Am I the only person here who can't stand a whitewashed Black person????

Options

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Truth. ? is beyond ridiculous to me.

Of course it's true for other races, to a certain extent. But compared to other races, we as a group are more afraid of going against the norm in fear of being ridiculed harshly or being deemed "not a real ? ". It's damn near impossible to find any Black American who will openly admit to not being a Christian. Blacks and religion is just one of many examples.

Im still searching for a fine black woman who isn't religious
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I feel if someone being true to themselves then they should freely express themselves. Whether society sees them as acting black or acting white, acting asian etc. What I hate is the blacks who put white people on a pedestal, on some uncle ruckus ? .
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i speak with a canadian accent, don't use much slang, listen to a lot of pop (or what would be considered white people music), people always assume i'm white after talking to me on the phone, but i don't think i'm white washed at all. i have no desire to be white and i don't think that they own a certain way of talking or a certain genre of music. i think it only becomes white washing when you are doing it as a conscious effort to be more like what you think a white person is like.

I feel that. My bottom line is just be what and how you wanna be. Don't be who and how other people think you should be. Why should my ideals of how I think you should be affect you?

99% percent of the time. I speak with proper english and full enunciated words because I like how it sounds. When I talk I want people to KNOW what I'm saying. I want it to be loud and clear. I made a personal effort to train myself to be that way based on how I want me to be. I'm not gonna live my life according to anyone else's expectations. Indeed I might do a lot of ghetto s***, but that don't mean I have to present myself that way. I do what the hell I want to do and be how I want to be.

When people talk to me over the phone, even though I gotta deep voice some have said straight up said, they didn't "think" I was black. My only question is how do you think a black person "should be"?
    Based on the rhythm of how I talk many people have told me a talk like a Mexican (the Cali I guess). In business, sometimes when I meet people in person, they pause first like "Oh" but then just keep it moving.

I don't know. I guess I just don't care what the next man does and have no personal investment enough to if it's not directly affecting me though. If someone is white-washed based on your perception of yourself, than that's their issue. It don't affect my bottom line and if you don't think that mode of thinking is "black" enough for you life then so what.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't like either. And I don't like black washed white people either a la dr. funky
  • Pocahontas.
    Pocahontas. Members Posts: 133
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I run into a lot of them in Cali as well as the white people that are "black washed" lol.
    They don't bother me.
    I guess it's because I'm used to it.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Colleges are overrun by black girls like this. talk, dress, and act white. I like it though.
  • KingJamal
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I feel that. My bottom line is just be what and how you wanna be. Don't be who and how other people think you should be. Why should my ideals of how I think you should be affect you?

99% percent of the time. I speak with proper english and full enunciated words because I like how it sounds. When I talk I want people to KNOW what I'm saying. I want it to be loud and clear. I made a personal effort to train myself to be that way based on how I want me to be. I'm not gonna live my life according to anyone else's expectations. Indeed I might do a lot of ghetto s***, but that don't mean I have to present myself that way. I do what the hell I want to do and be how I want to be.

When people talk to me over the phone, even though I gotta deep voice some have said straight up said, they didn't "think" I was black. My only question is how do you think a black person "should be"?
    Based on the rhythm of how I talk many people have told me a talk like a Mexican (the Cali I guess). In business, sometimes when I meet people in person, they pause first like "Oh" but then just keep it moving.

I don't know. I guess I just don't care what the next man does and have no personal investment enough to if it's not directly affecting me though. If someone is white-washed based on your perception of yourself, than that's their issue. It don't affect my bottom line and if you don't think that mode of thinking is "black" enough for you life then so what.

How many ? times in this thread am I gonna have to say its more than the way u speak
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Agreed...black christians are the most pathetic people out here.

Whats whitewashed anyway? Read a couple posts here and it just seemed like yall on some ? in a bucket type ? .

As long as "acting black" is doing things that are not socially accepted, yall ? got no choice but to lose.
  • KingJamal
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Alright Ima just say I think some of ya'll in this thread and this forum are some of the dumbest I've ever encountered

If I have to explain every little thing to ya'll then......U know wat never mind. Playmaker,? _i_look_like, The LoniusMonk and some of the others thanks for the responses

Im not gonna explain this ? no more

I like how some folk's insecurities came out on here tho
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *kanye shrug*

I have real problems, so I don't care.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I automatically thought about khloe kardashian black homegirl. I hate the way she talks. Its funny cuz people said I talked white all through school when I know I don't sound white at all.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i didn't know masses of people liked carlton and only 1 liked will
  • leftcoastkev
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    How many ? times in this thread am I gonna have to say its more than the way u speak
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Alright Ima just say I think some of ya'll in this thread and this forum are some of the dumbest I've ever encountered

If I have to explain every little thing to ya'll then......U know wat never mind. Playmaker,? _i_look_like, The LoniusMonk and some of the others thanks for the responses

Im not gonna explain this ? no more

I like how some folk's insecurities came out on here tho

you really lettin all this petty internet s*** get under your skin. lol. nobody cares, u don't have to explain it further. if it's not on the first page, most of us gon forget about it when it drop off.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't blame someone for how they're raised. You know nothing of their life that gives you, or me the right to hate they person they've become.

Hating a carlton ass ? is stupid.

Having an english professor mom and judge dad going to private school, he's gonna end up as a rich kid. Not white washed. But someone of means. is that his fault? Do you blame a kid who grew up in abject poverty for being poor? Is that his fault?

I still dont' understand why black people care so much about what other black people do. ? ain't got lives?
  • leftcoastkev
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I still dont' understand why black people care so much about what other black people do. ? ain't got lives?

I wouldn't want to be a Carlton type guy, but a lot people just can't live and let live. They think other people gotta be the way they want them to be. Some people gotta feel a way and form an opinion about everything.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why so much hate for Carleton though

Was he nerdy? Yes.

But I don't why that such a terrible thing to be
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I remember the ones that hung with nothing but white girls and had the bad tracks, bad make-up and horrible over the top screechy voices.

I used to feel sorry for them because I could just tell how badly they wanted to fit in.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited December 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

Was he nerdy? Yes.

I guess cuz he was a rich black republican.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with how he was raised. It's like ? see the surface and nothing else. It's why we still pay attention to ? like Al Sharpton and only get mad at police brutality.
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yeah, that's how I feel about the girls who dress up like black stero types and talk like white girls. First of all they are proud of a sex slave image. The over sexed tacky image came from slavery, and the sex slaves were provocative entertainers in slavery. It's a difference from being a victim of over sexuality and being proud of a sex slave image. I'm not judgmental but the identity of a sex slave is nothing to be proud of, and it do not make you BLACK. The reason why i dress the way I do is not because I am trying to be white. I actually toned down thru the years because I work more conservative. Also when I'm on social networking sites, I keep it plain and simple. I am very versatile dresser, I do not like to be boxed in, alot of times I wear Afrocentric clothes, you may not know that tho, since I don't put that look out on the internet. Since back in the day a artist was imitating my look, I didn't want anymore looks stolen, since I am not a known artist. .The look on the internet is my lounging look it's not my look as a artist. I don't think dressing black is dressing tacky & dressing white is conservative. I think people need to let go the slave brain washings.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    People are who they are tho.

I dislike the notion that this person is acting white or that person is acting black.

No race has a definite way that they're supposed to act. People just get caught in stereotypes, and when a certain person deviates from that stereotype they're "acting" like somethin they shouldn't be acting like.
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited December 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »

Was he nerdy? Yes.

I liked Carlton.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think there is a thin line, if you try to disassociate your self from all blks rhen yeah u a sell out but being critical
    of the high percentaqge of ignorant ? in the hood,doesnt make anybody white wash,
    just like being critical of how muslims treat woman in other countries. doesnt make u christian wash.

as far as talking it depends on how u were raised.
  • Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    White washed ? > stinky ghetto black power ?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    White people are the most imitated people in the world. Everybody wants to be us.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its annoying til she gives me the ? , after that I could deal with it.....trill ?