigga,50, ice cube and several other peers

Black entrepreneurs wit multi million dolla businesses>>>>A poet who raps for 20 years

That my point and its a fact

You cats can spin it all u want and you're sonning ya self in the process

Why don't you have a million dollar business?
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Exactly....this guy recites poems for a living and got rich doing it while 99% of Americans are working ? jobs, losing their homes, unemployed, or worse. Nas made it!

Sammy Davis Jr. died broke, Red Foxx died broke, Mike Tyson went broke, Kareem Abdul Jabari went broke....Nas ain't dead and Nas ain't ever been broke.

A judge said he makes 182,000 a month based on taxes, which ain't to bad for an uneducated Black man from the slums.

You see the glass half empty and I see the glass half full.

It was 247,000 dollars a month gross. Still can't see why he didn't have the court records sealed.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Why don't you have a million dollar business?

These are the questions that eventually make posters seem foolish.

Thomas made many critical errors in his posts:

He mockingly refers to Nas being in the rap game for 20 years when the average rappers career dosn't exceed beyond 5 years which places Nas in elite company.

Then he goes on to name Cube, 50, Diddy, and JayZ who are a tiny minority of rappers who were able to exploit their success as artists into 100's of millions. Once again Nas is in elite company because the overall majority of rappers never even see a million.

So Nas detractors have inadvertently placed him in the most elite company within his respective field..he's at the top in terms of longevity, earnings, discography, critical acclaim, peer respect, and the most loyal fan base.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Show me one post in this thread where Im suggesting nas is broke

Black entrepreneurs wit multi million dolla businesses>>>>A poet who raps for 20 years

That my point and its a fact

You cats can spin it all u want and you're sonning ya self in the process

Dude ain't starving obviously, he's winning in my book. He doesn't need to or have to run a million dollar business. And aside from Ice Cube (which is still debatable), them cats catalogues have nothing on Nas. Nas sticks to what he does best, and that's rapping. You can also ask how come them other dudes ain't progress musically like Nas has. You can hate Nas for many things, but not being a businessman while still being well off isn't one of them.
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tommy being sonned by OG's in this ?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    smh @ ppl saying Distant Relatives is trash
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I dont get how other rappers can get their personal lives torn apart up here but with Nas "its all about the music". ? corny especially considering the underwhelming albums he has released over the past decade.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yall still feeding this sht?
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nas is hardly immune to ? talkin ? about him. nas lost is a catchphrase like the ? is young berg or somebody lol. but if the ? aint a hustla, he aint a hustla. i guess its even more crazy he ended up wealthy as he is without the hustla drive of a jay-z or 50. testament to how much his fanbase rode with him up through the 2000s. nas arguably did it off straight talent too, his record sales are where his money is from and not multiple side deals. all i know is if i go from food stamps and roaches and end up where i can afford 55k ch support monthly, i aint do too bad (except for the stupidity of marrying that chick lol)
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rofl @ kanye having a better catalog than nas,3x the dough,his own company and major sponsors in 7 YEARS

It took kanye 7 YEARS to become an entrepreneur thru hip hop.Kanye worth 75 mil nas worth 17

Lmao

Smarten up nas still applies 10 years later

Word ? was talkin about jiggas style,and if he could knock Beyonce up

But speak facts on nas and these lames type paragraphs defendin him like they know duke

"Nas doesn't want to be an entrepreneur"

Da ? ?

camron.gif

. .
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    it really doesn't matter what any of us think, if that man is living his life, doing what he wants to do why sit up and waste so much energy talking about his piggy bank? thats what ? in nail shops do.
  • Lab Baby
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rofl @ kanye having a better catalog than nas,3x the dough,his own company and major sponsors in 7 YEARS

It took kanye 7 YEARS to become an entrepreneur thru hip hop.Kanye worth 75 mil nas worth 17

Lmao

Smarten up nas still applies 10 years later

Word ? was talkin about jiggas style,and if he could knock Beyonce up

But speak facts on nas and these lames type paragraphs defendin him like they know duke

"Nas doesn't want to be an entrepreneur"

Da ? ?

I personally don't give two ? about the next man's exploits... Nas can rap, I'm entertained, that's all. The whole premise of the thread is stupid to begin with... Nas isn't a top 5/10/20 MC cuz he didn't expand businesswise. What the hell is that? That's like saying Derrick Rose isn't betater than Lebron cuz he doesn't have as much endorsement deals as him (not saying he is better, just making an example). What does money have to do with your performance? The fact is that overall Nas has been consistent critically and commercially for 17 years (cept Nastradamus qualitywise and DR sales wise). And to say that he's not ahead of most of his peers in those fields is crazy, even for a hater.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tommy needs a father figure in his life.
  • Lab Baby
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This doesnt mention pepsi and good music

Lmao btw end of bio.No business ventures or entrepreneur info

So... 17 mil = Nas lost? I'm done with this thread...
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I dont get how other rappers can get their personal lives torn apart up here but with Nas "its all about the music". ? corny especially considering the underwhelming albums he has released over the past decade.

So Jay been setting the world on fire with duds like kingdom come, and trash like blueprint 2 and 3? Jay ain't had a classic since 03. This ain't about Jay like that but I bring him up to show you yall the ones with the double standards. If Nas flop yall ? on this man but Jay can drop doo doo CD' s and yall turn the other cheek and all a sudden....it ain't about the garbage music or his constant biting Biggies Lyrics, its about who he married too, the weak ass ROC Nation demonic clothing, the 40/40 clubs, the Garbage ass New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets The hanging out with Bill Gates and Oprah and extra ? that has nothing to do with music. Yeah, with Nas it's "ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC" and that's want it should be about!! This is Hip hop we all fell in love with, not ? wall street. I could give a fuckless about Jay or Nas away from rappin Infact.... I think its ? of us to care......But instead we in here talkin about ? business ventures and Tommy in here acting ? as Hell like Jay is his ? daddy. Jay got a corporate Husle....good for him (cuz Lord knows his music is trash) but it's not a requirement for everybody that's rapped since the 90's.
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    So like Jay been setting the world on fire with duds like kingdom come, and trash like blueprint 2 and 3? Jay ain't had a classic since 03. This ain't about Jay like that but I bring him up to show you yall the ones with the double standards. If Nas flop yall ? on this man but Jay can drop doo doo CD' s and yall turn the other cheek and all a sudden....it ain't about the garbage music or his constant biting Biggies Lyrics, its about who he married too, the weak ass ROC Nation demonic clothing, the 40/40 clubs, the Garbage ass New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets The hanging out with Bill Gates and Oprah and extra ? that has nothing to do with music. Yeah, with Nas it's "ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC" and that's want it should be about!! This is Hip hop we all fell in love with, not ? wall street. I could give a fuckless about Jay or Nas away from rappin Infact.... I think its ? of us to care......But instead we in here talkin about ? business ventures and Tommy in here acting ? as Hell like Jay is his ? daddy. Jay got a corporate Husle....good for him (cuz Lord knows his music is trash) but it's not a requirement for everybody that's rapped since the 90's.

Real - ness
  • H-Rap 180
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You always deflect after u get sonned

Kanye,Nelly,wayne,baby,master P,puff,ice cube,Eminem,50,tip,ll,will smith,jigga are more than a minority

I made my points and made all u groupies mad in the process

Lmao Dont compare ME to rappers compare nas to fellow rappers and see how he continues to get lapped by people better than him and smarter than him in this same hip hop industry

As long as I'm on the side of facts, stats and common sense it's impossible to be sonned.

You just named 15 rappers in a genre that has spawned hundreds of thousands of rappers over it's 30+ year history...and all the rappers you named actually attended High-school, trade-school, or college :)

You are correct we shouldn't compare you to rappers we should compare Nas to rappers and in doing so it's obvious that he is one of the most skilled and respected amongst his peers, critics, and fans.

I only entertain insanity and trolling to educate the ignorant and co-sign the enlightened.
  • Who Cares???
    edited November 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    So Jay been setting the world on fire with duds like kingdom come, and trash like blueprint 2 and 3? Jay ain't had a classic since 03. This ain't about Jay like that but I bring him up to show you yall the ones with the double standards. If Nas flop yall ? on this man but Jay can drop doo doo CD' s and yall turn the other cheek and all a sudden....it ain't about the garbage music or his constant biting Biggies Lyrics, its about who he married too, the weak ass ROC Nation demonic clothing, the 40/40 clubs, the Garbage ass New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets The hanging out with Bill Gates and Oprah and extra ? that has nothing to do with music. Yeah, with Nas it's "ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC" and that's want it should be about!! This is Hip hop we all fell in love with, not ? wall street. I could give a fuckless about Jay or Nas away from rappin Infact.... I think its ? of us to care......But instead we in here talkin about ? business ventures and Tommy in here acting ? as Hell like Jay is his ? daddy. Jay got a corporate Husle....good for him (cuz Lord knows his music is trash) but it's not a requirement for everybody that's rapped since the 90's.

As usual, when Nas getting ? on, his fanatics insert Jayz. Im not even going to waste to much time on this. Music is subjective. When you let your views of quality music somehow form a worldy fact, then you have issues. You didnt like Jayz last three albums? And? Im sure theres people who did. Same way I have not liked a Nas disc in a decade but I know there are many who did. You ? are literally unable to converse without female like emotions. Typing in caps, making zero sense. Its wack. Its all about music with Nas, but personal business is important for other rappers. ? hypocritical and redundant.
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If Nas was one of the top 10 on the Forbes and and had a hand in sports teams, Movies, production companies, and put out artists would he then finally be a deserving Goat and get the same kinda pass Jay get for weak ? like BP3 and watch the throne....or is music music and business business and not linked together for a legacy?
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As usual, when Nas getting ? on, his fanatics insert Jayz. Im not even going to waste to much time on this. Music is subjective. When you let your views of quality music somehow form a worldy fact, then you have issues. You didnt like Jayz last three albums? And? Im sure theres people who did. Same way I have not liked a Nas disc in a decade but I know there are many who did. You ? are literally unable to converse without female like emotions. Typing in caps, making zero sense. Its wack. Its all about music with Nas, but personal business is important for other rappers. ? hypocritical and redundant.

Jay Z is a business man

But he's also a RAPPER
  • rip.dilla
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm ok with Nas' poetry
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    Options

All I'm sayin is it should be about the music at all times! If Im callin somebody a rap Goat it's because of what they did or said on they CD's. With you groupies a ? is a Goat because of what company they own, who married them and groupie ? like that. Making no sence? Female emotions? Don't talk to me about female emotions when you Jigga warriors care about how fat his pockets is. Yall sound like prostitutes bragging about this man's money and business ventures. What yall gonna talk about next as to why he the ? mcees...his ? size? Let me know now so I can leave this thread for good before yall start gettin extra ? in here. Why is his business or Nas lack off so important to yall?
  • Who Cares???
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Jay Z is a business man

But he's also a RAPPER

Im trying my hardest to understand how this ? makes any damn sense. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not naive enough to think that this music business is somehow not a business. You making it hard though. Bottom line is, if ? wanna keep this ? strickly music when they little favorite rapper is involved they need to possess the maturity to do it with all rappers. Silly ass excuses, that really make zero sense being that Nas is doing business with his label making him a rapper/businessman also, really expose how in love some if you are with these artist. ? scary.