Teen Boy that Got Beat by his uncle on tape FOUND DEAD

Options
rockets
rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Remember the uncle that was beating his nephew with a belt. He was angry because the boy was positng stuff about gangs on Facebook. He had his pants sagging and he was cursing at the boy while beating him. Well unforunately that young man was found dead. Read below.

Someone please post the video. I don't know how. Sorry.

A teenager who was a fleeting sensation on YouTube earlier this year after he was videotaped being spanked by his uncle for boasting about gang ties on his Facebook page was found shot to death last week, just steps away from his Terrytown neighborhood home.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office said Michael Taylor, 16, was found shot to death shortly after 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7 when deputies responded to a report of gunshots in the area.

Taylor had been shot multiple times.

Sgt. Larry Dyess, JPSO spokesman, told the Times-Picayune that authorities had no suspect or motive in the incident.

Taylor’s mother, Kimberly Ward, told the newspaper that she kept strict tabs on her son, even making him stay on the sidewalk in eyesight of their home when he went outside. The night of the shooting, she said, Taylor received a text message from a friend at about 8 p.m. and went outside to chat.

"She said she called him back inside a few minutes later to find out what was going on, and he told her he was just talking and went back outside. A few minutes later, her daughter received a text message saying that Taylor had been shot, and then another saying he was dead," the newspaper reported.

"Ward said she rushed from the house, driving around the neighborhood looking for her son, but didn't find him until she was coming back to her apartment complex. That's when she saw his body on the cold sidewalk, clad in the red sweatshirt she'd noticed when he left the house.

"I came home and saw my son on the ground," Ward said.

In addition to his mother and sister, Taylor is survived by a brother, grandparents and a host of relatives and friends. His funeral is scheduled for this morning.

In the YouTube video, posted in January, Taylor’s uncle ordered him to disavow any ties to gangs, announced that the family "don’t come from that sh--," and then proceeded to take off his belt and spank Taylor in full view of the laptop camera.

Rappers Lil Wayne and Birdman spoofed the video, as did another video site called StuntKidzTV.

The original video sparked tons of reaction, from people who applauded the uncle’s actions, calling it an overdue return to old-school parenting and discipline, to those who speculated the public humiliation might drive the teenager deeper into a gang's circle because the youth had been humiliated.

"I am not surprised to hear that this young man's life has ended violently. When I saw the video, I kept thinking that by beating this youth, the uncle was setting him up for some kind of tragedy, either prison or an early grave," said Stacey Patton, who in April launched the web site SparetheKids.com to offer black parents alternatives to corporal punishment and the tools to help foster the healthy development of children.

"I don’t understand why more people don't make the connection between how children are dealt with at home and the larger societal impact," Patton said. "Studies show that maltreated youth make up a disproportionate number of youth involved in school and gang violence. Violent parental discipline increases the risk that a child will act violently later in life. The use of violent discipline teaches children that violence is an appropriate means of shaping behavior and solving problems. Physically disciplining a child has no positive impact for the child, that child's relationship with the parents, or the larger community."

Ward told the Times-Picayune that her son was mild-mannered, but had begun hanging out with tough guys, telling her that he did it .....

.... for protection to avoid problems with other students.

She cited a couple of incidents that she said might have led someone to come after her son, but in each case, Ward maintained her son had been the victim of a misunderstanding or was targeted because of his connection to others who may have instigated a dispute.

She also said Taylor recently took a photo with a friend that was posted on Facebook, that the friend had been involved in an ongoing dispute with an Algiers group and that someone recently threatened Taylor when she took him to the mall recently.

Ward told the newspaper she believed her son's friends, not his actions, led to his death.

"He was guilty by association," she said.
Black Teen Spanked on Viral Video Found Dead

Comments

• needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    edited December 2011
    Options
    dam i really hate to hear that. . . i did see the video awhile back. .. dude look like he was 10 maybe, or early teen idk. . .

did his uncle really get 10 years for making that video?. . . . i grew up being disciplined from several people. . i really dont think that has had a negative effect on me

RIP Michael Taylor
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The beating did no good either, in the sense it didn't work because he dgaf or in a sense that it pushed him to be involved in something like this...

Either way, sad ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    which video are we talking about? anyway, seems like he didn't listen about them gangs

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The kid in question was a husky dude looked to be about 16 at the oldest.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well it's new orleans so there ya go...
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    lol@it being the uncles fault...

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No way that video got him killed. It's New Orleans the price of life is cheap out there from what I hear. Do they still have that 30 day law too?
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    damn thats crazy....im still whoopin my son's ass if he acts up
  • rockets
    edited December 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »

Yes this the video. Not the one where the boy got his eyebrows shaved off. Thank you for posting. I don't know how.RIP.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This is great to hear.
  • rockets
    edited December 2011
    Options
    some people are blaming his death on him obviously not having a stable father in his life. I dunno, but we have to do better. apparently the uncle couldn't save him.
  • rockets
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    that boy needed more than his uncle. he needed a father and mother that would've been willing to do anything to keep him out that lifestyle, move, monitor his activities and friends better. i'm sorta on the fence as far as corporal punishment, but i certainly don't think whoppings by themselves work. a child needs a support system, positive peers and role-models, not just a whopping whenever they do something wrong

This is correct....
  • fiat_money
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He probably felt like he had more to prove after his beating was posted on the internet.

Could've easily factored into his death.

Best uncle ever.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wow@cats really making the leap about the video getting him shot and not his false flagging...

lmao I'm saying!

I'm bout to break down this ? in a sec
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    Taylor’s mother, Kimberly Ward, told the newspaper that she kept strict tabs on her son, even making him stay on the sidewalk in eyesight of their home when he went outside.

the kid was 16 yet you still kept that ? on the sidewalk??? something here ain't right b
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn, his Uncle mist feel bad. Not for the ass whooping, (The Uncle was trying to put him o n the right path.) but for putting it on the net. The kid was a target from that point on. So the kid went to a gang for protection.

SMH R.I.P.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    he night of the shooting, she said, Taylor received a text message from a friend at about 8 p.m. and went outside to chat.

"She said she called him back inside a few minutes later to find out what was going on, and he told her he was just talking and went back outside. A few minutes later, her daughter received a text message saying that Taylor had been shot, and then another saying he was dead," the newspaper reported.

"Ward said she rushed from the house, driving around the neighborhood looking for her son, but didn't find him until she was coming back to her apartment complex. That's when she saw his body on the cold sidewalk, clad in the red sweatshirt she'd noticed when he left the house.

"I came home and saw my son on the ground," Ward said.

1. so my dude got a text from a friend at 8 to go outside and talk
    2. she went to get him back...he said hold on...went back outside
    3. he disappears with said friends (whose names are either not known or withheld from this article)
    4. his sister gets a text message that he's dead??? my ? who gets text messages about their sibling being killed??? WHO SENDS TEXT MESSAGES AFTER SHOTS RING OUT
    5. she drives around the neighborhood looking for her son.....so the ? that texted your daughter never told you where he got shot at??? *facepalm*
    6. her son was shot on a sidewalk, never in a car...so where are the ? he was hanging out with??? he's the only victim in this shooting??? nobody else was targeted??? ya son got set up.....ask the text message sending ?
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn, his Uncle mist feel bad. Not for the ass whooping, (The Uncle was trying to put him o n the right path.) but for putting it on the net. The kid was a target from that point on. So the kid went to a gang for protection.

SMH R.I.P.

y'all are seriously not thinking this through...this has nil to do with the uncle

look at the situation and circumstance in which he was gunned down

it was going to happen regardless....if the uncle doesn't whip his ass he still ends up hanging with some G's....if his uncle whips his ass he still hangs with some G's....at the end of the day the uncle's interference wasn't going to do nothing

he was false flagging....he was doing what every other kid does to get put down the only difference is is that there was a video circulating on the net about him

as we sit here in our ivory towers there is a kid getting ready to put in work right now the same way this kid wanted to (like a rapper)

this kid had a support structure around him and still wanted to be down....100% TLC chasing waterfalls ? ....my condolences
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol...
    u cats really want this to be true...
    how about kids not having guns and shooting eachother?

Nah I don't want it to be true, and I don't believe the Uncle was wrong. (except putting it on the net)

I did forget he was claiming to be a gangsta. That ? can and will catch up to you.

It's sad because it seemed like he had a good family structure.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nah I don't want it to be true, and I don't believe the Uncle was wrong. (except putting it on the net)

I did forget he was claiming to be a gangsta. That ? can and will catch up to you.

It's sad because it seemed like he had a good family structure.

he did....but *ye shrug*

I don't know man....I'm an 88 baby and personally I feel like my generation is full of ? like this....I'm more sad that he got shot....like I personally feel he should've just got beat up, maybe a scare....something that really shook him and made him see life a different way

he ain't have to go out like that cause he's not a G.....whoever shot him doesn't deserve the stripes
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol@it being the uncles fault...
    wow@cats really making the leap about the video getting him shot and not his false flagging...

• CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn, its been a rough year in NOLA
    Everytime I watch one of their news channels, they reporting on multiple homicides
    Crazy that after the hurricane, ? still hasn't changed out there
  • fiat_money
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn shame how that uncle got that boy killed like that.

It just ain't right.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow, Its a damn shame... kids dont value life, let alone anything else WORTH IT anymore.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Them gangsta killa ? was watchin youtube in the NO like "WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this ? uncle just ? up, we gone ? this lil boy cherdmeh?" or whatever or however they talk. This uncle should be brought up on murder charges for disciplining his obviously bad hard headed ass son...Who does that? That's not the american way!

Smh @ the blame being the uncles. Nah man kid was ? up playin wit some ? he shouldn't play about.