Is Ludacris a legend in your book?

Options
dizzmatic89
dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
edited December 2011 in The Reason
I have always thought Luda was a dope artist, underrated even. But recently, it seems as though people are hyping him up something heavy, like he's on Jay's level or some ? . The fact remains: Luda has never dropped a classic album. IMO Release Therapy and Back for the First Time are his best albums, and those are 4.5 at the most. His best verses are usually on features.

I don't know about you, but when I think about the greatest to ever do it, I need more than tight verses. Jadakiss is one of the best rappers, dude can spit an ill 16 in a second like it's nothing, but he has never released a classic album, so I don't consider him one of the greatest rappers of all time. We're talking about artistry here, not just raps. It's not enough just to have some tight verses, you gotta have the whole package. Pause.

Where do you rank Luda among the greats?

Comments

• ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    only southern rapper(s) that have had more success is outkast (luda got skill)

that answer your ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wouldnt call him one yet
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yup..............probably in my top 15
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    only southern rapper(s) that have had more success is outkast (luda got skill)

that answer your ?

Nah, because success isn't really what the question is about to be honest.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yup..............probably in my top 15

For real? Who's in your top 15 if I may ask...because I can think of 20 rappers off the top of the dome that's better IMO
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Also, to people saying he's clearly legend, can you please explain why you think that?
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah, because success isn't really what the question is about to be honest.

he a legend

i grew up on luda

back for the 1st time, word of mouf, chicken n beer

those 3 albums alone make him a legend

luda made his own lane...

he will shred up 98% rappers of the last 12yrs
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he a legend

i grew up on luda

back for the 1st time, word of mouf, chicken n beer

those 3 albums alone make him a legend

luda made his own lane...

he will shred up 98% rappers of the last 12yrs

T.I.'s catalogue is stronger,they are dope don't get me wrong but none of those albums are classics

You think the Luda that spits hard on Ciara songs could make a classic album easily, but he has failed to do that.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No. I liked his first 3 albums.

All I can say is Luadcris>>>>T.I. and Jeezy and Lil' Wayne and Rick Ross. Drake.

I am very disappointed in Lucadris after Chicken N Beer.

He's not a legend in my book but got talent.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    not a legend, just a veteran
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options

I agree.

I also think T.I. is better, he may not have as many "classic" verses as Luda but his discography is solid, a lot better than Luda's
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited November 2011
    Options
    T.I.'s catalogue is stronger,they are dope don't get me wrong but none of those albums are classics

You think the Luda that spits hard on Ciara songs could make a classic album easily, but he has failed to do that.

TI >>>> luda

TI will be top 10 all time when he done
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TI >>>> luda

I agree, dude makes dope albums, period. His weakiest ? is prolly that T.I. vs T.I.P, but it's still a solid album.
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree, dude makes dope albumson, period. His weakiest ? is prolly that T.I. vs T.I.P, but it's still a solid album.

he like pac imo not the best technical rapper but his songwriting is on another level

that where luda fails.. he a better raw type spittin MC but his songwriting/album making skills hurt him
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No. Not a legend. Hes decent. Pretty Good when he stays in his lane. "Word of Mouth" was his best album to me.
  • dizzmatic89
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he like pac imo not the best technical rapper but his songwriting is on another level

that where luda fails.. he a better raw type spittin MC but his songwriting/album making skills hurt him

Word up.

That's why he'll never be legendary in my eyes, dude has failed me too many times. I was always waiting for that classic Luda record, but it never happened.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

• swishers&dank
    swishers&dank Members Posts: 189
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he's gotta drop a couple mo classics..

he's the south's answer 2 redman imo..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Easily

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We throw around the word legend too easily
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have always thought Luda was a dope artist, underrated even. But recently, it seems as though people are hyping him up something heavy, like he's on Jay's level or some ? . The fact remains: Luda has never dropped a classic album. IMO Release Therapy and Back for the First Time are his best albums, and those are 4.5 at the most. His best verses are usually on features.

I don't know about you, but when I think about the greatest to ever do it, I need more than tight verses. Jadakiss is one of the best rappers, dude can spit an ill 16 in a second like it's nothing, but he has never released a classic album, so I don't consider him one of the greatest rappers of all time. We're talking about artistry here, not just raps. It's not enough just to have some tight verses, you gotta have the whole package. Pause.

Where do you rank Luda among the greats?

Let's stop actin like Jay cranking out classic after classic. The ? got Blueprint and a 4.5 Mic Black album then some doo doo releases like Vol 1 BP 2 and 3, kingdom come and watch the throne. If Luda drop One classic they'll basically be tied as far as rap history in the classic album category. Two albums ago he murked Jay, Nas, Game, and Wayne and destroyed a DJ Premiere beat all on the same album.

To answer the question, I don't know why he wouldn't be a legend. Name 5 southern rappers that can out spit the man. He's atleast a south Legend. You got Scarface, Andre 3000 and Wayne before both 3k and Weez started dressing ? and that's about it (and even them two are debatable)
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol at comparing Ludacris to ? Jay Z.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? is up with all these Luda and Drake threads lately?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol at comparing Ludacris to ? Jay Z.

lol at there being a huge difference..